1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 16:26
    One for the Christian posters.

Does an atheist have a 'scriptural chance' of surviving Armageddon and the End Times?
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 17:00
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

Does an atheist have a 'scriptural chance' of surviving Armageddon and the End Times?
    I can't suggest a scripture based way of surviving Armageddon, but if you are an Atheist and Humanitarian I think you have a better chance than the god squad! My argument is this: None of the religions can agree on methodology, leading to so much conflict! This must seriously piss your gods off. The Humanitarian approach to life achieves all the good things about religion without all the harmful baggage[ check out the BHA for example]. Come the end of days, I wonder which approach your gods would find more acceptable?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 18:00

"Atheists" are not mentioned in the Bible. I suppose you could be classified as one of the "Godless", which is pretty bad. I believe Armageddon is a localised battle somewhere in the valley of Medgido; although there is high likelyhood that I'm just remembering that from the Omen movie. Your real name isn't Bugenhagen is it?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 18:13

I think so. Depends on whether or not one had received the mark of the beast or not. Get the mark and there's no hope as far as I can tell. There will be millions who enter the millennium that had not received the mark nor had been saved as we are today. Today God is raining grace down on the world, and anyone can be saved regardless of their depravity, but when this dispensation of grace ends, and the prophetic resumes, one will have to endure to the end, i.e. the beginning of the millennium.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 18:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    Depends on whether or not one had received the mark of the beast or not. Get the mark and there's no hope as far as I can tell...
    Does anyone know what this mark actually is?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 18:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Atheists" are not mentioned in the Bible. I suppose you could be classified as one of the "Godless", which is pretty bad. I believe Armageddon is a localised battle somewhere in the valley of Medgido; although there is high likelyhood that I'm just remembering that from the Omen movie. Your real name isn't Bugenhagen is it?
    Bugenhagen? How did you know?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 18:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think so. Depends on whether or not one had received the mark of the beast or not. Get the mark and there's no hope as far as I can tell. There will be millions who enter the millennium that had not received the mark nor had been saved as we are today. Today God is raining grace down on the world, and anyone can be saved regardless of their depravity, but ...[text shortened]... the prophetic resumes, one will have to endure to the end, i.e. the beginning of the millennium.
    What if we take the cleric/fighter class? ... we could surely cure ourselves of the Mark of Beast curse yes? Also these guys can wield some pretty powerful magic weapons (though their offensive spells are a bit crappy).

I reckon with a bit of planning (see, for example http://dmdavid.com/tag/fifth-edition-dd-strategy-for-fourth-edition-players-kill-the-wizard/) we could survive it no probs. 🙂
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 05:25

Does it matter if you lose out after this life is over?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 06:23

As long as you are not in the battle against Israel you might survive.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 10:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As long as you are not in the battle against Israel you might survive.
    The truly sad part is all you people believing this BS.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:222 edits

After the battle of Armageddon and during the millennial reign of Jesus Christ from His throne in Jerusalem, the knowledge of the glory of God will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Habakkuk 2:14

New International Version
    For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

New Living Translation
    For as the waters fill the sea, the earth will be filled with an awareness of the glory of the LORD.

English Standard Version
    For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

New American Standard Bible
    "For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:37

Escape the end of the world will ya?

Good luck with that. 😵
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:40
    Originally posted by sonship

After the battle of Armageddon and during the millennial reign of Jesus Christ from His throne in Jerusalem, the knowledge of the glory of God will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.

[b]Habakkuk 2:14

New Internationa ...[text shortened]... l be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea.
    So atheists in space/on other planets/habitats will be fine.

The Armageddon only happening on Earth and all...
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:503 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge

I don't know about that. But atheists in the lake of fire will be fine, except they will not be Atheists any longer.

However, they will be just as rebellious, so in that sense i suppose some will be "fine". They want to be left alone by God. So they get what they want of course.

However, God who knows man and life and all things has forewarned us in no uncertain terms, essentially saying - "You're not going to like that place."

Armageddon, if I recall rightly, means something like "to lure into in order to press". The word picture is to lure into one place so that all may be pressed at one time.

A place, a very large place in the Middle East will furnish a geographic area where God will lure all the evil armies into one place, and at one time totally crush them all in Christ's second coming.

Following this is the judgment of the people on earth left alive. And that is taught by Christ in Matthew 25:32-46 about dividing the "sheep" and the "goats".
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Escape the end of the world will ya?

Good luck with that. 😵
    I don't think I or anyone else on Earth has to worry much about the end of the world which really will be when the sun starts running out of H2 fuel which is why we can be alive on Earth at all. When it runs low on H2 it starts to bloat and eventually, maybe 3 ish billion years from now, it will bloat out to the size of the radius of Earth's orbit around the sun and well before that time the Earth will have boiled off the oceans and atmosphere and all life will be gone, burned to toast by the sun.

So THAT is the REAL end of Earth, not some stupid fairy tale from thousands of years ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree