Bad Rap

Bad Rap

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Yes we do, but what if God reveals the Truth to us?
Does he reveal it in the form of a note or how does it happen ? Subjective experience can be misleading. I'm sure that most devout Hindu's feel that God has realed himself through some experience or the other. I feel that God reveals himself to all that seek him. It has nothing to do with what religion you belong to. The Truth appears to be bigger than just Christianity.

j

Moves
07 Aug 09
3 edits

Originally posted by buckky
Have you noticed that it's the Christian faith that get's all the grief around here ? Never do you hear someone going on about how the Buddhest are way out of line in their thinking. Same is true of the Hindu's. The muslems get their fair share of negative press, and rightfully so.
The Buddhest seem pleasant, because they are not throwing people in Hell's win over a lot more people. As it is they only anger a lot of people with the narrow view.
=====================================
If the Christian faith could drop the savage idea of Hell I think they could win over a lot more people. As it is they only anger a lot of people with the narrow view.
=====================================

What we know about eternal damnation came from the same Person who spoke so much about love, mercy, kindness, patience, long suffering, forgiveness.

This same Person also spoke to us about eternal damnation. It was not added on to His gracious words by others for added effect.

It is as though something so important was reserved by God to be taught by the Friend of Sinners Himself, Jesus, the Great Physician.

The doctrine of eternal punishment has its source in the One who died Himself for our sins and rose for our justification.

If we love the words of Jesus, we should learn to love ALL of His words.