1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 19:52
    Have you noticed that it's the Christian faith that get's all the grief around here ? Never do you hear someone going on about how the Buddhest are way out of line in their thinking. Same is true of the Hindu's. The muslems get their fair share of negative press, and rightfully so.
    The Buddhest seem pleasant, because they are not throwing people in Hell's for not being a Buddhest. Same is true of the Hindhu's. The thing that rubs people raw about the Christian faith is the see it our way or Burn for ever in the Pit doctrine that is bound to raise a ruckus.
    Something about that line of thinking is bound to irritate folks. The KKK has a similar way of thinking, and they are frowned upon all over the world.
    If the Christian faith could drop the savage idea of Hell I think they could win over a lot more people. As it is they only anger a lot of people with the narrow view.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 20:02
    Originally posted by buckky
    Have you noticed that it's the Christian faith that get's all the grief around here ? Never do you hear someone going on about how the Buddhest are way out of line in their thinking. Same is true of the Hindu's. The muslems get their fair share of negative press, and rightfully so.
    The Buddhest seem pleasant, because they are not throwing people in Hell's ...[text shortened]... win over a lot more people. As it is they only anger a lot of people with the narrow view.
    But it's true "The Truth shall set you free".
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 20:55
    Originally posted by daniel58
    But it's true "The Truth shall set you free".
    It can't be true. It flies in the face of logic. It fies in the face of goodness. It's primitive religious thought, and that's all it is.
  4. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 21:20
    True enough.

Although I have to say there are enough Christians that I know that claim something like:

"I believe in Jesus and that he died for our sins, However as a mere human we can not judge who goes to heaven and who doesn't"

Now I really can go with that.
    In fact secretly I hope they are wright :-)

However the people who anoy most of the Atheïsts or even other Christians claim something like this.

"Singing"
    I will go to heaven because I believe in Jesus,oh yeah oh yeah.
    Doesn't matter of I sin, he died for it. oh yeah oh yeah

And you will burn for eternity, oh yeah oh yeah
    Doesn't matter if your a good person, oh no oh no.

------------
    However I do not think you can blaim Christianity for having these people. I think that it is more their character.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 22:53
    Originally posted by MetBierOp
    True enough.

Although I have to say there are enough Christians that I know that claim something like:

"I believe in Jesus and that he died for our sins, However as a mere human we can not judge who goes to heaven and who doesn't"

Now I really can go with that.
    In fact secretly I hope they are wright :-)

However the people who anoy most of th ...[text shortened]... can blaim Christianity for having these people. I think that it is more their character.
    "Singing"
    I will go to heaven because I believe in Jesus,oh yeah oh yeah.
    Doesn't matter of I sin, he died for it. oh yeah oh yeah

And you will burn for eternity, oh yeah oh yeah
    Doesn't matter if your a good person, oh no oh no.

LOL, yes, the happy clappy ones, they are infinitely annoying, for one cannot reason with them, for their thoughts and ideas, are not based on reason, but on emotionalism.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 22:53
    It can't be true. It flies in the face of logic. It fies in the face of goodness. It's primitive religious thought, and that's all it is.
    Prove it, no, no, so, so
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:04
    The Buddhest seem pleasant, because they are not throwing people in Hell's ...[text shortened]... win over a lot more people. As it is they only anger a lot of people with the narrow view.
    It seems to be an ongoing problem on this site, Buckky.
    It seems that if those particurlar christians dont ease up then there will never be any fruitful debate with them. Which would be a shame,after all I reckon we all have to undertake a spiritual journey which begins with leaving dogma behind and asking some good questions.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It seems to be an ongoing problem on this site, Buckky.
    It seems that if those particurlar christians dont ease up then there will never be any fruitful debate with them. Which would be a shame,after all I reckon we all have to undertake a spiritual journey which begins with leaving dogma behind and asking some good questions.
    Well then what would you base it on?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:151 edit
    Well then what would you base it on?
    You mean why not base it on dogma? Oh dogmatic thought could be a fine starting point. Like with all things,take the good and leave the rest behind. Especially common sense.
    (is that what you meant?)
    edit:I mean take common sense,not leave it behind.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You mean why not base it on dogma? Oh dogmatic thought could be a fine starting point. Like with all things,take the good and leave the rest behind. Especially common sense.
    (is that what you meant?)
    edit:I mean take common sense,not leave it behind.
    Yes, but what did you mean by this then?

"after all I reckon we all have to undertake a spiritual journey which begins with leaving dogma behind and asking some good questions".
  11. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:26
    Prove it, no, no, so, so
    Prove I'm wrong.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:28
    Prove I'm wrong.
    You're saying the Truth can't be true, what more is there to prove?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:38
    Yes, but what did you mean by this then?

"after all I reckon we all have to undertake a spiritual journey which begins with leaving dogma behind and asking some good questions".
    It means what it says. 'Use your brain' ,could be added to that .
    I reckon you got to be an active player in spirituality. No good just sitting back and picking and choosing. ("hmm,should I type "JESUS IS GOD" on this post or that other one?)
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:57
    You're saying the Truth can't be true, what more is there to prove?
    I'm saying your Truth just might not be the real Truth. That is were the problem begins. One man is positive he has the Truth, and the next guy is convinced he has the Truth, and it goes round, and round like that untill you finally realize absolute Truth is beyond us at this stage of the game. We love to argue about it, don't we ?
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:16
    I'm saying your Truth just might not be the real Truth. That is were the problem begins. One man is positive he has the Truth, and the next guy is convinced he has the Truth, and it goes round, and round like that untill you finally realize absolute Truth is beyond us at this stage of the game. We love to argue about it, don't we ?
    Yes we do, but what if God reveals the Truth to us?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree