1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 05:251 edit
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/ordination-of-atlanta-teen-called-to-preach-at-age-5-sparks-debate-about-needing-a-degree-to-preach-gods-word-112563/

YouTube#t=163
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 08:16
    Oh dear.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 10:441 edit
    Brainwashing clearly evident. Child abuse. Because it's religion it's OK to brainwash?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 10:50
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Brainwashing clearly evident. Child abuse. Because it's religion it's OK to brainwash?
    No, it's "awesome"...
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 05:40
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Wrong.

I will say cults(atheist parents) are good at that.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 07:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Wrong.

WTF is cults(atheist parents) meant to mean?
    You want to redefine some words again to suit your narrow-minded world-view?
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 11:04
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/ordination-of-atlanta-teen-called-to-preach-at-age-5-sparks-debate-about-needing-a-degree-to-preach-gods-word-112563/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWeuVVYIyw0#t=163
    That's not preaching, that's screaming and repeating.

Any fool, including a five year old, can shout out some trite phrases with no coherence. To write a real sermon, yes, you do indeed need an education. It's a craft as well as a calling; the one without the other just leaves you with some happy-clappy lyrics.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 11:16
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That's not preaching, that's screaming and repeating.

Any fool, including a five year old, can shout out some trite phrases with no coherence. To write a real sermon, yes, you do indeed need an education. It's a craft as well as a calling; the one without the other just leaves you with some happy-clappy lyrics.
    "Any fool, including a five year old, can shout out some trite phrases with no coherence."

Like your forum posts.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 11:321 edit
    Wrong.

There are numerous incidents of this type of brainwashing on YouTube, it is not edifying nor glorifying to God.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 11:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There are numerous incidents of this type of brainwashing on YouTube, it is not edifying nor glorifying to God.
    I think I had heard that some of these children end up really burned out.

The Word of God is clear concerning who is qualified to teach and preach. But that's a whole other discussion.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 15:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think I had heard that some of these children end up really burned out.

The Word of God is clear concerning who is qualified to teach and preach. But that's a whole other discussion.
    Well we know that a leader should have only one wife. So if he has two he shouldn't be allowed to lead 😉

I had like the idea that he was called to be a pastor without even having to go to school. But he is still going to go. It would be awesome to have a pastor though personally that didn't even need an education and is truly called to being a pastor instead of going to get educated to become a pastor.

I mean who would you rather have as a pastor someone who is truly called and truly hear from God or someone that go to college and only preaches on what he learned and never truly hears from God/Jesus?
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 19:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Any fool, including a five year old, can shout out some trite phrases with no coherence."

Like your forum posts.[/b]
    Three posts in and you're already resorting to ad hominems. Your minister must be proud of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree