1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 17:591 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Boss de Nutsack, did you really just compare the good Doctor to Ezra Pound?
    No, I compared Ayn Rand to Ezra Pound. But I stand in awe of your incomprehension skills.

"I would have figured you as a fan of Ezra's treasonous, anti-semite ravings and political views. Afterall, you do share Ezra's modernistic leanings."

Ezra Pound was an anti-Semite; Ezra Pound was a modernist; therefore all modernists are anti-Semites. Brilliant!
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 18:24
    Have you ever read the slime trail you exude as you skulk through the forums? You seem to be under the grand delusion that your a fountain of truth and enlightenment when, in reality, you're every bit of the second-rate hack, third-rate philosopher ass crank that you warn The Doctor about.
    Except I don't call myself a philosopher, and I haven't set up a banner with 'Objectivism' written in big letters. Your inability to perceive this distinction perturbs me; I'll assume -- in your favour -- that you're merely drunk and belligerent. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

So what do you think of 'Atlas Shrugged'? A veritable prophecy?
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 18:32
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Except I don't call myself a philosopher, and I haven't set up a banner with 'Objectivism' written in big letters. Your inability to perceive this distinction perturbs me; I'll assume -- in your favour -- that you're merely drunk and belligerent. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

So what do you think of 'Atlas Shrugged'? A veritable prophecy?
    I think you need to back off of The Good Doctor, that's what I think. Do you have any idead how long The Doctor's A Train of Poonanny is? Even excluding the cattle cars, we're talking miles.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 18:401 edit
    I think you need to back off of The Good Doctor, that's what I think. Do you have any idead how long The Doctor's A Train of Poonanny is? Even excluding the cattle cars, we're talking miles.
    How cute.

'The Doctor's A Train of Poonanny' does sound like a good fairy-story.

Since when does Doctor Jolson need your protection, anyhow?
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 19:06
    How cute.

'The Doctor's A Train of Poonanny' does sound like a good fairy-story.

Since when does Doctor Jolson need your protection, anyhow?
    I am but his humble servant.
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 03:15
    I am but his humble servant.
    Is that that same as “lick-boot”?

Now, you know that I have been both a student of the good Doktor, and a supporter of you, in the past. But this is becoming nonsense.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 19:02
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Is that that same as “lick-boot”?

Now, you know that I have been both a student of the good Doktor, and a supporter of you, in the past. But this is becoming nonsense.
    Do you know who you're talking to?
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 08:51
    "She never realized how much she had in common with other fascists – and I use that word not in the careless colloquial sense, but very advisedly. The Nazis were also a highly romantic movement, with a very romantic view of the exalted individual, the Superman who imposed his will on the world and re-shaped it to fit his vision, who never backed down and never compromised because he answered to a higher authority: himself.

Strength was virtue, virtue strength, weakness and hesitation and ambiguity despised. A Brave New World was going to be created, along strictly scientific and unsentimental lines. Huge machines would be used in this goal, society would be mechanized, vast fields of accomplishment would be open to those leaders who had the courage and the creativity to seize the moment; all others would be at the disposal of these leaders.

The success of these men, the extent to which they could remake the world and the material gains they could produce, would be their moral justification, the only one they needed. Sound familiar? It’s not an attractive model because it’s not a human one.

I find Rand’s and Hitler’s idea of the Romantic individual repugnant for the same reason; it is the same Romantic individual. It’s no accident that the only group in Europe that takes Rand seriously at all is the neo-Nazis."

http://mondediplo.com/2009/01/20folly
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 17:15
    "She never realized how much she had in common with other fascists – and I use that word not in the careless colloquial sense, but very advisedly. The Nazis were also a highly romantic movement, with a very romantic view of the exalted individual, the Superman who imposed his will on the world and re-shaped it to fit his vision, who never backed down a ...[text shortened]... e that takes Rand seriously at all is the neo-Nazis."

http://mondediplo.com/2009/01/20folly
    She certainly was a naughty little beast. I imagine she'd put up quite a fight if you put the spurs to her.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree