1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 17:251 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    When did god invent bacteria? There is no mention of them in the bible which is rather strange since they are so prevalent and are highest in the food chain. If god had mentioned them, it would have saved a lot of lives, especially in the dark ages.
    They might have been something more positive and useful to man. In the fall of man and in the collapse of the creation they may have become something harmful.

I cannot tell you why bacteria, why mosquitos, why leeches, why earthquakes and tornados.

Such things do serve to remind us that we are NOT in the best environment. Just like a headache informs your body that something is wrong. So God has in nature reminders that it is not sin and business as usual without God.

What I can tell you is that in the Bible the salvation of man triggers the restoral of the creation to a paradise like existence.

Apprantly, the key, in God's plan, to the best environment is the salvation of its deputy authority man. It was placed in his dominion and was cursed when Adam fell out of God's will and into the Enemy's opposition party.

My belief from my study of the Bible is that when man fell the creation fell. When man is restored to harmony with the divine will, creation too is restored.

In God's wisdom He apparently has a way of keeping things going, though not ideal, in the mean time.

Praise Him for His unsearchable wisdom.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 17:442 edits
    Still, in Genesis god lists a lot of animals, but not bacteria or protozoa. I suggest to you the reason they are not listed is because the bible is the work of humans and (non existent ) god had nothing to do with it. If man had known about the existence of earth's most prevalent life form, it would have been included in the bible along with rules for dealing with bacteria.
    This logic is not impressive to too many readers of the Bible.

If the Bible were REALLY a divine revelation then it should have told us how many planets there were in our solar system.

Jesus should have spent more time to explain about quantum physics rather than the boring stuff about morality.

If the Bible were really God's revelation it should have included four or five chapters dedicated solely to explaining what bacteria were. It should have equiped us today and people 400 years from now (who knows what they will face?) with tools to get along just fine without having to believe in God.

I mean the revelation of God should have made us knowledgeable enough to do without Him. The revelation should have made us smart enough to be independent of the need of faith.

It said nothing about seat belts. It said nothing about the hydrogen bomb. It didn't explain how to make a laser or how to fix a microwave oven.

It told us "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him andhe in God." (1 John 4:15)

But how is THAT going to help us get to the planet Mars when we ruin the environment on Earth? Come on now.

I mean "God abides in him and he in God"? Of what use could that be ?

Limitation and priorities govern what God has told us in these 66 books. While there are some interesting practicalities in diet and things, it is not an exhaustive technological handbook meant for every age. But to overcome sin and alienation from God is its message.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 18:11
    Originally posted by jaywill
    They might have been something more positive and useful to man. In the fall of man and in the collapse of the creation they may have become something harmful.

I cannot tell you why bacteria, why mosquitos, why leeches, why earthquakes and tornados.

Such things do serve to remind us that we are NOT in the best environment. Just like a headache inform ...[text shortened]... hings going, though not ideal, in the mean time.

Praise Him for His unsearchable wisdom.
    Good comment Jay....
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 18:15

If the Bible were REALLY a divine revelation then it should have told us how many planets there were in our solar system.

Jesus should have spent more time to explain about quantum physics rather than the boring stuff about morality.

If the Bible were really God's revelation it shoul ...[text shortened]... handbook meant for every age. But to overcome sin and alienation from God is its message.
    The Bible also promises us that new scrolls will be opened in the future. So no telling what we will be told of our earth and of the universe. We all have the natural wonderment of how things work and of our creator himself. And the Bible promises life everlasting on the earth for all who obey him and do the few simple things he ask of us.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 18:462 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Bible also promises us that new scrolls will be opened in the future. So no telling what we will be told of our earth and of the universe. We all have the natural wonderment of how things work and of our creator himself. And the Bible promises life everlasting on the earth for all who obey him and do the few simple things he ask of us.
    Thankyou for your compliment on my post.

And I would add that I fully agree that we as of yet do not know all that God has in store for the creation.

My opinion is that thereis a large amount of real estate that He probably has use for though I do not know in what way.

But this is the point that I wish to inform you of in particular.

There is a difference between one living everlastingly and one having the eternal life which is in Christ.

Both mean a duration which is endless. That is a given. But the angels have an everlasting life. They do not have the eternal life that is in Christ.

Adam and Eve were created with an everlasting life as far as I have been able to see. They never had eternal life as it was available to them had they eaten of the tree of life.

Further, further now. In eternity future there will be human beings who will have an everlasting life. But they are not born again, are not sons of God, are not constituents of the New Jerusalem, and do not have the eternal life which is in the Son.

These people are the nations spoken of as living around the New Jerusalem who walk in its light. They are restored to be as Adam was before his fall - innocent and with an everlasting human life. They are not the fulfillment of God's eternal purpose to have sons with His own divine life - the eternal life which is God Himself.

God created multitudes of angels who would live forever. God created man though, to receive God Himself into his being to be mingled with God. And this is the eternal life promised to those who receive the Son of God.

To create a being that lives forever is not hard to God. He made perhaps millions of angels to live forever. To create a creature that can become "organically" united and mingled and blended with God Himself is His POEMA (Greek) - His "masterpiece".

This being He has to work Himself into them. This being He has to wrought His life into their life. He has to dispense Himself into them. And this is the eternal purpose of God.

I am trying to get you to see beyond simply the blessing of unending longevity. The real ultimate blessing in the Bible is to be mingled with the uncreated and eternal Person, the Triune God Himself.

What is this if not mingling - "He who is JOINED to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

That is MINGLING galveston.

What is this if not mingling? "In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:20)

That is a mingling of God and man. That is utter interweaving of God with His saved and redeemed people. He is in the Father. They are in Him. And He is in them.

This is beyond everlasting longevity. This is Jehovah Himself uniting in life with man.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 18:591 edit
    God was MANIZED so that man might become GODIZED.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 19:17
    When did god invent bacteria? There is no mention of them in the bible which is rather strange since they are so prevalent and are highest in the food chain. If god had mentioned them, it would have saved a lot of lives, especially in the dark ages.
    Bacteria are demons for modern times.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 19:181 edit
    Thankyou for your compliment on my post.

And I would add that I fully agree that we as of yet do not know all that God has in store for the creation.

My opinion is that thereis a large amount of real estate that He probably has use for though I do not know in what way.

But this is the point that I wish to inform you of in particular.

There i This is beyond everlasting longevity. This is Jehovah Himself uniting in life with man.
    Well I agree with some you say but as you know, not with all. To be honest it's hard to tell exactly what your saying at times and I don't believe the Bible is that complicated on this subject.
    A select group, the Little Flock or 144,000 are the ones going to heaven to rule with Jesus for a thousand years. What they do as well as Jesus after the thousand years is not clear in the Bible at this time, so probably those new scrolls will tells us later.
    It is only Jesus and the 144,000 that will be given immortality. Humans on earth will be able to live forever but that all depends on if they live life as God wants us to and keep his laws. It's the very same opportunity that was given to Adam and Eve. Nothing has changed from God's original purpose.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 19:48

If the Bible were really God's revelation it shoul ...[text shortened]... handbook meant for every age. But to overcome sin and alienation from God is its message.
    Point taken - why would god mention bacteria? (There would not even have been a word for it so it could not have been recorded!) Arguments based on what is left out of the bible are pretty futile.

However if you look at what is in the bible - why would god list all the animals if it wasnt a complete list? Just "everything" would have done! Seems like god or the author is just showing off how many animals they can think of. ???
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 21:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Point taken - why would god mention bacteria? (There would not even have been a word for it so it could not have been recorded!) Arguments based on what is left out of the bible are pretty futile.

However if you look at what is [b]in
    the bible - why would god list all the animals if it wasnt a complete list? Just "everything" would have done! Seems like god or the author is just showing off how many animals they can think of. ???[/b]
    What would be the purpose of naming all the animals? My gosh the Bible would be huge if that were done.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 23:13
    "Demons". That would be what you're looking for.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 02:04
    Originally posted by Badwater
    The word demon does not appear in the Bible.

It's devils.

Maybe bacteria are really devils in disguise.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by josephw

It's devils.

It's not "demons" in Luke 10:17?

EDIT - In the New Testament the word devils is the translation of the Greek word DAIMONION and it would have been better if this word had been translated as ‘demons'.

http://www.bibleed.com/bibleteachings/otherbibleteachings/demons.asp
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 03:32
    Originally posted by josephw

It's devils.

Demons???

Det 32:17.
    James 2:19 & 3:15.
    Matt Matt 12:24 & 15:22.
    John 10:21.
    Mark 1:32.
    Luke 8:36.
    1 Tim 4:1.
    Rev 16:14 & 18:2.
    Ps 136:7.
    1 Cor 10:20, 21.
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 04:10
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Always!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree