1. Not Kansas
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 04:05
    Originally posted by Canadaguy
    The problem is I like my bad thoughts. I like evil, and the dark side of the soul. But I'm a good person. Don't do any of the evil I think of. Is it possible to do evil for the greater good?
    Nonsense. It just means your true calling is as a reporter, investigative style.
    Look under some rocks and get paid'n'laid for doing it.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 07:06
    The problem is I like my bad thoughts. I like evil, and the dark side of the soul. But I'm a good person. Don't do any of the evil I think of. Is it possible to do evil for the greater good?
    walter mitty devil?
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 19:37
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Nonsense. It just means your true calling is as a reporter, investigative style.
    Look under some rocks and get paid'n'laid for doing it.
    Left wing of course....cnn,etc.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 19:43
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    well one may not be able to stop them, but the instant they come to my mind I try to get rid of it, I also believe in staying away as much as possable to things that will tempt us to dwell on these thoughts, I dont have a TV, I try not to look at the magazine racks at the stores, etc. I have a very tough time doing the "pre-emptive" fight, and I fail lo ...[text shortened]... it is worth the Joy and sastifaction knowing that Im not just repelling the devil, Im attacking.
    good answer and I am in total agreement...I am getting rid of bad thoughts by changing my mind and thinking of something else....also retaining and retemorizing scripture is a big help....I replace unwanted thoughts with scripture....I fail many times too, but less and less every day, as I turn it over to the Lord.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 19:56
    Originally posted by checkbaitor
    good answer and I am in total agreement...I am getting rid of bad thoughts by changing my mind and thinking of something else....also retaining and retemorizing scripture is a big help....I replace unwanted thoughts with scripture....I fail many times too, but less and less every day, as I turn it over to the Lord.
    That creates a very funny image of you standing on a beach reciting 1 Corinthians 6:18 every time a pretty young lady in a bikini walks by.
  6. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 20:16
    I think you need to clarify "bad thoughts". There's a wide range and variety of bad thoughts, some worse than others. Just saying bad thoughts can leave the imagination open to anything from killing and torturing small children to sexually ellicit fantasies. Some bad thoughts would require a little more than reading scripture and might need some serious counciling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree