1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 01:22
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...dead philo ?...so dead is a reason to dismiss...then all is dismissable in 80 odd years...so sad that that which is immortal is held in the hand of the frail...a weak glass for a vital tonic...such is the
    human body and mind...ok..i give up to the crush of the masses...squeeze me out between your beer and your soccer...i abandon the field to you all and ...[text shortened]... rport to fly to a loftier hieght...perhaps to spin out into the south atlantic...such is life...
    You read a lot into a sentence or two don't you - yet miss vital clues as to the nature of what's written. I don't place my own view of the world and the way it works into the hand of any one authority.
    I like your attempts at congeniality but yet again you've stuffed up - the beer reference is quaint, but soccer? Hardly. Cricket and Australian Rules football are the sporting codes of choice down here in the nether regions of the planet.
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 01:33
    ..so plato is a croc ?....i guess you did not appreciate that classical education you got in machine shop...
    Plato thought that there were three parts of the soul, and he certainly didn't characterize any of them as evil. Rather, he thought that evil arose from imbalance between reason, the spirit, and the appetite. Have you never read The Republic?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 01:41
    no...i am a dope...i work in a machine shop...look at my rating...does not my rating tell you everything...i am actually recalling a neo-platonist author whose name i cannot remember ( now where did i put that ball peen hammer ? )...
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 02:23
    no...i am a dope...i work in a machine shop...look at my rating...does not my rating tell you everything...i am actually recalling a neo-platonist author whose name i cannot remember ( now where did i put that ball peen hammer ? )...
    Actually, you are just an idiot.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 02:49
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    adam and eve were the first people here, they had even spent time with god, spoken to him, felt his love... the snake is in the garden for no more than five minutes and they're both eating apples!

my point is, taking the above into account, and the fact we strive constantly day in day out to do good in the eyes of god, are we naturally evil..?
    One of the ways satan tempted her was by saying that she would be like God, knowing good and evil and saying that she wouldn't die.

Gen. 3:4-5
    4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.
    5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree