Originally posted by vistesd
    ROFL!!
    heeehee 😀
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 11:48
    Religion and humor are seldom on speaking terms with one another. Your toast example is notable, not because its all that funny in itself, but because the very idea of religious people cracking jokes is such a strange concept.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 12:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Religion and humor are seldom on speaking terms with one another. Your toast example is notable, not because its all that funny in itself, but because the very idea of religious people cracking jokes is such a strange concept.
    lol, you should ask the illustrious Mr. Andrew Hamilton, an atheist who never celebrates anything. perhaps those bad ol putty cat atheists need to chill and take themselves a little less seriously, although i was reading yesterday that perhaps you have been misrepresented, although i really do find it hard to sympathize, i don't know why?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 15:25
    the very idea of religious people cracking jokes is such a strange concept.
    😕
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 16:10
    Originally posted by Palynka
    😕
    Come on, everybody knows that religious people are dour and humorless. It's a commodity they can ill afford as they wither under the gaze of a wrathful god. It's Satan who gets all the best lines.
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 16:24
    Come on, everybody knows that religious people are dour and humorless. It's a commodity they can ill afford as they wither under the gaze of a wrathful god. It's Satan who gets all the best lines.
    If you mean that there's a whole host of racist , sexist , sick jokes that play on stereotypes and we don't find them funny then you might ask yourself why you DO find them funny. If you do that is.

Christians have a great sense of humour it's just that many Atheists don't get it because it doesn't involve swearing or going tee hee hee at something to do with sex.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 17:20
    the most reverend I M Jolly, the epitome of Calvinism, hopefully you can understand the Scottish accent.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAikjaiiHY
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 21:52
    Why should there be any fundamental or significant difference in the sense of humour between that of atheists and that of theists?
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 22:18
    I do it all the time and even get in trouble for it. Moderated just yesterday.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 22:21
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    If you mean that there's a whole host of racist , sexist , sick jokes that play on stereotypes and we don't find them funny then you might ask yourself why you DO find them funny. If you do that is.

Christians have a great sense of humour it's just that many Atheists don't get it because it doesn't involve swearing or going tee hee hee at something to do with sex.
    Why do you think people joke so much about sex?
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 22:26
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    That's the surest way to ruin the joke. 😞
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 22:343 edits
    The problem with scientists is that every one of them are such generalists, and none of them are able to even string a sentence together....😉

Edit: I saw an electron dating a crumb in a piece of toast recently, proving beyond doubt that electrons have an emotional soft centre.

Good grief what's on telly...................
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 00:001 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Why should there be any fundamental or significant difference in the sense of humour between that of atheists and that of theists?
    i think that as as joy is the second fruitage of Gods holy spirit, Galatians 5:22,23, then one should expect Christians to exhibit joy, not all the time naturally, but even in the face of adversity, still be joyful.

however what has the poor atheist with which to comfort himself, but his natural inclinations, pretense of logic and a subconscious molded by architypical models like Mao, Marx and Dr. Spok, thus his emotions are there to be subdued and controlled, irrational feelings like laughter are subjected and rejected on the basis of being a mild form of hysteria and what happens? he is left bereft!

i am quite sure that studies indicate that religious people lead more purposeful and thus happier lives, not to mention live longer, what say you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree