1. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 11:09
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    But as you know there are those that can see, but are blind. There are those that can hear, but are death. I thank GOD, that HE, inspired you. .[/b]

If your scribbles are god inspired rantings, then your god can't spell.
  2. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 13:541 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    If you had read the post, you would see I addressed that. The generation refers to the one that sees all of the signs, clearly.

But if it would make you happy, the Apostle John did SEE the end of the world. In Revelation.
    So the generation that sees all of the prophecies won't end until it has seen all of the prophecies?

Woa - deep.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Apr '05 14:413 edits
    Child, "Why do you always seem to know so much?"

Old man, "There are many things I don't know, but a lifetime of study has taught me a few things."

Child, "I've watched you argue. It seems very important to you that you're always correct. It makes you seem arrogant."

Old man, "Why would I wish to be wrong?"

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Gospel of Mark
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 05:58
    Whew, you had me really worried for a second there!
    Luke mentions Noah and since it has been known since the 1890's that the story (mythological fairy tale) of Noah was taken from a Babylonian myth we know that statement absolutely cannot be the word of God. Thus questioning the validity of everything else you quoted.
    The end is not coming any time soon but could you apocalyptic catterwallers please go sit on a mountaintop and wait (quietly) for the world to end.
    Or maybe you could just give me all your money and property since you won't be needing them in Heaven.

In Love there is Life
    Angela
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 06:37
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Whew, you had me really worried for a second there!
    Luke mentions Noah and since it has been known since the 1890's that the story (mythological fairy tale) of Noah was taken from a Babylonian myth we know that statement absolutely cannot be the word of God. Thus questioning the validity of everything else you quoted.
    The end is not coming any time soon ...[text shortened]... money and property since you won't be needing them in Heaven.

In Love there is Life
    Angela
    You're pretty aggressive for a woman. Another sign of the times.

By the way, did you ever think the Babylonians may have written what actually happened?

Compare Gilgamesh to Nimrod in the Bible. What you find may open your eyes. Here's a hint: Uruk and Erech

Then do some research on whether there was ever a great flood in the Mesopotamian plains, where the Bible says it took place.
  6. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 06:48
    You're pretty aggressive for a woman. Another sign of the times.

So Born Agains are sexist too!

How do you like your women Darfius — pliant, agreeable, wimpy and available?

I'm disgusted.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 07:07
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

So Born Agains are sexist too!

How do you like your women Darfius — pliant, agreeable, wimpy and available?

I'm disgusted.
    Don't put words into my mouth, please. I love her regardless, but I always thought of women as more graceful and loving than men.

I'm no better than anyone else. Not you. Not her.
  8. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 07:14
    Don't put words into my mouth, please. I love her regardless, but I always thought of women as more graceful and loving than men.

I'm no better than anyone else. Not you. Not her.

As I said. You remarks are sexist, shallow and gross generalisations. Now you claim that women are more loving than men (I can accept your claim that women are more graceful though 😛 ) but not your claim that they are more loving.

9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 07:19
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

As I said. You remarks are sexist, shallow and gross generalisations. Now you claim that women are more loving than men (I can accept your claim that women are more graceful though 😛 ) but not your claim that they are more loving.

Not in their capacity to have it, but definitely in their ability to show it.
  10. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 10:55
    Not in their capacity to have it, but definitely in their ability to show it.

Well I'm pleased you have cleared that up then. But I still disagree with you. Men and women have the same capacity to love. Maybe men show it in different ways. By going to work for their family grinding hour upon tedious hour...by going to war...
  11. England
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 11:24
    do not worry about the end. love god thro jesus then when the end comes the angels will gather all whom he forgives.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree