1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 09:19
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you don't have this much patience with me when i say that god may exist, and my faith doesn't contradict with my reasoning.
    yet you put up with this buffoon much longer than anyone. why is that?
    I am not sure, but upon reflection it may be because I have more respect for you and so I am a bit tougher on you because I think you are capable of better. Robbie on the other hand is clearly stuck in a world of self delusion that I suspect I can never free him of. I am merely trying to understand the psychology of it all and want to see how he responds when faced with difficult questions. I have met a number of people like him before and it has always left me wondering to what extent they realize their own delusions. I have noticed on these forums how certain people carefully avoid certain questions, but I am not always sure to what extent that is conscious avoidance of the truth or to what extent it is unconscious, or to what extent they genuinely believe what they say but do not understand the subject matter and are afraid of being shown up as ignorant.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 09:481 edit
    Originally posted by Mexico
    You've completely failed to answer either of my questions, instead jumping onto the opinion I expressed at the end of the post and attempting to debase it.

I'll try again this time without the opinion

[b]So robbie, If I gathered from your essay at the start and postings your looking for.

1. A clear and unequivocal example of a biological system made te isn't the most effective method of arguing....

Now please answer my questions......
    sorry my friend the ill will that has been generated by those who have nothing constructive nor relevant to state has overwhelmed my desire for anything more to do with this thread nor this forum, if you want to private mail me any of your references then please do so, for i myself have nothing further to state and in future, although it is a public forum i will be more careful with whom i engage in dialogue for the motives of those aforementioned are unclear and their propensity for derogatory remarks a general feature and reflective of the type of persons they are! i find myself being drawn to this level which is not advisory for i am a generally cheerful and good natured person and only wish to share some ideas and have some fun in the process - regards Robbie.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 09:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am not sure, but upon reflection it may be because I have more respect for you and so I am a bit tougher on you because I think you are capable of better. Robbie on the other hand is clearly stuck in a world of self delusion that I suspect I can never free him of. I am merely trying to understand the psychology of it all and want to see how he responds ...[text shortened]... they say but do not understand the subject matter and are afraid of being shown up as ignorant.
    you have tickled my ego and thought me a lesson in patience, patience that ran out with robbie here. thank you.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 10:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what are you talking about? i have looked at every reference given by you purveyors of the myth, i have looked at and read the references posted by Bosse , i have looked at and read the references posted by andrew hamiltion and even refuted the claims with regard to a certain moth, do you really want me to go through them all, the RNA world theory, t ...[text shortened]... their minds by years of conditioning and embrace other sources other than unintelligent causes!
    "To a person who does not feel obliged to restrict his search to unintelligent causes, the straightforward conclusion is that many biochemical systems were designed. They were designed not by the laws of nature not by chance and necessity; rather, they were planned......Life on earth at its most fundamental level, in its most critical components is the product of intelligent activity."

question:
    you call evolutionists crazy and chasing ghosts and being illogical, devious, unscientific, etc. you disregard their theories yet you think the above quote to be from a brilliant scientific mind even if he doesn't explain anything doesn't give reasons.

they were designed, not might be designed, they are the product of intelligent activity, not might be. not to mention that if they were, then that intelligence chooses to act in a totally unintelligent manner by contradicting the laws that intelligence put forward for the universe in the first place.

who is the quack here?
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 11:09
    sorry my friend the ill will that has been generated by those who have nothing constructive nor relevant to state has overwhelmed my desire for anything more to do with this thread nor this forum
    Ill will? People have been trying to engage you in good faith, yet you decline to return the favour. Worse yet, you're playing the victim. Please accept my pity.
  6. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 12:24
    sorry my friend the ill will that has been generated by those who have nothing constructive nor relevant to state has overwhelmed my desire for anything more to do with this thread nor this forum, if you want to private mail me any of your references then please do so, for i myself have nothing further to state and in future, although it is a public ...[text shortened]... ured person and only wish to share some ideas and have some fun in the process - regards Robbie.
    So... You start a thread, one that you know will be inflammatory and attract all the usual comments from both sides, but in your defense you certainly seem like you want an actual discussion in the first post.

People start to dismantle either your references' credibility, which by the way is a perfectly valid debating technique, or arguing your points but not providing the evidence your requesting. Thus you use this as a leverage to start bashing Darwinian evolution, which was a nice distraction from your original points diverting the whole thing into an irrelevant name calling match allowing you to take the moral high ground be indignant and never actually respond to anyone......
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:28
    Originally posted by Mexico
    So... You start a thread, one that you know will be inflammatory and attract all the usual comments from both sides, but in your defense you certainly seem like you want an actual discussion in the first post.

People start to dismantle either your references' credibility, which by the way is a perfectly valid debating technique, or arguing your points but ...[text shortened]... owing you to take the moral high ground be indignant and never actually respond to anyone......
    join the flood thread that's where the party is now 😀
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 18:53
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    join the flood thread that's where the party is now 😀
    Them poor dinos died coz of the Flood
    :'(
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 18:55
    What a pity; for them poor dinos were designed by Him too
    :'(:'(
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 23:19
    Originally posted by black beetle
    What a pity; for them poor dinos were designed by Him too
    :'(:'(
    they were simply a draft, something god came up with while drunk and then realized they were a bad idea so they were right-clicked and sent to the recycle bin.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Nov '08 07:59
    no this is science verses the myth of evolution debate, which has already been proven, by numerous references and attested to by the most learned of people to be unscientific, please let us not delude ourselves, so far it has nothing to do with creationism, that merely shifts the emphasis away from the scientific arguments and provides a target for e ...[text shortened]... ith fairy tales and mythology masquerading in the form of science as is the case with evolution!
    Just out of curiosity, where are the scientific papers that support your views?
    I would like to read them. I am talking about pubs like "Nature" and the like. Peer reviewed works. Do you have links since your contention is it is science vs the myth of evolution, I would like to see that science in action.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree