1. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 18:56
    Originally posted by daniel58
    God doesn't it's our choice.
    He certainly forbid biting into the fruit of knowledge when, don't you think he should have encouraged knowledge?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 18:59
    Originally posted by 667joe
    He certainly forbid biting into the fruit of knowledge when, don't you think he should have encouraged knowledge?
    He did He told them to not bite into the fruit, which would've let them keep their knowledge, therefore He encouraged knowledge.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 19:021 edit
    You are talking in circles. The bottom line is that god punishes the children for the sins of the parents. You think that is right, and that makes you as unethical as god.
    do you not comprehend any more encompassing issues than child birth?
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 19:24
    Originally posted by daniel58
    He did He told them to not bite into the fruit, which would've let them keep their knowledge, therefore He encouraged knowledge.
    I think, my friend, you have it backwards.
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 19:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    do you not comprehend any more encompassing issues than child birth?
    So you don't deny that to this day god is punishing woman because Eve bit into the apple. Thank you very much. You have made my point. You should try an apple sometime.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 19:33
    I think, my friend, you have it backwards.
    No I don't you said; "He certainly forbid biting into the fruit of knowledge when, don't you think he should have encouraged knowledge?"

I said (with some added points in there to help you understand it better); He did (encourage knowledge), He told them to not bite into the fruit, which would've let them keep their knowledge (namely they would've kept the knowledge they already had instead of losing it), therefore He encouraged knowledge.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 20:17
    So you don't deny that to this day god is punishing woman because Eve bit into the apple. Thank you very much. You have made my point. You should try an apple sometime.
    and you should try childbirth
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 21:12
    and you should try childbirth
    My friend, I am afraid the genius of your argument is lost on me.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 21:24
    My friend, I am afraid the genius of your argument is lost on me.
    it was not genius, i am only making fun!
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 00:21
    It's quite apparent from the bible that god cares more about his apples than his children!
    Where in the world are you getting the idea that God cares more about apples than children? Oh, are you referring to the Garden of Eden story? Are you referring to the story which, if you but read it, makes no mention of an apple at all? That story? Is that the one you're talking about?

No, really??
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 02:56
    The point is are all people after Adam and Eve worthy of being punished because god cares more about his apples (ie keeping people ignorant) than his children? It makes far more sense if there is no god than the logic presented by the bible.
    Now that is a question for the ages. I recall many times saying the same thing in Sunday School--"How come we ALL get saddled with sin because Adam & Eve messed up? If I'd been there, I would never have made that blunder." The answer I always got was, Yes, I would have. Not a very fulfilling answer, I know, but hey--whatareyagonnado?
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 18:46
    God does not punish the innocent.

(James 1:13)  When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. . .
    If there is no such thing as perfect people does that mean there are no such things as innocent people?
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 18:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If there is no such thing as perfect people does that mean there are no such things as innocent people?
    As best as I can tell, if you mean ionnocent before God, no--there are none.
    But the church does recognize human "innocence", as they refer to the first martyrs (the male infants Herod had murdered trying to prevent the Messiah from coming) as The Slaughter of the Innocents.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 07:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It never says that Adam and Eve ate apples. It says they ate fruit.
    bananas!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree