Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
14 May 06

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though we have all been participating in a circle jerk for the last five months. From reading the posts prior to my entrance, the masturbation has been continuing unabated since the Spirituality forum began.

Is there a point to our rustling frustrations?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 May 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though we have all been participating in a circle jerk for the last five months. From reading the posts prior to my entrance, the masturbation has been continuing unabated since the Spirituality forum began.

I don't know about you, but none of my frustrations rustle.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
14 May 06

Of course not, but it's good for a laugh every now and then, don't you think?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 May 06

Does it matter if we answer? If according to your theory, the same threads perpetually occur in a circle jerk, wont the same question be asked again? And again? Which leads me to the question you posting? Which in turn begs the question, why am I posting? Which in catalyses nihilism. Thankyou Freaky, you have just destroyed my weekend.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
14 May 06

Is there a point to this? For the greater part, no. People come here to express that their perception and opinion is correct and/or that everyone else is wrong. That is all. One great conglomerate of asinine pretenses, begging to be acknowledged as something more than what they are. Proselytizing at its best and its worst all in one cutesy bundle; like a shark, waiting for an unsuspecting victim who might stuble upon it and be ensnared in the noble but futile endeavor of constructive communication and self betterment through appeal to rationality or mutualy positive principles. Pointless jibber jabber, with a smug air of purported knowledge. Indeed, we bake a fine cake of absurdity in this kitchen.

But I digress, lets go back to circle jerking. 🙂

Vn

Moves
14 May 06

well this forum seems to be more about philosophy than religion and the nature of philosphy is tautological which as you observed is manifesting itself within this forum.

d

Moves
14 May 06

Usually, no point, but I've learned a few things and changed my mind on a couple more. Unfortunately it is a fact that most people come here to talk, not to listen, and see argument as combat, not collaberation.

Vn

Moves
14 May 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Usually, no point, but I've learned a few things and changed my mind on a couple more. Unfortunately it is a fact that most people come here to talk, not to listen, and see argument as combat, not collaberation.
well said

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
16 May 06

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
well said
I dont agree...

it is an opportunity people use to really bring out the skeleton in the closet - "the real me".

and 99% of all the times they dont come here to talk or to listen, they come in here to criticize and to verbally abuse other people in here.

...and you guys and girls know who you are 😉

d

Moves
16 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Nicksten
and 99% of all the times they dont come here to talk or to listen, they come in here to criticize and to verbally abuse other people in here.
Which is what I said.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
16 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dottewell
Which is what I said.
I know , but not the skeleton part 😉

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
16 May 06

Which is why I don't think it is my ADD that makes me bored of these forums every time I start to post in them.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 May 06

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
Which is why I don't think it is my ADD that makes me bored of these forums every time I start to post in them.
Just a bunch of sparks giving off no heat, no chance of starting a fire. I agree, and without suffering from ADD. It's too bad we can't have meaningful dialogue without constantly tripping over the threshold.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
16 May 06

Just a bunch of sparks giving off no heat, no chance of starting a fire. I agree, and without suffering from ADD. It's too bad we can't have meaningful dialogue without constantly tripping over the threshold.
That's the whole reason why I started my chess clan, Labrador's Doroknob. I wanted to get some people together to actually have meaningful dialogue, as you put it, away from the pointless sparks. That and I wanted to run a clan. I got half of what I wanted, anyway--I've come to the conculsion that very few people actually want to converse.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 May 06

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
That's the whole reason why I started my chess clan, Labrador's Doroknob. I wanted to get some people together to actually have meaningful dialogue, as you put it, away from the pointless sparks. That and I wanted to run a clan. I got half of what I wanted, anyway--I've come to the conculsion that very few people actually want to converse.
Off topic (sorry, no1), but it's ironic you would point this out. When the Internet first started gaining popularity back in the mid-90's with AOL and all the chat rooms and whatnot, it struck me as being little more than one big party line. Those of you old enough to remember them will recall that most cities had a phone number that any number of lines could access at the same time. Everyone heard a busy signal, but the line allowed conversation between the various lines which were accessing it, as well.

You could listen to literally hundreds of people at the same time. If me and a buddy called into it and could make out each other's voices from among the crowd, we could engage in a conversation, albeit amidst the cacophony of the hundreds of other babbling voices. It seemed cool at first (overriding the talk-block of a busy signal; having access to hundreds of other "conversations," etc.), but the coolness quickly faded when we realized that everyone else was doing what we were doing: yelling out over a sea of voices, searching for a familiar voice and then engaging in small talk and otherwise meaningless conversation.

The instant access of the Internet has offered so much while adding so little, it appears.