1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52616
    21 Jan '15 17:39
    So maybe this god was talking about increasing the population with the fruitful part but 'multiply'? Sounds like the first math lesson.

    First we multiply, then learned to divide, add, subtract, and then went nuts and learned stuff like square roots and such.

    A whole scientific discipline growing up from that one directive, multiply!
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    94089
    21 Jan '15 17:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So maybe this god was talking about increasing the population with the fruitful part but 'multiply'? Sounds like the first math lesson.

    First we multiply, then learned to divide, add, subtract, and then went nuts and learned stuff like square roots and such.

    A whole scientific discipline growing up from that one directive, multiply!
    Was science even involved in that "equation"?
  3. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Jan '15 17:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So maybe this god was talking about increasing the population with the fruitful part but 'multiply'? Sounds like the first math lesson.

    First we multiply, then learned to divide, add, subtract, and then went nuts and learned stuff like square roots and such.

    A whole scientific discipline growing up from that one directive, multiply!
    I have to point out that it was written in Hebrew and might have had a rather different meaning.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52616
    21 Jan '15 18:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have to point out that it was written in Hebrew and might have had a rather different meaning.
    Picky PickyπŸ™‚
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Jan '15 18:451 edit
    It would ease things a lot if there was a NT piece that said when you get to 1000,000,000 you need to ease off and wear condoms. Including you Catholic idiots.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35523
    21 Jan '15 19:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It would ease things a lot if there was a NT piece that said when you get to 1000,000,000 you need to ease off and wear condoms. Including you Catholic idiots.
    You know, we're made in the image of God.

    This assumes that we must be intelligent and that we would have figured out the connection between sex and more people on the planet by now.

    The Bible doesn't have to tell us something so obvious that anyone can figure it out.

    But then, there are always the fundamentalists that stay really busy screwing things up for the rest of us.
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Jan '15 19:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It would ease things a lot if there was a NT piece that said when you get to 1000,000,000 you need to ease off and wear condoms. Including you Catholic idiots.
    Actually most Catholics in developed countries are using some sort or birth control. I believe it wasn't just the Catholics that discouraged condoms in Africa. Whatever Catholics preach, the majority of people have less children for reasons other than religious ones. I believe the largest factors are:
    Child mortality - or perceived child mortality.
    Mother education.
    Availability of birth control.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91589
    21 Jan '15 21:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So maybe this god was talking about increasing the population with the fruitful part but 'multiply'? Sounds like the first math lesson.

    First we multiply, then learned to divide, add, subtract, and then went nuts and learned stuff like square roots and such.

    A whole scientific discipline growing up from that one directive, multiply!
    You got any other ideas or evidence that would fit in with this idea (first math problem idea) ?
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    44172
    21 Jan '15 22:06
    Could that serpent in eden have been an Adder? πŸ™‚
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    22 Jan '15 09:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know, we're made in the image of God.

    This assumes that we must be intelligent .
    Given your premise "we're made in the image of God"

    How does your conclusion "we must be intelligent " follow?


    Why do you assume your god is intelligent?

    If he exists everything points to him being stupid.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14577
    22 Jan '15 09:45
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Could that serpent in eden have been an Adder? πŸ™‚
    No, it was the Great Divider 😞😏
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52616
    22 Jan '15 12:30
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    No, it was the Great Divider 😞😏
    Especially when you factor in all the variables that were going on ATT.
  13. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    44172
    22 Jan '15 12:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Especially when you factor in all the variables that were going on ATT.
    I don't think god achieved successful integration with Adam and Eve, he failed to differentiate between the sexes achieving a small fraction of his aims.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Jan '15 20:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne

    The Bible doesn't have to tell us something so obvious that anyone can figure it out.

    Thou shalt not kill.

    πŸ™„
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35523
    23 Jan '15 21:51
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Thou shalt not kill.

    πŸ™„
    Yes, especially considering that the word is murder, not kill.

    The only reason God made Moses write down all His rules (not just the first ten, but all 600+ ) was because humans are notoriously stubborn. You know some of their lawyers spent years looking for loopholes (billable hours, don't you know).
Back to Top