26 Dec '21 10:40
    Desmond Tutu RIP.

He was an admirable follower of Christ.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 12:551 edit
    IT’S ALIVE… IT’S ALIVE!!

(Leans back against the operating table and looks to the sky with crazed gaze)
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 06:48
    @fmf said
    Desmond Tutu RIP.

He was an admirable follower of Christ.
    I want to take this opportunity to point out that he was also an Archbishop of the Anglican Church.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 06:58
    @suzianne said
    I want to take this opportunity to point out that he was also an Archbishop of the Anglican Church.
    He was also born in Klerksdorp and went to university in London. So I am not sure his Anglican label is as relevant as the fact he spent his life as a follower of Christ.

If he had been a Catholic or a Methodist, or a member of the Plymouth Brethren, or any number of the tens of thousands of denominations, it would not have been particularly relevant to the fact he spent his life as a follower of Christ, and admirably so to my way of thinking.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 07:09
    @fmf said
    He was also born in Klerksdorp and went to university in London. So I am not sure his Anglican label is as relevant as the fact he spent his life as a follower of Christ.

If he had been a Catholic or a Methodist, or a member of the Plymouth Brethren, or any number of the tens of thousands of denominations, it would not have been particularly relevant to the fact he spent his life as a follower of Christ, and admirably so to my way of thinking.
    I said "also". I did not say "but" or "however".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 07:24
    @suzianne said
    I said "also". I did not say "but" or "however".
    The title of the thread pointed out that he was an archbishop.
  7. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 13:29
    @FMF
    I’m glad your actually ok, I was worried for you. I actually find you very interesting and creative. My intention are non argumentative with no trick filled words not peace. I hope we can be friends someday, as things got off Terribly the last two times.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 13:46
    @mike69 said
    @FMF
    I’m glad your actually ok, I was worried for you. I actually find you very interesting and creative.
    I cannot in all honesty say the same about you.

And for you to post this unwecome drivel on this thread - which is about Desmond Tutu, whom I thought was an admirable follower of Jesus - without even bothering to mention Tutu yourself, just makes you seem silly.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 13:52
    @fmf said

Welcome back to the forums FMF. Your input here was definitely missed. Desmond Tutu is/was a hero here in the Caribbean despite the physical distance. His life and work with people was an inspiration to many. The world sorely needs more Christians of that calibre.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 13:56
    @rajk999 said
    Welcome back to the forums FMF. Your input here was definitely missed. Desmond Tutu is/was a hero here in the Caribbean despite the physical distance. His life and work with people was an inspiration to many. The world sorely needs more Christians of that calibre.
    Thanks Rajk999 for your kind words. Yes, his way of walking his faith certainly seemed to involve action and policies rooted in the golden rules attributed to Jesus.
  11. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 14:00
    @fmf said
    I cannot in all honesty say the same about you.

And for you to post this unwecome drivel on this thread - which is about Desmond Tutu, whom I thought was an admirable follower of Jesus - without even bothering to mention Tutu yourself, just makes you seem silly.
    I’m sorry you feel that way. Anger and it’s friends are heavy to carry. Would he feel honored with you at his feet teaching and using your own words of anger and hate to another as you bless him to the heavens from this earth?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 14:03
    @mike69 said
    I’m sorry you feel that way. Anger and it’s friends are heavy to carry. Would he feel honored with you at his feet teaching and using your own words of anger and hate to another as you bless him to the heavens from this earth?
    Yawn. No one is angry unless you are. Whose feet? Desmond Tutu's?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 14:04
    @mike69 said
    Would he feel honored with you at his feet teaching and using your own words of anger and hate to another as you bless him to the heavens from this earth?
    Blessing whom "to the heavens"? Desmond Tutu? Who's trying to "bless" him?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '21 03:432 edits
    @fmf said
    The title of the thread pointed out that he was an archbishop.
    "Of the Anglican Church".

You didn't used to be this slow.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '21 03:47
    @mike69 said
    Third time's charmed, eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree