1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 08:491 edit
    What dose your religion say about them?
    Or if you're not religious do you beleive it's 'just natures way'?

This is something very close to my heart and I'd like to read any honest responces you can give me.

My freind did everything the midwife told her to- put your feet up look after your diet, mimimal drinking, get to the hospitial if you feel worried at all. We all expected a healthy baby. But something went wrong and she was born early.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 09:41
    It 's quite natural. All the early born babes of my relatives and our friends, and they 're many, are now well growned up adults with excellent physical condition, although two-three of them spent some weeks in an incubator. Also, a friend of us gave birth to a boy and later to a girl wich both were born early, and today they are both quite healthy and have their own healthy children (now, that girl is a 32 years old lady and has an early born, totally healthy son)๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 09:43
    I forgot to ask you, how is your baby? I do wish you the best;
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 10:071 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    It 's quite natural. All the early born babes of my relatives and our friends, and they 're many, are now well growned up adults with excellent physical condition, although two-three of them spent some weeks in an incubator. Also, a friend of us gave birth to a boy and later to a girl wich both were born early, and today they are both quite healthy and ...[text shortened]... children (now, that girl is a 32 years old lady and has an early born, totally healthy son)๐Ÿ™‚
    That's nice that it's worked out well for them. We are all hopping, and those that do, praying that my freinds baby will be. I've heard lots of possitive stories about premature babies.

I see mums smoke throughout their pregnancys and have fullterm healthy babies (and I don't begrudge them at all) I just wonder why? Why when my freind did everything she could for a healthy baby did something go wrong. The doctors can't answer her they do test after test and it all comes back clear.
    I know there is something in the Bible about a blind man born blind so that Jesus could heal him, but I haven't found anything about premature babies.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 10:10
    I forgot to ask you, how is your baby? I do wish you the best;
    Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

She is six months old now and in and out of hospitial, but they haven't found a specific thing wrong so there is hope that she will be okay.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 10:21
    This procedure is quite common, along with the anxiety of the parents, relatives and friends๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully your Lil' Lady will be totally fine!!!!!
    PS: Unforunately I am not a Christian, I have no religion and I cannot mention whether there's a quote in the Bible or not regarding this issue;

Have the three of you a great time and best regards๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 20:041 edit
    Hermione, that is her name, died today at 10.24 am.
    I said my good bye yesterday with others who love her and hoped there would be a miracle. But obviously that wasn't to be.

I had just spent a week going to Christian meetings and talking and praying with other Christians. I do not understand why this has happened, I don't think I ever will. My freind is heart broken I don't think she will ever recover.

I can appresiate how people loose their faith over things so sad as this. I don't know how the future looks for me, but I know there is a God and his son is Jesus.

If there is anyone who can explain please do.

Psalm 139:13-18 NIV (New International Version)

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

2 Corinthians 9:8 (English Standard Version)

8And(A) God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency[a] in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

Philippians 4:19 (English Standard Version)

19And my God(A) will supply every need of yours(B) according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

James 4:2 (English Standard Version)

2You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask.

I prayed with people that any generational curses on Hermione be broken. That God knows everything going on in her body and that He would heal her.
    My freind asked God to either heal her completely or take her away because she was in such pain and her life was so restricted. Now she feels guilty as well as all the heart ache.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 20:38
    Terribly sorry for your loss my friend. But it would be extremely hard for Hermione to keep on suffering;
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 21:05
    Terribly sorry for your loss my friend. But it would be extremely hard for Hermione to keep on suffering;
    Yes it would have been and it wasn't much of a life as she was.
    My friend has been robbed of every little part of parenthood from a glow in pregnancy to breastfeeding and skin to skin hugging. No parent expects to have to out live their child. I can think of nothing worse. The desease she had was SMA where they get better and then weaker till they are so weak they can not recover. Muscles waste away in a slow cruel up down manner. Her eyes were alert and focusing her hand held my finger as I said good bye. I've never felt pain like this before.
  10. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 21:10
    You, your friends family, and the child are all in my prayers.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 23:18
    Originally posted by yo its me
    .....I had just spent a week going to Christian meetings and talking and praying with other Christians. I do not understand why this has happened, I don't think I ever will. .....

I prayed with people that any generational curses on Hermione be broken. That God knows everything going on in her body and that He would heal her.
    My freind asked God to eit ...[text shortened]... n such pain and her life was so restricted. Now she feels guilty as well as all the heart ache.
    You will need to come to grips with a couple things:

1. Life is frail and babies die every day by the thousands. In the west we are lucky in that only about 2 or 3 babies die for every 1000 births. In poor countries its about 200 for every 1000 births. So there are about 100 times more mothers grieving there than in the west.

2. You seem to think that pray is some kind of guarantee that God will solve your problems. Where did you get that from ? God does not alway give when you ask.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 23:57
    Yes it would have been and it wasn't much of a life as she was.
    My friend has been robbed of every little part of parenthood from a glow in pregnancy to breastfeeding and skin to skin hugging. No parent expects to have to out live their child. I can think of nothing worse. The desease she had was SMA where they get better and then weaker till they are s ...[text shortened]... nd focusing her hand held my finger as I said good bye. I've never felt pain like this before.
    Such a loss is unbearable; I just hope that you will find the power to support your wife and to get through this devastating situation.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 00:361 edit
    Hermione, that is her name, died today at 10.24 am.
    I said my good bye yesterday with others who love her and hoped there would be a miracle. But obviously that wasn't to be.

I had just spent a week going to Christian meetings and talking and praying with other Christians. I do not understand why this has happened, I don't think I ever will. My freind ch pain and her life was so restricted. Now she feels guilty as well as all the heart ache.
    That is a sad story. I hope that Hermione did not suffer much. I also hope the mother will be able to cope with what must be a very difficult experience. I think the best thing you can do now is to be a good friend to her; to be understanding, sympathetic, compassionate toward any struggles she might have. It seems you are already on this path since you seem to hold genuine concerns for her.

As far as understanding what happened, I am sure some will offer you the blurb that "everything happens for a reason" (by which they mean something along the lines that even the difficult events in life happen for some greater, but hidden, purpose). I see no reason to think that is the case, however. Some events seem just unfortunate. What you have described may well just be an unfortunate article of the "natural lottery". There may not be really anything for you to "understand" in the sense you mean.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 00:51
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    I am sure some will offer you the blurb that "everything happens for a reason" (by which they mean something along the lines that even the difficult events in life happen for some greater, but hidden, purpose). I see no reason to think that is the case, however.
    Of course everything has a reason. However, whether God was a part of that reason or not is the only question.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 01:031 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Of course everything has a reason. However, whether God was a part of that reason or not is the only question.
    Of course everything has a reason.

Really? What do you mean in the context of the current thread? Do you mean what I said above that even something like this happens for some "greater purpose"; or do you just mean that there is some causal explanation for what happened? If the latter, then I doubt that in itself will be much consolation. If the former, then what is the "greater purpose" for which little Hermione died?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree