1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 13:04
    If God allows us free will then why would baptism make a difference ?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 16:07
    Originally posted by STANG
    It did; it doesn't now.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 17:16
    Baptism is crap !

You are just full of it today, STANG. 😛 Your question doesn't follow your premise. If we have free will, then we can choose to be baptised -- how does this constitute cr@p?
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 18:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Forgotten
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 19:17
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Don't...just let him be. Stang's like a tooth. If you ignore it long enough, it'll go away. Every reply to him lengthens the amount of time he will inflict himself on us.
    Damn these sado-machositic tendencies of mine.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 21:10
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]Baptism is crap !

You are just full of it today, STANG. 😛 Your question doesn't follow your premise. If we have free will, then we can choose to be baptised -- how does this constitute cr@p?[/b]
    But why would you ?
  7. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 22:12
    But why would you ?
    I have never been baptised, Baptism dont save you, its just a symbol to show everyone that you been saved, just like marching in protest againts our goverment is a symbol that you dislike our goverment.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 22:19
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I have never been baptised, Baptism dont save you, its just a symbol to show everyone that you been saved, just like marching in protest againts our goverment is a symbol that you dislike our goverment.
    You are speaking of "water baptism" ( I hope).....True Baptism is being "immersed in Holy Spirit"...This is required.

Acts 1:4-5
    4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;
    5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
    (NKJ)
  9. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 22:40
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You are speaking of "water baptism" ( I hope).....True Baptism is being "immersed in Holy Spirit"...This is required.

Acts 1:4-5
    4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;
    5 "for John truly baptized with water,[b] but
    you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
    (NKJ)[/b]
    Yea Sorry, Im talking about water babtism, which I am assuming is what Stang is talking about
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 23:41
    So John was wasting his time ?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 02:42
    So John was wasting his time ?
    No. He did his job. He was like a little light paving the way for the Light of the World.
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 14:30
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Don't...just let him be. Stang's like a tooth. If you ignore it long enough, it'll go away. Every reply to him lengthens the amount of time he will inflict himself on us.
    I'm starting to think that these are the most profound words on this thread.
  13. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 18:19
    it makes a difference because after baptism, you are wetter(?) than before you were baptised
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 07:54
    Originally posted by i am scientists
    it makes a difference because after baptism, you are wetter(?) than before you were baptised
    I saw a baptism once. I didn't realise that the church had a swimming pool under its stage. The fellow walked down some stairs into the pool but tripped over on the way back out. He was not only wetter but also sore.
  15. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 16:48
    I saw a baptism once. I didn't realise that the church had a swimming pool under its stage. The fellow walked down some stairs into the pool but tripped over on the way back out. He was not only wetter but also sore.
    sore from falling over, or sore from the knowledge that he had just made the biggest mistake of his life?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree