2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '17 14:07
    Originally posted by @apathist
    [youtube]44xgHjewVK8[/youtube]

Secular morality is an act.
    Secular morality is all the human race gets, unless maybe it can communicate with the OTHER intelligent species on the planet, Dolphins, Bonobos, Octipuss, that kind of creature who happens to be unable to communicate to us as yet. We are getting a basic start on dolphins but octopuss, don't even know if they have ears.

Getting morality from a fake god would be just that: Fake, stuff made up by priests who think thoughts like 'what would a god say in situation X:

You have stories in the bible where the christian/Jewish/Islam god say gets help from god attacking a pharoah of ancient Egypt but in our times, literally 100 million die at the hands of despots and not a peep from that god. I bit of a dichotomy there that theist apologists will go to any lenghts to put a slant on that one.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 20:40
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Secular morality is all the human race gets, unless maybe it can communicate with the OTHER intelligent species on the planet, ...
    We can figure out right from wrong without faith belief - but you feel the pull towards group think. I like your approach - we are not alone, not even here on this planet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree