1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 02:41
    God knows I have tried.

It's too bad you people are damning yourselves for no good reason.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 02:45
    Father Darfius, please teach us. You are so wise for a teenager.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 02:46
    Originally posted by Darfius
    God knows I have tried.

I'm curious on your take as to why so many "end times" Christain writers keep updating and changing their accounts of the way the end times will happen. Aren't they just trying to make more money by selling more books based on fear?
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 02:46
    God knows I have tried.

Well, you can lead a horse to ambrosia but you can't make him drink. Perhaps you should try visual aids?😕
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 02:47
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm curious on your take as to why so many "end times" Christain writers keep updating and changing their accounts of the way the end times will happen. Aren't they just trying to make more money by selling more books based on fear?
    Absolutely.

Nemesio
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 23:30
    God knows I have tried.

Are you the sort of person who starts a rant with the phrase:

"I don't want to appear arrogant but....."

because even if one hundreth of what you say is meaningful you still come across as a pompous five star a***hole.
  7. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 00:01

A woman, who is an impostor, would call herself "queen" and head the global counterfeit church in the last days.
    Oh my Lord, it's not Camilla is it? 😲
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 00:28
    If Bush gets elected to a third term, there are significant possibilities that the earth will no longer support human life by the end of the twenty-first century.

Aside from that, we have no more reason to believe that we are living in the end times that the author of the Revelation of John did in his day.

Remember William Miller!!
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 01:07
    The End Times; I love it. It's like the action/thriller portion of the Bible. Once my Mom rented this movie from the Christian book store made in the 60's or 70's called "A Thief In The Night" which was absolutely brilliant/horrible. After the Rapture, every citizen had to get a stamp on their hand or forehead to show their loyalty to the "World Church". The funny part was the mark was just a binary readout of 666. Pretty creative, eh? I wonder if I can find a copy on eBay to laugh at...
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 01:10
    Oh Boy, I'm in luck! I never realized it was a four-part series!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6383182885&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

LOL. The sub-genre is called "Christian Prophecy".
  11. Joined
    22 Jul '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 03:45
    I have been reading the left behind books, I read it with my bible in my hand to look up scriptures.
  12. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 04:48
    [b]68.
    Blasphemy would be common. Consider how often people use their Creator's name (God or Jesus Christ) as a curse word. What they have done is liken the One who is the source of every blessing (eyesight, sunsets, food, family, friends, etc.) to a four-letter curse word.

Fifty years ago, Hollywood seldom used God's name in vain.
    Today, nearly every ...[text shortened]... rible 7 years in human history begin.

Grace be upon you all from the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.[
    Well writen, well thought of truth. But as you know there are those that can see, but are blind. There are those that can hear, but are death. I thank GOD, that HE, inspired you. Yes these are the Last Days, CHRIST is soon to come. You have tried, but do not stop. Only the Believers in JESUS CHRIST will hear and believe what has been written. Maintain the faith and trust that GOD has given you through JESUS CHRIST THE RISEN LORD.
  13. NY
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 04:51
    JESUS H M.F. CHRIST ON A STICK.... DARF.. you have no life do you.. damn....
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 04:58
    Are we living in the End Times?

Probably not.
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 08:36
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Matthew 24:34: "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things shall be fulfilled."

Since the Second Coming has not happened, does Darfius believe there are some people who are 2,000 years old who have not yet died? [Expected answer: "You cannot take that literally, see, you have to put it into context and..."]
    If you had read the post, you would see I addressed that. The generation refers to the one that sees all of the signs, clearly.

But if it would make you happy, the Apostle John did SEE the end of the world. In Revelation. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree