slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 08:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No religious war?
    That's a possible belief?

What about the Crusades?
    I didn't have room to make the title:
    Anyone thinking there is no religious war going on?
    Like Stang maybe?
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 08:14
    There is certainly a lot of war that comes from religion, but if you're implying that it's Christians against Moslems I disagree. The radical extremist Moslems that are convinced of this do not represent a majority. There are plenty of Moslems who are as much against terrorism as anybody is.
  5. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 09:511 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    There is certainly a lot of war that comes from religion, but if you're implying that it's Christians against Moslems I disagree. The radical extremist Moslems that are convinced of this do not represent a majority. There are plenty of Moslems who are as much against terrorism as anybody is.
    I would say Yes, there are religious wars currently taking place. For one, there is the
    Jewish-Islamic war that troubling the Middle East in Palestine. There are few on and
    off ones in Africa, between Christians and Muslims, as well as other minor religions.
    The conflict is still in the Chechen, but not as much mentioned now as its not a
    media sell out it once used to be.

I agree with the view that many Muslims condemn terrorisms, but I also feel the
    prejudice is still there. As soon as some bomb goes off somewhere, people’s first
    thoughts are; They must be Muslims. There is this misconception in the Western
    World that all Muslims are “Terrorists”, “Extremists” and “Fundamentalists”.

This by itself can be considered as Cold War.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 14:34
    Originally posted by Peachy
    I would say Yes, there are religious wars currently taking place. For one, there is the
    Jewish-Islamic war that troubling the Middle East in Palestine. There are few on and
    off ones in Africa, between Christians and Muslims, as well as other minor religions.
    The conflict is still in the Chechen, but not as much mentioned now as its not a
    media sell ou ...[text shortened]... errorists”, “Extremists” and “Fundamentalists”.

This by itself can be considered as Cold War.
    Did you go to the link and read the piece? 100 muslim extremists
    armed with ak47's attacked police stations all over this town in
    Russia, all on a hari-kari mission to take as many Christians out
    as possible.
    This seems to me to be the Crusades chapter 7.
  7. Meddling with things
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 17:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    as possible.
    Which state currently lead by a fundamentalist has armed forces currently occupying significant holy cities of another religion?

Hmm, let me think, three words, first begins with U......second begins with S.......anyone got it yet?
  8. Colorado
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 18:31
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Which state currently lead by a fundamentalist has armed forces currently occupying significant holy cities of another religion?

Hmm, let me think, three words, first begins with U......second begins with S.......anyone got it yet?
    That's four words 😛

Since these extremist guys want to kill everybody who doesn't believe the way they do (kinda like Hitler), it's safe to say most of the world fights them as they should.

I still don't believe that these extremists represent all of Islam though.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 19:54
    That's four words 😛

Since these extremist guys want to kill everybody who doesn't believe the way they do (kinda like Hitler), it's safe to say most of the world fights them as they should.

of course they don't represent all of Islam but the upper ranks
    want war.
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 20:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    as possible.
    Such aggression is against Islamic Law. I personally condemn this act, and don’t consider it part of Islam, or the message that Islam brings. There is a very well known verse in the Quran that roughly translate: “There is no force in religion”. We respect Christianity and Judaism and shouldn’t be raging a war against our brothers of the Book.

Such act only pollutes the name of Islam and all its peaceful message.
  11. Colorado
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 20:47
    Such aggression is against Islamic Law. I personally condemn this act, and don’t consider it part of Islam, or the message that Islam brings. There is a very well known verse in the Quran that roughly translate: “There is no force in religion”. We respect Christianity and Judaism and shouldn’t be raging a war against our brothers of the Book.

Such act only pollutes the name of Islam and all its peaceful message.
    Yes, I agree with Peachy. There is a very good web site that explains it.

www.esscr.org/g206_2.htm

"Spreading Peace
    is the core of the Islamic Call

There is a common stereotype that dominates the minds of some Muslims and Non-Muslims alike where they think that Islam calls for wars with those who do not hold the Islamic beliefs. Reading the base principles of Islam with relation to the struggle that Muhammad (PBUH) and his followers had to go through in order to spread peace, reveals the fallacy of that notion."

Sonhouse in not wrong that there are clerics and such that use Islam to brainwash people into war, but I don't believe that this is the message of Islam. I also believe that the majority of Muslims know better.
  12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 20:58
    That's four words 😛

And which pot is calling which kettle black (and yeah, I know we British are up to our neck in it too).
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 21:05
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    And which pot is calling which kettle black
    What does this mean?
  14. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 21:32
    What does this mean?
    Thank you for that site, brings the topic into conclusion.

"And which pot is calling which kettle black" means that pots and kettles are alike,
    both burnt black, both in the same boat. One can't attack the other for both have the
    same defect.
  15. Colorado
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 22:12
    Thank you for that site, brings the topic into conclusion.

"And which pot is calling which kettle black" means that pots and kettles are alike,
    both burnt black, both in the same boat. One can't attack the other for both have the
    same defect.
    Ok, thanks. Haven't heard that one before. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree