1. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 11:48
    The christian god is clearly more concerned about his apples than his children!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 11:56
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The christian children are clearly more concerned about their apples than their god!
    😀
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 19:23
    Some unbelievers are clearly more concerned with nonsense.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 19:42
    I for one am more concerned with apples, children, God, and nonesense!! \

Edit: Not necessarily in that order. 😛
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 22:461 edit
    I bet you couldn't find me one verse where apples are even mentioned in the Bible.

I'll allow you to use a concordance and find me a verse in the Bible with the word apple in it if you need to.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I bet you couldn't find me one verse where apples are even mentioned in the Bible.

I'll allow you to use a concordance and find me a verse in the Bible with the word apple in it if you need to.
    Jaywill: I'll allow you to use a concordance and find me a verse in the Bible with the word apple in it if you need to.

(king James Version)(Song of Solomon)(Sg-2-3)(As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.)

(king James Version)(Song of Solomon)(Sg-2-5)(Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.)

(king James Version)(Song of Solomon)(Sg-7-8)(I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples; )

(king James Version)(Song of Solomon)(Sg-8-5)(Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.)
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 00:00
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]Jaywill: I'll allow you to use a concordance and find me a verse in the Bible with the word apple in it if you need to.

(king James Version)(Song of Solomon)(Sg-2-3)(As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.)

(king J ...[text shortened]... le[/b] tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.)[/b]
    Ahosney, you did the work for him.

I'm not surprised that you could.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 00:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Ahosney, you did the work for him.

I'm not surprised that you could.
    It's not tough. Check out this new thing called the internets. Google it.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 00:23
    Originally posted by telerion
    It's not tough. Check out this new thing called the internets. Google it.
    For some things I still like turning pages.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 00:43
    I suppose the poster is refering to the forbidden fruit in Genesis account of man's fall.

The account does show that God is concerned with what man takes into himself as food. And this is more than just a physical concern. God had only one commandment really for Adam. That was to be careful what he took into him as food.

What you take in will become a part of you Adam. What you take in will be your constitution and your make up. "You are what you eat."

In that sense God was very concerned. Man is a vessel meant to be filled with something. Man is a "container". And God from the beginning warned man concerning what man took into the container of his being.

Adam was warned not about murder or gambling or racism or stealing. Adam was not warned about cheating on his wife or being proud or being violent or sneaky.

Adam was only warned about what he took into himself. He was only warned about what he took in as food. It was cautioned by God that depending on what he took in as his food, there would be serious concequences.

Adam was created neutral and designed to take into himself God as represented in "the tree of life".

Adam failed to take God into his being and through the tree of the knowledge of good and evil took Satan, God's enemy, into his being.

Man became Satanified.
  11. Maryland
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 18:11
    So you are saying god wanted man to remain stupid?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 18:221 edit
    No I am saying that God desired man to take into his being the divine and eternal life of God.

Review the results that came upon man as a result of choosing rather the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and tell me which choice seems to have been the "stupid" choice.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil sounds tempting. Perhaps it was named by Satan himself. Man was created neutral between two sources of existence. He chose wrongly.

The tree of life is simple. It stands for the eternal and divine life of God. The other tree, the tree of the knowlege of good and evil sounds promising. Taking it in brought man into bondage to Satan and death. Actually it was simply a tree of death. It was a tree of death with a deceptively attractive sounding name.

Adam began to die spiritually and physically. Now where do you think the "stupidity" lay, in obeying God or in rebelling against His instructions?
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 18:25
    Joe,

I think not reading the Bible carefully and going on the imagination of pictures is stupid.

I think inserting an "apple" into Genesis where the kind of fruit is not specified is kind of stupid.
  14. Maryland
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 19:16
    Apple, fruit, whatever.God gives his children a curious mind and then punishes them for using it. Rather sadistic if you ask me.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 19:252 edits
    Apple, fruit, whatever.God gives his children a curious mind and then punishes them for using it. Rather sadistic if you ask me.
    Joe,

There was no law against Adam being curious. Does it say "Adam you shall not be curious?"

There was a line which was not to be crossed. And that was disobeying God to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. There is nothing saying that Adam was not to be curious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree