05 Aug '09 00:11
    Well, alcohol is an anti-septic..... >_> lol
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 04:11
    Originally posted by LinkHyrule
    Same. Plus, there's the health issue. You guys really ought to take care of yourselves. 1 Cor 3:17-18 🙁 You could die.
    LSD is a chemically inert substance.It acts as a catalyst. The effect of "being high" is merely the release of serotonin, a naturally occuring substance. It does cause a massive release.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 04:13
    Originally posted by LinkHyrule
    No, but still the things you do on your trip can still kill you, especially since you don't seem to understand danger during it, and it is addictive, and anything that addicts effects your brain, however subtlely. Pot and beer do have lethal effects though. I've had a lot of relatives who've died from drugs and alcohol, and it hurts the people you leave behind :'(
    Anything used in excess can have lethal effects, even religion.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 08:41
    Had it a few(🙂) times many years ago .Mostly good trips.Even the little bit bad ones ended up turning out good.

Acid trips served as templates for more bizzare expereiences to come.
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 12:52
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    there is no such thing as an LSD overdose, so you can't die because of it.
    That is incorrect. Common dosage is on the microgram level. It is entirely possible to experience pulmonary seizures at higher dosages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsd#Dosage

" Estimates for the lethal dosage (LD50) of LSD range from between 200 µg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg of human body mass, though most sources report that there are no known human cases of such an overdose. Other sources note one report of a suspected fatal overdose of LSD occurring in November 1975 in Kentucky in which there were indications that ~1/3 of a gram (320 mg or 320,000 µg) had been injected intravenously. "

In answer to the OP, my various experiences with LSD are certainly factors in my worldview today. I can remember several extremely powerful "trips", both good and bad. Although many of my friends found the experience spiritual, it had the opposite effect on me...much more of a "Spinozan" result, if I may.
  6. England
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 13:49
    any over induljance is glutany, from eating, drinking and drug taking, etc. they all cause some problem.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 20:50
    Remember, folks, one milligram of Niacin (not time-released) per microgram of LSD and you will be dead sober in 10-15 minutes.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 21:24
    Its not around any more.Hasn't been for years . I guess the government cant make as much money from something that is non-addictive and mind-expanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree