Article refuting creationism

Article refuting creationism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by Halitose
I'll try and read through it. Comments pending.
Interesting little article. It states its case quite well. It even admits some of the weaknesses in the theory. Reasonably balanced; Argument and counter-argument.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Interesting little article. It states its case quite well. It even admits some of the weaknesses in the theory. Reasonably balanced; Argument and counter-argument.
Haven't read the article yet , but must comment about your approach (especially in light of the "Persecution of Catholics" thread). You have your beliefs , yet seem willing to entertain and argue civilly the points of the article pro and con from reason . You are not rope-a-doping the questions it raises by impuning the author's morality , credibility , or accusing the poster of the article of dark motives . I think all of the BAC's could learn a lesson by watching you . We need more of this here .

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Oct 05

Originally posted by Paul Dirac
The article makes reference to Philip Johnson and his book 'Darwin on Trial.' Being addicted to televangelists' broadcasts like I am, I heard Johnson being interviewed on Christian radio a few weeks ago. I think this is close to an exact quote of what he said: "The theory of evolution doesn't just contradict the opening chapters of Genesis, it contra ...[text shortened]... o see against a dark tree trunk, and how a light moth is hard to see against a ligth tree trunk.
Perhaps then, there is a case to be made here:
The bible is 100 percent wrong. Evolution is right.
Evolution 1, bible 0
What gets me is why creationists insist on nitpicking what they
in their thinly disguised minds think of as the small existing holes
in evolution fact and try to drive a religious wedge into non-exitstent
cracks in it. Why do they persist in believing a god being so weak
that after creating the whole frapping universe, needs to constantly
tweek the direction life takes? If a god can create a universe,
end of story. God makes the universe finely tuned to allow and
in fact DEMAND life and through mere evolution. I think what they
don't like is the implication that it was basically luck that humans
evolved to take over the planet from the dino's when they
kicked the bucket 65 million years ago. Since God is on our side,
we must therefore be the ultimate in creation. What arrogance.