1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:54
    Originally posted by sonship
    So atheists in space/on other planets/habitats will be fine.

I don't know about that. But atheists in the lake of fire will be fine, except they will not be Atheists any longer.

However, they will be just as rebellious, so in that sense i suppose some will be "fine." They want to be left alone by God. So they get what they want of cou ...[text shortened]... that is taught by Christ in [b]Matthew 25:32-46
    about dividing the "sheep" and the "goats".[/b]
    Do you have any scriptural reason for supposing that anyone not on Earth will even notice Armageddon?

Show me a bible verse that tells us that colonies on Mars will also get destroyed?

Or people living in other solarsystems... ect..
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:08
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    One for the Christian posters.

Does an atheist have a 'scriptural chance' of surviving Armageddon and the End Times?
    To Proper Knob:
    man does not judge but, according to the Bible,
    (Psalm 14:1-3) The foolish one says in his heart: “There is no Jehovah.” Their actions are corrupt, and their dealings are detestable; No one is doing good.  2 But Jehovah looks down from heaven on the sons of men To see whether anyone has insight, whether anyone is seeking Jehovah.  3 They have all turned aside; They are all alike corrupt. No one is doing good, Not even one. and
    (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,
    God is the creator and sustainer of life. To keep living depends on Him.
    If any are truly atheists, it would be good for them to look at the evidences again, for their own benefit.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:094 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Do you have any scriptural reason for supposing that anyone not on Earth will even notice Armageddon?

I have nothing on people being not on earth or on other planets.

Counting on God kind of "overlooking" something because, well, maybe He's not too smart, is unwise.

I mean holding out a hope "Maybe God didn't know about space travel and perhaps didn't forsee that some of us may be on Mars or Europa or some other planet."

I think these are vain imaginations. In fact as time goes on the passage which says God keeps watch over all knowledge becomes more and more evidently true to me. He is WAY, WAY, WAY ahead of all our technology.

I'll go further than that. I believe that He is so ahead that He even helped mankind to make discoveries to sustain civilization and aid it as His plans unfold through the centuries.

It is the unmitigated arrogance of some science minded people that assume the Author of the Bible is, well, you know, not too up-to-date on the nature of the universe, that He Himself created for His purpose.

Show me a bible verse that tells us that colonies on Mars will also get destroyed?

First let me say that I like space exploration as much as the next guy. I like all the good stuff about seeing what's on other planets, what's out there.

But we are CURIOUS mostly because we do not know what PLACE man has in the universe. The Bible helps us with that. To understand WHO and WHAT we are we have to look at what God wants - Jesus Christ His Son. Or He wants Jesus Christ multiplied in a way of mass production of the standard model.

That is the main thing the Creator wants.
    The passage of time doesn't effect this.
    If another 1,000 years of technology and science should commence, it will not alter that eternal purpose of God.

I say all this to indicate, whether travel to Mars or other great science achievements, it will not change or circumvent the will of God from being accomplished to have sons of God.

If life is EVER ... EVER found on some other planet and I am around, I will only say "Well, THAT'S rather suprising."

Jesus Christ, however, is still Lord. And how that will all play into God's economy I don't know. What I DO know is that Paul said neither things present NOR things to COME will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels not principalities not things present NOR THINGS TO COME nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38,39)
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:151 edit

You might consider:
    (Amos 9:1, 2) I saw Jehovah stationed above the altar, and he said: “Strike the head of the pillar, and the thresholds will shake. Cut them off at the head, and I will kill the last of them with the sword. No one who flees will get away, and no one trying to escape will succeed.  2 If they dig down into the Grave, From there my hand will take them; And if they go up to the heavens, From there I will bring them down.
    A sobering thought from the Universal Sovereign.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:22

I have nothing on people being not on earth or on other planets.

Counting on God kind of "overlooking" something because, well, maybe He's not to smart, is unwise.

I mean holding out a hope "Maybe God didn't know about space ...[text shortened]... le to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38,39)
    [/b]
    Hmmm. I think you forget who you are talking to, which is what comes of disappearing for a
    couple of months.

Counting on God kind of "overlooking" something because, well, maybe He's not to smart, is unwise.

I mean holding out a hope "Maybe God didn't know about space travel and perhaps didn't forsee that some of us may be on Mars or Europa or some other planet."

I think these are vain imaginations.

You appear to have forgotten that I not only lack belief that your god [or any other gods]
    exist, I also believe that your god does not exist. [along with any associated paraphernalia
    like souls and afterlives ect]

Given that, the quote above, and most of your post doesn't make sense.

I am not counting on god to do anything, I know your god doesn't exist.

I am asking and enquiring about your beliefs because I am interested in what they are.

I genuinely don't know if the bible makes reference to people being destroyed on other continents,
    let alone other planets.

I suspect not, as the primitive peoples who wrote the bible had not yet discovered or conceived of the
    vastness of space, or the possibilities of life beyond the Earth.

Anyhow.

Now you have been reminded of who it is you are talking to...

Would you like to rethink your response to my questions, this time without assuming things about me
    you know not to be true?

6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:24
    Originally posted by roigam
    You might consider:
    (Amos 9:1, 2) I saw Jehovah stationed above the altar, and he said: “Strike the head of the pillar, and the thresholds will shake. Cut them off at the head, and I will kill the last of them with the sword. No one who flees will get away, and no one trying to escape will succeed.  2 If they dig down into the Grave, From there my hand will ...[text shortened]... he heavens, From there I will bring them down.
    A sobering thought from the Universal Sovereign.
    Ok, that seems to cover it.

Thankyou for your concise and on point post.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:321 edit
    Ok, that seems to cover it.

Thankyou for your concise and on point post.
    Just as a side point, I think the fact that God knew thousands of years ago that there would be a possibility of "going up to the heavens" in the future shows not only that He exists, but that He knows what His creation is doing and will do.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:352 edits
    You appear to have forgotten that I not only lack belief that your god [or any other gods]

Nope, no lapse of memory who googlefudge is.
    In fact your lack of belief is rather central to my reply.

Now if you don't mind, I got the drift of your questions and I don't think there is any need for me to read more from you here.

Maybe in another couple of months we'll chat briefly again.
    Go to mars.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:41
    Originally posted by roigam
    Just as a side point, I think the fact that God knew thousands of years ago that there would be a possibility of "going up to the heavens" in the future shows not only that He exists, but that He knows what His creation is doing and will do.
    heh. Sorry no dice.

I don't think it shows anything of the kind.

Apart from any possible issues of translation and meaning in historical context...

You have the problem that the author could [is probably] just being poetic in saying
    that there is no running away. That doesn't in any way indicate that the author ever considered
    going into space, and colonising other planets to be something people would ever do.
    Particularly given that at the time people had no idea that other planets existed.

And what is worse [for your argument] is that even if the author was far sighted
    or imaginative enough to envision the possibility of other worlds and of humans living
    on them, that doesn't in any way prove that the author was a divine being with
    knowledge of the future.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:50

Now if you don't mind, I got the drift of your questions and I don't think there is any need for me to read more from you here.

Maybe in another couple of months we'll chat briefly again.
    Go to mars.

If you remember who I am, and what I believe....

Then why did you write a response that assumes things about me that you know not to be true?

Counting on God kind of "overlooking" something because, well, maybe He's not too smart,
    is unwise.

I mean holding out a hope "Maybe God didn't know about space travel and perhaps didn't forsee that
    some of us may be on Mars or Europa or some other planet."

I think these are vain imaginations.

I am not going to "count on god" to do anything if I don't believe god exists.

I am not going to be "holding out hope [that] 'maybe god didn't know'" anything if I don't believe god
    exists.

You say that "I think these are vain imaginations" ... but they are not mine... They are yours.

If you really know and understand that I am an atheist... then why did you attribute to me
    "vain imaginings" you know I don't have?

Genuine question, I don't get why you would do this.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 19:523 edits

This is what you asked me.

What difference to me does it make that you say " I ask a question, but believe none of these things" ?

Christ sent us to speak to those who believe none of these things.
    He didn't say "Go preach and teach only the people who believe."

Did I miss something?
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 21:35

This is what [b]you
    asked me.

What difference to me does it make that you say " I ask a question, but believe none of these things" ?

Christ sent us to speak to those who believe none of these things.
    He didn't say "Go preach and teach only the people who believe."

Did I miss something?[/b]
    When your answer includes you attributing motives and meanings to me that you know I do not hold then it makes a difference.

So I ask again "why did you write a response that assumes things about me that you know not to be true?"
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't think I or anyone else on Earth has to worry much about the end of the world which really will be when the sun starts running out of H2 fuel which is why we can be alive on Earth at all. When it runs low on H2 it starts to bloat and eventually, maybe 3 ish billion years from now, it will bloat out to the size of the radius of Earth's orbit around th ...[text shortened]... un.

So THAT is the REAL end of Earth, not some stupid fairy tale from thousands of years ago.
    Yep, some ancient stupid fairy tale about Israel being given its nation back as all the nations come together and try to snuff it out in the end.

Crazy stuff.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 01:47

If you remember who I am, and what I believe....

Then why did you write a response that assumes things about me that you know not to be true?

[quote]Counting on God kind of "overlooking" something because, well, maybe He's n ...[text shortened]... ain imaginings" you know I don't have?

Genuine question, I don't get why you would do this.
    Maybe I got some other atheist poster's vain imaginations mixed up with your atheist vain imaginations.

I think a couple of fellows contributed some way out stuff in this thread.
    I'll try to keep your vain imaginations separate from the others of other atheists.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 08:04
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    One for the Christian posters.

Does an atheist have a 'scriptural chance' of surviving Armageddon and the End Times?
    Rev. 13:8 maybe?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree