1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 00:21
    Revelation 14:8
    New American Standard Bible
    8 And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality.”

What is "Babylon the Great"?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 00:411 edit
    @galveston75

Revelation 17 is a sign of corrupted Christiandom, the corrupted Christianity, headed by the Roman Catholic Church and her spin offs - her "daughters".
    Revelation 18 is a sign of the city of Rome.

Some overlap occurs.
    That is the shortest answer to your question.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:11
    @sonship
    So just Christian based religions?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:22
    @galveston75

Mainly Christian based.
    That is why instead of the Wife of the Lamb Babylon the great is the Harlot. Christ does not recognize her as His Bride or Wife.

She is mainly the illegitimate counterpart of Christ.
    She claims to be the wife. Christ will not own her but designates her as the Harlot and mother of harlots.

His people have been captured away into her as the Israelites were captured away into Babylon.

So the voice from heaven says "Come out of her My people." (Rev. 18:4)

Obviously God deems that of His people many have been carried away captive to her. That is why Babylon is used to symbolize corrupted Christiandom.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:34
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

Mainly Christian based.
    That is why instead of the Wife of the Lamb Babylon the great is the Harlot. Christ does not recognize her as His Bride or Wife.

She is mainly the illegitimate counterpart of Christ.
    She claims to be the wife. Christ will not own her but designates her as the Harlot and mother of harlots.

His people have been captu ...[text shortened]... rried away captive to her. That is why Babylon is used to symbolize corrupted Christiandom.
    Pretty good there ole buddy. But the scripture says it is all nations. So that would mean all religions could be included.
    Babylons false teaching can be found in all religions down to today.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:413 edits
    babylon wil; be destroyed by the Antichrist.

Christ will not destroy Babylon[ directly. Christ will allow Antichrist at the end of this age to destroy Babylon.

I can back up every word of it. At the beginning of the great tribulation Antichrist will rob Babylon of her riches. HE will say "We need those riches." And he will burn her with fire probably destroying her buildings.

Antichrist will do a job for Christ. He will unleash his secular insanity upon all Christian faith. In the process of exalting himself above everything that is worshipped and called God, he will attack the Roman Catholic Church and her daughters, the Protestant spin offs.

But He cannot destroy Christ in people. And he cannot destroy the church which Christ will build. He can hurt the counterfeit Spouse of Christ.

"And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom but receive authority as kings for one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

These will make war with the Lamb . . . "
    They make war with Jesus Christ the Redeemer on one hand. On the other hand they hate the harlot and destroy for Christ the apostate Christianity.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:451 edit
    "And the ten horns which you saw and the beast, these will hate the harlot . . . " (v.16a)

Antichrist and the worldly rulers who relinquish their authority to the Antichrist will hate the whole of Christianity, especially the apostate Mother of all apostasy the Roman Catholic Church. They will seek to ride the world of the Christian church.

" . . . these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked and will war eat her flesh and burn her utterly with fire." (v.16)

And this is under the sovereignty of God. This is under the providence of God at the end of this age.

"For God has put it into their heart to perform His mind and to perform one mind and to give their kingdom to the beast until the words of God are accomplished." (v.17)

God deals with the mixture of the Babylon confusion by allowing Antichrist and the major political powers to make war not only on Christ but also on apostate Christianity.

Look for powerful leaders in Europe to decide that they no longer want the Roman Catholic Church to possess huge amounts of wealth which they deem belong to the desperate worldly empires.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:491 edit
    "For God has put it into their heart to perform His mind and to perform one mind and to give their kingdom to the beast until the words of God are accomplished." (v.17)

Under God's providence after the rapture of the watching portion of the church, Antichrist will seek to destroy Babylon the Great the apostate Christendom.

God does not touch this mixture directly. God puts it into the minds of the Antichrist and his kings to carry out His will. accomplishing His purpose.

He allows Antichrist and the God hating governments to eliminate the mixture of Christendom which has captured His people.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 01:593 edits
    @galveston75
    No argument on that.

Antichrist will exalt himself above ALL that is worshipped and called God.

But the church is the Bride. And the Harlot is the counterfeit.
    By calling this mixture Babylon, the mother of Harlots the Christian church is the main focus.

The harlot is responsible not only capturing away God's people from His Wife.
    She is also responsible for the abominations of the earth. Probably the worst crimes in history have been among her acts on the planet.

This because they were sins done under the banner of Jesus Christ. This makes them the abominations of the earth.

"And on her forehead there was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." (Rev. 17:5)

The apostate harlot has even persecuted to death the genuine saints of God.

"And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. And I marveled with great marvel when I saw her." (v.6)

The aged apostle John was astounded at the sign. That is to see the degradation of the church would come to this one day. A huge world wide religions organization would even persecute to death with torture the genuine believers in Christ.

And other genuine believers would be carried away into her as the Israelites were carried away from the good land of Canaan into Babylon.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 02:051 edit
    Before any Christian gloats and thinks "Yea Go Get em!"

Babylon is something in our blood. You may leave Babylon but Babylon will not leave you so easily. It is not a matter simple of crossing the street and getting away from that gathering.

This mixture is something in man's fallen religious being. Transformation is the true way OUT . . . of this religious mixture called Babylon the Great.

Those who have come out can show us the way out.
    But be not surprised if the world or the atheists have their ire stirred up that you would even think to leave Babylon.

Surely, the thought to be saved from her is a "cult". Thus the village atheist here encourages to keep the Harlot going unwarned. It makes for better unbelief.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 02:142 edits
    The Communists and Hitler committed evil acts. But the apostate religion committed them under the banner of serving Jesus Christ. That is more evil. It is to take the truth and so corrupt it to carry out crimes.

So Babylon is mother of the worst of the worst - " BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE HARLOTS AND THE ABOMINTIONS OF THE EARTH." (Rev. 17:5)

There are many crimes of men against humanity. None of them are good.
    There are those crimes committed by practically any country in history.

The Apostate Christian Harlot's crimes have been of the abominations . . . the abominations of the earth because they were done to confuse evil with the Son of God.

Antichrist will destroy the RCC in the beginning of the three and one half year great tribulation. And in the end the city of Rome will be destroyed.

First religious Babylon is dealt with. Then material Babylon, the city of Rome is torn down to the ground, destroyed.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 07:03
    @galveston75 said
    Babylons false teaching can be found in all religions down to today.
    Do you include your religion, your religious body the Jehovah witnesses in this assertion?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 07:05
    @sonship
    Another 6 long posts in a row by you.
    Do you find communication difficult in real life?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 16:503 edits
    @divegeester
    If I respond to each and every criticism you have of me you may just say I am proud, self centered, etc. To even think not to accept your criticisms would be to you, me being egocentric. Soooo . . . .

What do you have to say about Babylon the Great ?
    What do you think its significance is?

The floor is all yours.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '21 21:54
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    If I respond to each and every criticism you have of me you may just say I am proud, self centered, etc. To even think not to accept your criticisms would be to you, me being egocentric. Soooo . . . .

What do you have to say about Babylon the Great ?
    What do you think its significance is?

The floor is all yours.
    I don’t want “the floor”, I and others here would appreciate it if you
    a) gave honest direct answers to honest direct questions
    b) stopped flooding threads with 6 sometimes 8 lengthy posts in a row and expect people to take you seriously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree