1. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:21
    It's quite apparent from the bible that god cares more about his apples than his children!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:483 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    It's quite apparent from the bible that god cares more about his apples than his children!
    some thoughts for consideration

(1 Peter 5:6-7) Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt YOU in due time;  while you throw all your anxiety upon him, because he cares for you.

(Psalm 55:22)  Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter.

(Matthew 6:30-32) . . .If, now, God thus clothes the vegetation of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much rather clothe you, you with little faith?  So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’  For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For your heavenly Father knows you need all these things.

and possibly one of my favourite verses,

(Isaiah 41:10) . . .Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

🙂
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:56
    WRONG, it's spelled God though
  4. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:39
    "For now we have to explain not only why an omnipotent, omniscient and all-good God should create such a universe and such a man, but also why, foreseeing every move of the feeble, weak-willed, ignorant, and covetous creature to be created, He should nevertheless have created him and, having done so, should be incensed and outraged by man's sin, and why He should deem it necessary to sacrifice His own son on the cross to atone for this sin which was, after all, only a disobedience of one of His commands, and why this atonement and consequent redemption could not have been followed by man's return to Paradise - particularly of those innocent children who had not yet sinned - and why, on Judgement Day, this merciful God should condemn some to eternal torment." K. Baier
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:15
    On one hand, god punishes innocents and on the other hand,god sustains. You can't have it both ways..........unless god is bipolar....or is he tri polar?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:32
    It never says that Adam and Eve ate apples. It says they ate fruit.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:40
    On one hand, god punishes innocents and on the other hand,god sustains. You can't have it both ways..........unless god is bipolar....or is he tri polar?
    God does not punish the innocent.

(James 1:13)  When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. . .
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    God does not punish the innocent.

(James 1:13)  When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. . .
    So being forever banned from paradise was not a punishment nor painful child birth........
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:09
    So being forever banned from paradise was not a punishment nor painful child birth........
    Yes but were they innocent, as you have surmised?
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 07:31
    Yes but were they innocent, as you have surmised?
    The point is are all people after Adam and Eve worthy of being punished because god cares more about his apples (ie keeping people ignorant) than his children? It makes far more sense if there is no god than the logic presented by the bible.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 08:441 edit
    The point is are all people after Adam and Eve worthy of being punished because god cares more about his apples (ie keeping people ignorant) than his children? It makes far more sense if there is no god than the logic presented by the bible.
    its, not about apples my friend, nor fruit, nor ignorance, but moral independence and universal sovereignty, whether God has the right to set standards or whether humans are better off making their own morality. one can hardly say that God caused the first human couple to sin, can we.

there are natural laws that if one denied can lead to tragic consequences, for example the law of gravity. we can choose to obey or disobey it, can we not? we can stand at the edge of a tall precipice and decide for ourselves whether we shall choose to obey it or not, in full recognition of the consequences. we are free moral agents, God has not brought us to the edge of the precipice, we have ourselves. it is high time people stopped blaming God and we take responsibility for the actions of the human race!

Has this moral independence brought us any benefits, i for one would beg to differ! not only that. but humanity has not been left in the lurch, for God has provided, at great cost to himself, a ransomer or redeemer as it is often referred to, so that those who are willing to be obedient to gods morality, may escape the consequences of the actions of our first human parents and once again reside in an earthly paradise when God restores it once again, for his original purpose has not been thwarted and he shall carry it out.
  12. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 13:41
    its, not about apples my friend, nor fruit, nor ignorance, but moral independence and universal sovereignty, whether God has the right to set standards or whether humans are better off making their own morality. one can hardly say that God caused the first human couple to sin, can we.

there are natural laws that if one denied can lead to tragic ...[text shortened]... estores it once again, for his original purpose has not been thwarted and he shall carry it out.
    You are talking in circles. The bottom line is that god punishes the children for the sins of the parents. You think that is right, and that makes you as unethical as god.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:36
    You are talking in circles. The bottom line is that god punishes the children for the sins of the parents. You think that is right, and that makes you as unethical as god.
    no, i am not talking in circles. You on the other hand are only ever seeing one side of the matter, you have not made one reference to the reconciliation process that God has initiated, nor to the fact that we as humans are responsible for our own actions, nor that as parents we can also help our children through parental example to avoid the consequential actions of the very first parents. God has made a provision that if anyone wishes, they can avoid the consequences of the original parents. i am not God, but a human being, it is those who seek to establish their own morality that have made themselves 'gods', not me!
  14. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:33
    no, i am not talking in circles. You on the other hand are only ever seeing one side of the matter, you have not made one reference to the reconciliation process that God has initiated, nor to the fact that we as humans are responsible for our own actions, nor that as parents we can also help our children through parental example to avoid the conseq ...[text shortened]... it is those who seek to establish their own morality that have made themselves 'gods', not me!
    According to the bible, because of the sin of Eve eating the apple, all women are punished by having to suffer painful child birth. What provisions has god made to avoid that suffering? Also, the apple represented knowledge, and biting the apple represented obtaining knowledge. It's obvious to me you have not bitten the apple. Why does god endorse staying ignorant?
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:36
    According to the bible, because of the sin of Eve eating the apple, all women are punished by having to suffer painful child birth. What provisions has god made to avoid that suffering? Also, the apple represented knowledge, and biting the apple represented obtaining knowledge. It's obvious to me you have not bitten the apple. Why does god endorse staying ignorant?
    God doesn't it's our choice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree