1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 10:50
    The follow quotes are taken from another thread and exemplify the mindset of your typical atheist.

"If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on individual ants, just enough to cause misery but not enough to kill, but over and over and over again. That is exactly what christian theists think your god will do to unbelievers. Just what would that gain a god in the first place? It gets its jollys off listening to the screams?

Doesn't that seem a bit preposterous?

It is such an arrogant stance that we would mean so much to a god as to require some of us to live in agony till the end of time. Just another stupid tale from the Abrahamic religions."

"1) Define "God" to be perfectly holy (whatever the f!#% that means!)
    2) Define "God"'s actions to be perfectly moral and just (don't worry about cheapening the notions of morality and justice)
    3) Define "God" to be loving (and re-state this definition upon any reminder that "He" has a penchant for slaughter and torture)"

It all reminds me of the rotten spoiled brat we all remember when we were growing up in the neighbor hood that had the attitude that if you had something he didn't have he would break your toy.

Selfish in the extreme! The atheist seems to think he can argue the case for there being 'no God' by trampling on the God they don't believe exists.

As all of us know that grew up in homes where we were treated with mutual respect and love, yet we're held accountable for our words and deeds, that we don't blaim others for our own short comings, that we assume responsibility for our own actions, but not the atheist.

The atheists have to blaim God for being God, according to their twisted mindset of who they think this non-existing God is, all the while denying God's existence.

Some serious psychological developmental issues going on with atheists.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 11:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    The follow quotes are taken from another thread and exemplify the mindset of your typical atheist.

[b]"If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on ...[text shortened]... ying God's existence.

The atheists have to blaim God for being God, according to their twisted mindset of who they think this non-existing God is, all the while denying God's existence.

I think the bible is very clear on how things shake out in the end...

Philippians 2:10-11
    English Standard Version (ESV)

10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Just think about that scripture for a moment, ponder it for a day. Believers and non-believers are going to confess to the glory of the father that Jesus Christ is Lord, the outcome however will not be the same. So as Christians, wouldn't we want those who do not know Jesus to know him? We are causing division in this forum not only between believers and non-believers, but between believers as well. We are putting our crap out there for everyone to see... this is not the way it should be. A little less of us and a little more of him I think.

It is a fearsome thing to be in the hand of God, we need to grasp that.

The Lord will get the honor that is due him, we just need to do our part and leave the rest to him. Either we believe what we say or we don’t. The problem is us... not the atheists.

1 John 4:7-8

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Not pointing to anyone person here, but it seems as though some of the loudest Christians in this forum lack the love component. We point to those who don’t believe and say some things about them that we ourselves would have issues with. If there are those who are adamant in their approach to God and his existence, leave them to themselves and don’t engage, it serves no purpose at all.

I am sorry Josephw, but I as a Christian find your statement about what you think about atheists to be a bit inflammatory and offensive. I would not give much heed to someone who spoke about me in such ways, quite the opposite I think. What do you think that a statement like this will produce?

Let's castigate a little less and love a little more, show the love of God that he is... so that when we have to give an account on that day, we stand blameless.

Just my thoughts. Peace!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 11:57

[b]"If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on ...[text shortened]... ying God's existence.

The real psychological problems are actually with the religious who use religion as an excuse for war and individual killing such as the abortion doctor killings or the killings of gays. Atheists don't go around killing abortion doctors based on some stupid religious dogma, such as is going on as we speak in Iraq, Sunni's and Shi'ites killing each other in the name of their same god.

Then there was the inquisitions, the Crusades, the witch burnings, the KKK using religion as an excuse to kill blacks.

You ever hear of ANY atheist doing any of those things RATIONALIZED by playing the religion card?

Atheists are just as likely to kill as theists but they don't rationalize it all away by saying their god TOLD them to kill.

An atheist thug will just kill you because he is the meanest SOB in the valley, which is a much more honest approach IMHO. You know where you stand with such people. You never know exactly where you stand with theists, for instance, the Quran says it's ok to lie to infidels, treat them as guests and such, THEN slit their throats, all based on the idea a god said it's ok to do that.

I heard with my own three ears, an American short wave broadcast just a couple of years ago, this religious ASSSHOLE who was spouting off against some other sect of his own religion, where he was saying they don't deserve to LIVE. With the explicit threat to kill based on religion. This was not some 17th century nut job, this is a 21st century nut job. Kill based on religion.

Explain all THAT, mr theist.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 13:49

Rather than bleating on and on about why we are all so psychologically disturbed, why not just answer the question in a few simple and clear sentences?

Why does God want to torment for eternity people who simply believe in another God, or in no God?

There is no need to do this.

It's not a serious offence to an immortal, omnipotent being, surely?

God does not have to do this (omnipotent, remember)

He chooses to do this.

Why?

p.s. I, and others, have been asking this question for years now, and we have never had a straight answer.

Why does a God need to torture anyone?

I mean, if someone killed my family, I still wouldn't want to torture them. I would do everything in my power to stop it if I could.

But to torture someone just because they didn't believe I existed. That is just plain weird.

And evil.

Unless you have another explanation.

Which you won't give me, or can't.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 14:352 edits
    Have you considered the possibility thats its incongruous with a beneficent and loving God and a gross distortion of the concept of justice not to mention extra Biblical? I am pretty sure the ancient Greeks had visions of men being tortured in a gloomy underworld by having their inwards eaten out by crows while conscious or made to carry large stones up hills perpetually.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 16:42
    Originally posted by yoctobyte

I think the bible is very clear on how things shake out in the end...

[b]Philippians 2:10-11

10 so that at the name of Jesus ev ...[text shortened]... at when we have to give an account on that day, we stand blameless.

Just my thoughts. Peace![/b]
    I ain't nicer than Jesus yoctobyte. I have little doubt the pharasees and others had the same reaction when Jesus called them a "generation of vipers".

This is a public forum. We express our thoughts and ideas without censor. Of course you are correct about how one should conduct themselves as a Christian. I'll not argue with that.

Just tryin' to provide a bit of entertainment for my old friends here in this forum. I hope I didn't hurt their feelings! 😲

I'm so mean! 😡
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 16:51
    I ain't nicer than Jesus yoctobyte. I have little doubt the pharasees and others had the same reaction when Jesus called them a "generation of vipers".

This is a public forum. We express our thoughts and ideas without censor. Of course you are correct about how one should conduct themselves as a Christian. I'll not argue with that.

Just tryin' to provi ...[text shortened]... or my old friends here in this forum. I hope I didn't hurt their feelings! 😲

I'm so mean! 😡
    The only difference is we are not talking about pharasis here (who were the religious people), but unbelievers. Jesus treated the two groups differently.

The other thing is, you don't know who watching the banter, never saying a thing... just drawing conclusions from what is said

My thoughts only, thanks for listening.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 16:51

Just tryin' to provi ...[text shortened]... or my old friends here in this forum. I hope I didn't hurt their feelings! 😲

I'm so mean! 😡
    You're not funny. Not even a little bit. Sorry. 😞
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 17:08
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Rather than bleating on and on about why we are all so psychologically disturbed, why not just answer the question in a few simple and clear sentences?

Why does God want to torment for eternity people who simply believe in another God, or in no God?

There is no need to do this.

It's not a serious offence to an immortal, omnipotent being, surel ...[text shortened]... eird.

And evil.

Unless you have another explanation.

Which you won't give me, or can't.

Been there, done that! But the atheist is spiritually blind, as it is written in God's Word. No answer will suffice, although the answers have been provided many times in this forum to all your questions, but I'll give it another shot.

God does not want to torment anyone.

It's not a serious offence to an immortal, omnipotent being, surely?

You minimize sin and it's offensiveness to God. To you it is no big deal that someone believes in another god, even though there are no other gods, but God knows that without Him there is no life. It is a sin of monumental proportion to deny God what is rightfully His.

Why does a God need to torture anyone?

He doesn't.

If you didn't believe in water, and consequently didn't drink any, how long would it be before you died?

If you don't believe in God, and more importantly, believe God, how long do you expect to live the life that only God can give?

Apart from God there is no life. But you don't believe there is a creator God.

No answer will quench that thirst for answers you claim you have been looking for for all these years. By denying the existence of God you opt for no life.

Atheists hate that. I'm just telling the truth.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 17:09
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    The only difference is we are not talking about pharasis here (who were the religious people), but unbelievers. Jesus treated the two groups differently.

The other thing is, you don't know who watching the banter, never saying a thing... just drawing conclusions from what is said

My thoughts only, thanks for listening.
    I'll take that under advisement. Thanks.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 17:11
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    You're not funny. Not even a little bit. Sorry. 😞
    I'm sorry too!

A rolling stone gathers no moss.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 17:52
    I'm sorry too!

A rolling stone gathers no moss.
    Tell that to Keith RichardsπŸ™‚
  13. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 18:07

[b]Been there, done that! But the atheist is spiritually blind, as it is written in God's Word. No answer will suffice, although the answers have been provided many times in this forum to all your question ...[text shortened]... he existence of God you opt for no life.

Atheists hate that. I'm just telling the truth.
    [/b]
    Ducking the question again, I see, and your feeble attempt to blame me for failing to understand makes me wonder why you bother come here if you cannot explain your position.

If your God exists, I will live an eternal life of torment.

I could just die and cease to exist at all.

Why does your God choose the former? What purpose does it serve?

Just answer the question or admit you can't.

I really cannot understand why you want to worship a being that has created a universe on this basis when he could stop it with a snap of his fingers.
  14. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 12:50
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    If your God exists, I will live an eternal life of torment. I could just die and cease to exist at all. Why does your God choose the former? What purpose does it serve?.
    Hi RO,

Please allow me to just chip in here for a second.

Your questions are valid and require an answer from the likes of josephw, RJH and others who believe that.

But for the record, there are many Christians who do NOT believe in a physical hell, nor a 7x24 hour creation week, nor a physical Noah's ark.

Just thought you'd like to know!

πŸ™‚
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 13:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The real psychological problems are actually with the religious who use religion as an excuse for war and individual killing such as the abortion doctor killings or the killings of gays. Atheists don't go around killing abortion doctors based on some stupid religious dogma, such as is going on as we speak in Iraq, Sunni's and Shi'ites killing each other in ...[text shortened]... nut job, this is a 21st century nut job. Kill based on religion.

Explain all THAT, mr theist.
    Evil men, with no connection to God at all, will use whatever rationale works for them to continue their evil ways. Religion has ALWAYS been a favorite scapegoat, mainly because ungodly men will agree that it MUST be religion at fault for such evil. The devil spends his time twisting the truth and befouling religion because that only helps him achieve his goals.

Persecute the MEN perpetrating these heinous acts, not religion. Religious beliefs do not kill people. Evil men kill people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree