1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    St Paul had a slave boy of his own. He was definitely Pro Slavery.
    To accept the bible and St Paul in particular, then you accept slavery as a biblical fact.

This is not argument of mine, this argument was used by other Christian Pro Slavers in the slavery era of USA, to legitimate slavery.
    Where can I read about Paul's slave boy ?
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:28
    Dear Jayill, From your answers I can only assume you disagree with the bible about slavery and women, but agree with it regarding homosexuality. Am I correct? (Again, this is a yes or no question.)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Child's play, like his handy dandy "Bible errors". I fail to yet see joe's hard "task" .

I fail to see what part of my answer joe does not find directly responding to his questions.

As for his response to my questions? I don't even think about joe attempting answering them anymore.
    Lol, i was only joking, but at least you have issued a Papal bull and lifted my excommunication, or may i take it that i am still excommunicated? Regardless, unless one has a forgiving nature, then i do not think that one can correctly be termed a 'Christian', considering that Christ's purpose was to come and give his life that we may be forgiven! Now i know what Christ means to you Jaywill, so please you must think about this, whether it is proper to harbour resentment or not.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:32
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Dear Jayill, From your answers I can only assume you disagree with the bible about slavery and women, but agree with it regarding homosexuality. Am I correct? (Again, this is a yes or no question.)
    why must everything be black and white, yes and no? its a very one dimensional and narrow view, dont you think?
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:51
    More evasion!
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 16:544 edits
    =====================================
    St Paul had a slave boy of his own.
    =================================

Where can I read about Paul's slave boy?

========================
    He was definitely Pro Slavery.
    ========================

Do you mean where he says that brothers in the church who had slaves should "give up your threatening" ?

Is his intructions for Christian brothers to give up their threatening of their slaves they may have had means that Paul is pro slavery ? You're a fool if you think so/

If he were in favor of the institution of slavery as practiced why would he instruct the Christians who had slaves to give up their threatening ? He should tell them to get their whips out and threaten all the more so as to make slavery more coercive.

When Paul says in Christ there is niether slave nor free, that indicates he is pro slavery ?

"And put on the new man, which is being renewed unto full knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision,barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all in all." (Colossina 3:10,11)

Is that Paul arguing for the social status of exalting the master over the slave in status? Is that why Paul says in Christ there is neither "slave, freeman"?

So to strengthen the social system of slavery we should teach that in Christ there is neither slave nor freeman, ie, the two tiered status is nullified, That reinforces the and encourages slavery ?

Or is Paul pro-slavery because because he instructs the Christians who have slaves to give to their slaves "what is just and equal" ?

"Masters, grant to your slaves that which is JUST AND EQUAL, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven." (Col. 4:1)

Does that make Paul "pro slavery"?

======================================
    To accept the bible and St Paul in particular, then you accept slavery as a biblical fact.
    ==============================

Who doesn't accept slavery as a biblical fact ?

In Paul's gospel he was not trying to be a social reformer. He was preaching that WHATEVER situation you found yourself in when you became a disciple of Jesus, Christ was adaquate to cause you to be empowered, supplied, graced, and upheld with His victorious life.

His life has the power to uphold men and women regardless of what social status they found themselves in WHEN they became Christians.

===================================
    This is not argument of mine, this argument was used by other Christian Pro Slavers in the slavery era of USA, to legitimate slavery.
    ==================================

It doesn't matter WHOSE argument it is. It is a faulty argument.

Paul was no a social reformer or political activist but a builder of Christian churches as communities of faith. To do that he preached the Gospel of Christ everywhere. And the faith spread everywhere.

His instructions to the churches amount to this "Whatever social status you find yourself in when you became a Christian, do not worry. Christ is able to uphold you and empower you to live righteously and unto His kingdom. Whether male, female, barbarian, Scythian, whether circumcised as a orthodox Jew or uncircumcised as a Gentile, whether slave owner or a freeman in that Roman world."

Your accusation is bluster and stems from ignorance. And by ignorance I don't mean just not knowing. I mean also not wanting to know.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:014 edits
    More evasion!
    This post (my post) was too mean I retract it. Its not worth it.

I answered the "Attention jaywill" thing. Time to move on.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:02
    I have not accused you of anything. I am just asking for a yes or no answer. Listening to you is like trying to take a sip of water out of a fire hydrant!
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:06
    When you graduate or evolve or whatever from a mediocre troll, let us know so we can have some serious discussion.

As of now you're more adept at the level of discourse seen in the scribblings of junior high boys on the walls of bathrooms.

Starting three threads all supposedly dealing with "bible errors" is as really immature. Why could not one thread on it be enough ? As indept as it was.
    Ah Ha! You have somthing against the trinity!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:07
    Ah Ha! You have somthing against the trinity!
    ask me the same questions i dont mind?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:12
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:25
    Methinks Fabian is talking about Onesimus;
  13. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:42
    You evaded the questions. You see, Jaywill, I am rather simple minded and it's easiest for me to contemplate yes or no answers, and you have a hard time providing them. You win. I give up. From what you say, however, you are pro women, anti slavery but homophobic. Two out of three ain't bad.🙄🙄🙄
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 17:59
    You evaded the questions. You see, Jaywill, I am rather simple minded and it's easiest for me to contemplate yes or no answers, and you have a hard time providing them. You win. I give up. From what you say, however, you are pro women, anti slavery but homophobic. Two out of three ain't bad.🙄🙄🙄
    """I am rather simple minded""" Hummmm!!!!
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 18:011 edit
    In his letter to Philemon. Verse 16 says it all, but read the rest as well. The slave's name is Onesimos.

This is why the Slavers in USA used to christian to own slaves. St Paul did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree