1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 14:52
    I am thinking of listening to Thomas Nelson's "The Word of Promise: Complete Audio Bible", 105 hours.

"This world-class audio production immerses listeners in the dramatic reality of the Scriptures as never before with an original music score by composer Stefano Mainetti (Abba Pater), feature film quality sound effects, and compelling narration by Michael York and the work of over 600 actors.

Each beloved book of the Bible comes to life with outstanding performances by Jim Caviezel as Jesus, Richard Dreyfuss as Moses, Gary Sinise as David, Jason Alexander as Joseph, Marisa Tomei as Mary Magdalene, Stacy Keach as Paul, Louis Gossett, Jr. as John, Jon Voight as Abraham, Marcia Gay Harden as Esther, Joan Allen as Deborah, Max von Sydow as Noah, and Malcolm McDowell as Solomon.

The 79-CD set includes a carrying case tin and an interactive Bonus Features DVD that includes actor interviews, worship resources, and a fascinating look at how dramatic audio theater is produced."

Is there a better audio bible than this? Any tips?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 17:471 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am thinking of listening to Thomas Nelson's "The Word of Promise: Complete Audio Bible", 105 hours.

"This world-class audio production immerses listeners in the dramatic reality of the Scriptures as never before with an original music score by composer Stefano Mainetti (Abba Pater), feature film quality sound effects, and compelling narration by Mic ...[text shortened]... c audio theater is produced."

man, that's an all star cast. you want better than that?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 17:53
    Originally posted by FMF

"This world-class audio production immerses listeners in the dramatic reality of the Scriptures as never before with an original music score by composer Stefano Mainetti (Abba Pater), feature film quality sound effects, and compelling narration by Mic ...[text shortened]... c audio theater is produced."

Hard to imagine better. Apparently you can get it as an Audible download.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

My favorite by far is Alexander Scourby. He is probably my only recommendation.

You'll get nothing but encouragment from me in this.

Some seem to read as if they are trying to get as much on one cassette as possible. Scrouby puts his heart and spirit into it, IMO. And his pronunciation of all names of places and people is great.

What is also good is to get a tape recorder out and read a few chapters yourself, and listen then to yourself.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 18:44
    Originally posted by jaywill
    My favorite by far is Alexander Scourby. He is probably my only recommendation.

You'll get nothing but encouragment from me in this.

Some seem to read as if they are trying to get as much on one cassette as possible. Scrouby puts his heart and spirit into it, IMO. And his pronunciation of all names of places and people is great.

What is also g ...[text shortened]... od is to get a tape recorder out and read a few chapters yourself, and listen then to yourself.
    what is 'cassette'? and 'tape-recorder'? are these ancient biblical references?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 18:48
    Originally posted by FMF

thats a 105hrs you could spend listening to fifty shades of grey with mrs fmf!!
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 22:161 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what is 'cassette'? and 'tape-recorder'? are these ancient biblical references?
    lol. You know LPs are actually making a come-back from what I was told.

I was told that digital recording takes away some of the backround noise from music which the human ear actually needs to get a better sound of the music.

You may record CD of course.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 01:16

I was told that digital recording takes away some of the backround noise from music which the human ear actually needs to get a better sound of the music.

i actually rather prefer the sound from the old records. i kind of miss the staticy white noise absent in digital music.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 01:33
    thats a 105hrs you could spend listening to fifty shades of grey with mrs fmf!!
    I have somewhere in the region of 700 hours a year that I allocate to listening to audio books.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 01:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have somewhere in the region of 700 hours a year that I allocate to listening to audio books.
    long drive?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 02:55
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    long drive?
    There are certain kinds of work at the computer that allow my ears to go off and do their own thing, and even more kinds that allow me to consume music. There are probably about four or five hours [out of a typical 12 hour working day] when I need to work in silence in my home office. I also have my phone stuffed with current podcasts, audio books, latest The Economist etc. and use it like a radio here and there and in the gaps in between. I don't drive but I do have a motorbike.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 15:52
    Originally posted by FMF

I have the word of promise with all the celebs. It is awesome. NKJV only though.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 16:23

nothing beats an LP although the though of having to get up and walk over to the player to flip sides would probably make todays teenagers heads explode.
    tape is evil though, satans magnetic strips of hell. how many hours did i spend as a kid trying to tape the music charts off the radio only for the tape to get twisted. i would then sit for another millennium with a pencil shoved through the hole winding the tape back in a desperate attempt to save my recordings.
    although it has to be said the mix-tape was a mighty weapon in my wooing arsenal and was key in the snaring of mrs spalife. so maybe tapes not so bad.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 17:43
    nothing beats an LP although the though of having to get up and walk over to the player to flip sides would probably make todays teenagers heads explode.
    tape is evil though, satans magnetic strips of hell. how many hours did i spend as a kid trying to tape the music charts off the radio only for the tape to get twisted. i would then sit for another mi ...[text shortened]... eapon in my wooing arsenal and was key in the snaring of mrs spalife. so maybe tapes not so bad.
    yeah, but now there are mixed playlists.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 17:26
    How about this one:

NIV Audio Bible Dramatized CD by Zondervan Publishing - Audiobook | English | 2002 | mp3 | 32 Kbps | 76 hours | 957.22 MB

The complete Bible---64-CD set includes both Old and New Testaments

· New International Version---today’s most read, most trusted translation

· New Testament selected by Audio Publishers Association as Audie Award winner---the most prestigious award for audio products

· Multiple-voice dramatization brings the Bible to life with world-class narration and colorful, true-to-the-text character renderings

· Fully orchestrated background with sound effects provides maximum enhancement of the text reading

· Digital engineering from start to finish delivers the ultimate in clarity and listening enjoyment

· Brief book introductions give you a quick, preparatory overview of each book of the Bible

· Running time 76 hours Hands-Down the Finest Audio Bible You Can Own
    The NIV Audio Bible is more than a Bible you listen to. It’s an experience that helps you enter into God’s Word... So God’s Word can enter into you. Read by professional readers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree