hey i am not fat, i am fluffy.
    A fluffy pit bullšŸ˜µ
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 09:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    actually you are wrong. we are not easily dispatching him. we are no match for him. sadly he cheats. by not submitting himself to the basic rules of common sense, that someone else's opinion might be worth something that oneself might be wrong, that there is no absolute truth and everyone might have a point, that one should admit one is lacking knowledge(th ...[text shortened]... . and foil our evil plan to lead him into temptation once again. alas, he is better than us.
    Oh he 's well dispatched allright!

For, if he is aware of this fact, he knows that he is forced to continue this conversation backing up his opinion solely with religious beliefs instead of scientific finds and evidence, thus in due time his position will become untenable.

In the contrary, if he is still aware not that he is dispatched, he will be forced to bring up more pseudo-scientific finds and evidence, which it will be once more dismissed as inaccurate and false or dated and false.

Finally, in case that everybody 's wrong and robbie 's able to prove he 's right, ie to prove that the theory of the evolution is less probable than creationism and back this opinion with scientific finds and evidence, we 'll enjoy a unique chance to have ourselves educated.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 11:312 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh please it is to laugh! i thought you said a proven scientific fact! it just gets better and better!!!

and what has my alternative got to do with anything in regard to evolutionary postulation, that's right my learned friend, absolutely zeeeeero, so please if you cannot or will not make with the readies and provide evidence that irreducible comp ...[text shortened]... ne of your learning and ability!

and speaking of learning and ability where is black beetle?
    …and what has my alternative got to do with anything in regard to evolutionary postulation.…

Faith in your alternative is the true reason why you deny evolution.

If this was not the case then it is a strange coincidence that you selectively find fault in only those scientific theories that just happen t contradict your religious beliefs.
    Can you give me an example of a commonly believed scientific theory believed to be correct by the overwhelming majority of scientists other than the Big Bang theory or evolution theory that you disbelieve and which does NOT in any way, even indirectly, conflict with your religious beliefs?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 12:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    exactly. you have no thoughts, you just repeat what certain people tell you. so if your pastor says that any knowledge besides creationism(i use the term knowledge loosely) is evil, you will not question any of it, nor will you listen to what other people have to tell you. this is how a debate works, one claims something, the other brings counter-arguments, ...[text shortened]... btain and maintain his position? can you say filthy rich fundamentalist christian college donor?
    haha, what a Muppet, i don't have a pastor and i don't go to church or chuch as the black brothers term it and i have consistently asked for any alternative views and comments with regard to irreducible complexity and whether it is a valid theory or not.

i gave you the benefit of the doubt when i entered into dialogue with you in the hope that you could at least be civil, but alas you could not even attain to the most basic of human courtesies and until you do i will have nothing more to do with you - cya!
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 13:06
    haha, what a Muppet, i don't have a pastor and i don't go to church or chuch as the black brothers term it and i have consistently asked for any alternative views and comments with regard to irreducible complexity and whether it is a valid theory or not.

i gave you the benefit of the doubt when i entered into dialogue with you in the hope that yo ...[text shortened]... most basic of human courtesies and until you do i will have nothing more to do with you - cya!
    oh noes, the little girl is packing her dolls and goes home, again.

what are we to do?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 13:14
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…and what has my alternative got to do with anything in regard to evolutionary postulation.…

Faith in your alternative is the true reason why you deny evolution.

If this was not the case then it is a strange coincidence that you selectively find fault in only those scientific theories that just happen t contradict your religious beliefs ...[text shortened]... disbelieve and which does NOT in any way, even indirectly, conflict with your religious beliefs?[/b]
    how very interesting Mr Hamilton, you were pressed for evidence and have come up with, wait for it .........hear that......its an eerie silence...... reminiscent of scientific literature on how molecular machines, the basis of life, developed.......an eerie and complete silence.

let us take a moment dear reader to bow our heads in silence and respect to a once held cherished belief that now has returned to its final resting place in the realms of mythology from whence it came.

oh and you are very very wrong, even when i was a student i did not buy the postulations of evolutionary dogma, even before i knew anything about religion, common sense reared like a huge banner glistening and fluttering in the wind and compelled me to read it and examine the basis for its tenets! so enough of attacking creationism, its a very broad target and serves as nothing more than a smoke screen for the inadequacies of finding answers to the issues raised.

so mr Hamilton without further comment may I proceed to some other postulation, perhaps genetics or mutations and the so called 'transmigration', of species, or the huge gulf between the different species in the fossil record or the rather underhanded and dishonest attempts to build the first representative of the human kind that have occurred in the past as in the case of the ill fated ramapithecus?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 13:36
    how very interesting Mr Hamilton, you were pressed for evidence and have come up with, wait for it .........hear that......its an eerie silence...... reminiscent of scientific literature on how molecular machines, the basis of life, developed.......an eerie and complete silence.

let us take a moment dear reader to bow our heads in silence and re ...[text shortened]... of the human kind that have occurred in the past as in the case of the ill fated ramapithecus?
    it is not possible that you are THIS stupid. this must be an elaborate plan of yours to piss us off. not to mention you are calling stupid someone who is way more intelligent than you but let's ignore that little fact.

ok let's start over: forget what we said. how do YOU think life evolved or started or magically poofed into existence?

will you answer this time? will you come up now with a theory? anything will do. we promise we will prove you wrong in a polite manner.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 13:47
    i have consistently asked for any alternative views and comments with regard to irreducible complexity and whether it is a valid theory or not.
    Yet you refuse to address those alternative views or comments.
    Here is a comment from me:
    A Scientific Theory can only be considered valid if there is at a minimum one shred of evidence in its support. Irreducible complexity does not have such evidence and thus cannot be regarded as a scientific theory. You yourself admit this lack of evidence yet come to completely the wrong conclusion. You stated:
    i must of necessity conclude, due to lack of supporting evidence that irreducible complexity is a valid theory
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 13:52
    let us take a moment dear reader to bow our heads in silence and respect to a once held cherished belief that now has returned to its final resting place in the realms of mythology from whence it came.
    Let us for a moment assume that you are correct and that the fields of biology, astronomy, geology and a few others are all mythology and their adherents are either rather lacking in mental prowess or dishonest in the extreme, what do you believe is the reason for this massive attempt to deceive the masses? Who is behind it all and why? Do you have any guesses?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 14:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Let us for a moment assume that you are correct and that the fields of biology, astronomy, geology and a few others are all mythology and their adherents are either rather lacking in mental prowess or dishonest in the extreme, what do you believe is the reason for this massive attempt to deceive the masses? Who is behind it all and why? Do you have any guesses?
    Satan! To damn our immortal souls!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 14:20
    Originally posted by black beetle
    A fluffy pit bullšŸ˜µ
    no no, just a garbage pit full of bull i think is more apropos
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulƤrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 14:25
    no no, just a garbage pit full of bull i think is more apropos
    I challenge you to read and refute Dobzhansky's "Nothing Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution". You can get it from Wikipedia. We could go through it point by point if you like.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 14:402 edits
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I challenge you to read and refute Dobzhansky's "Nothing Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution". You can get it from Wikipedia. We could go through it point by point if you like.
    bosse i already know that from the perspective of certain eminent biologists and scientists that unless the assumption of evolution exists then their whole belief systems crumble, my very point is that it has its basis in assumptions, this my friend is irrefutable, but i will read the article, whether it is refutable i doubt very much, but at least if i have given you leave to examine your own beliefs in this regards then it is enough for me - regards Robbie.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 14:53
    ... but i will read the article, whether it is refutable i doubt very much, ...
    Just can't get your posts right these days can you?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 15:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Just can't get your posts right these days can you?
    actually in view of your lack of substantiating evidence which amounts to.....hear that....another eerie silence..... then i must conclude that i have done something right, as for making mistakes so what, perhaps you yourself are infallible, like the Pope! why you even condescend to tolerate lesser mortals is a wonder in itself, but wait thats right you are a god, how silly of me, able to distinguish for yourself good and bad! oh immortal one have mercy on me, a poor human, given to human weakness and fallibility, to dwell in uncertainty, stumbling from assumption to assumption, never able to climb and ascertain to absolute truth as is the prerogative of the gods...alas oh it is too much....wail wail...grief grief...lament lament....i am but a mortal and you an infallible god!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree