1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 16:44
    I hear some claim to have experienced true reality from taking LSD. A glimpse into higher states of consciousness that reveal unity in all of creation. I only experienced extreme frieght, and wished like hell I had never taken the stuff, but others tell a different sory. Whats your story.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 17:17
    Originally posted by buckky
    I hear some claim to have experienced true reality from taking LSD. A glimpse into higher states of consciousness that reveal unity in all of creation. I only experienced extreme frieght, and wished like hell I had never taken the stuff, but others tell a different sory. Whats your story.
    I've only done it a few times, but I have to say that my experiences were mostly positive or neutral.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 17:30
    Years ago friend of mine had a very traumatic experience with LSD, a long story, but I ended sitting next to him holding his hand all night as he trembled in psychotic fear. Horrible.

Whether you have a good or bad experence it is neither other-worldly nor spiritual - it's called being whacked out of your skull!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 18:001 edit
    prior to becoming a Christian and adopting the Christ as my model, i had on not a few occasions taken copious amounts of LSD with varying degrees of success. there were times when i just giggled and giggled and had rather amazing hallucinations due to the heightened awareness that it gives. mostly our environment suggests things to our mind, and the LSD somehow takes those suggestions and makes them real, and we are blown away by them.

other times i have taken it i was in full control of my faculties, in fact i would say that because it made me self conscious, i was in more control, i was able to ride my bike, have a meaningful conversation with my friends, even a deep conversation.

once we bought a whole batch of them and we tried one or two, and nothing happened and we thought that they were fake, so we gobbled three or four, turned out they were real, watched Pink Floyd live in Pompeii, that was unforgettable.

what i would say, is that while it changed my perception at the time, it has contributed nothing to my spirituality and i would strongly advise against its use as a spiritual medium, or even a recreational one. It is not like smoking pot, nor like taking cocaine, it opens the receptors of the mind to all sorts of influences, and who can fathom the dictates of the mind?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 03:12
    A half a dozen times in my youth.

Did it in conjunction with speed and pot and beer. I had a high level of tolerance for drugs. We partied all the time. It was great fun.

I wouldn't recommend it though. Doesn't lead to anything closely resembling enlightenment.
  6. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 03:17
    No. can't say that I have ever tried that. I never liked any sort of drug. I don't drink or smoke either. I just prefer it that way.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:29
    Originally posted by josephw
    A half a dozen times in my youth.

Did it in conjunction with speed and pot and beer. I had a high level of tolerance for drugs. We partied all the time. It was great fun.

I wouldn't recommend it though. Doesn't lead to anything closely resembling enlightenment.
    you're very brave.

I never even dared mix it with pot or beer, just the LSD alone was too much for me.
  8. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:17
    Originally posted by whiteknight26
    No. can't say that I have ever tried that. I never liked any sort of drug. I don't drink or smoke either. I just prefer it that way.
    Same. Plus, there's the health issue. You guys really ought to take care of yourselves. 1 Cor 3:17-18 🙁 You could die.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:56
    Originally posted by LinkHyrule
    Same. Plus, there's the health issue. You guys really ought to take care of yourselves. 1 Cor 3:17-18 🙁 You could die.
    there is no such thing as an LSD overdose, so you can't die because of it.
  10. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:021 edit
    No, but still the things you do on your trip can still kill you, especially since you don't seem to understand danger during it, and it is addictive, and anything that addicts effects your brain, however subtlely. Pot and beer do have lethal effects though. I've had a lot of relatives who've died from drugs and alcohol, and it hurts the people you leave behind :'(
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:04
    No, but still the thing you do on your trip can still kill you. Pot and beer do have lethal effects though.
    but that is not a "health issue", thats just hurting yourself.

yes they do, but still, its enjoyable and its ok. There is no religious reason why people shouldn't drink, or smoke pot.
  12. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:091 edit
    So because your on drugs you aren't responsible for your actions? What if you kill someone accidently? Is that justified? If you are the temple of God, shouldn't "thou shalt not kill" not be allowed in the temple of God? Christ threw out the salesman in the temple, don't you think he'd not like murderers in the temple?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:27
    So because your on drugs you aren't responsible for your actions? What if you kill someone accidently? Is that justified? If you are the temple of God, shouldn't "thou shalt not kill" not be allowed in the temple of God? Christ threw out the salesman in the temple, don't you think he'd not like murderers in the temple?
    Are you saying its wrong to drink alcohol ?
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 19:54
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Are you saying its wrong to drink alcohol ?
    To get drunk.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 22:51
    Originally posted by daniel58
    To get drunk.
    You mean it has another purpose?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree