1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 01:43
    There is no D flat minor. All the chords are Tonic, Subdominant, and Dominant in a Major key.

Of course for color's sake I suppose you could use a minor chord in the Submedient or Mediant. But it really isn't necessary.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'll gladly join the 'shallow' group on this one.

Somber threats of permanently-shut gates, hopeless doom, death and judgment, losing one's soul in hell? Seriously, now. That sounds as morbid as a horror flick. Is this what you call 'love'?

Warped and twisted, indeed.
    It is not up to a single Hymn to cover all theological angles of the teaching of the New Testament. It is perfectly customary to FOCUS on one aspect.

The aspect focused on in this particular gospel hymn is the danger of delaying and procrastinating. The fact of the matter is that we are not promised even to make it home tonight alive. You nor I know for certain our last moment of life.

Be In Time is about consequences. I know that some of you think there should be no consequences to a life of sin. And I know some of you think that it is unfair of a righteous God to warn of consequences and delaying.

On the cross Christ suffered all the gloom and condemnation and judgment on our behalf so that we need not suffer any. You show no thankfulness concerning this. And you expect that a loving God would just let you continue sinning and damaging the lives of others and yourselves indefinitely.

Rather than His delaying causing some people to be softer in their hearts towards His love, it seems to have the effect of hardening some more and more.

You should consider that effect of accumulating more and more rationals as to why you should not be saved. You should consider that your heart could grow harder and harder towards Christ. You could damage your conscience with this proud stubborness.

"Or do you despise the riches of His kindness and forebearance and longsuffering, not knowing that God's kindness is leading you to repentence?

But according to your hardness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God..." (Rom. 2:4,5)
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 02:07
    Originally posted by serigado
    No it doesn't. You don't play diminished chords through the whole music. They're mainly used to make transitions between different tones in more complex musics. Resolving to Dbm7? Why not to Bm7 to make the key a lot more simple? But I prefer to end it in a 7M.

I'd bet in a C F G or Dm Am E for the casual religious listener to grasp the melody at first. Religious guys tend not to be very eclectic, musically speaking.
    The song sounds fine just using C F and G in the key of C Major.

I take back that the D minor does anything at all for the tune. I just tried it and it doesn't work.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 02:182 edits
    Some of you would not delay in submitting a resume to a particular job.

Some of you would be aware of time in traveling to an amusement event such as a movie, play, or concert.

Some of you would be wary of tardiness in getting to work on time.

But when something as important as your eternal salvation is concerned you consider it sport to blame God for threats. Why? Isn't your salvation important too?

You are wary of the element of TIME with other aspects of your life. Why should you consider it trivial that you really know not when your last opportunity to be saved by Jesus will come.

A tiny blood vessel could break in your brain and you die. But you fearlessly mock someone who presents a Gospel Hymn to you stressing the importance of being in time.

"If in sin you longer wait, you may find no open gate, And your cry just come too late: Be in Time"

Is it wise for you to mock such a warning? Is it wise for you consider such a warning trivial?

One very rich Queen uttered on her death bed "All my possessions for a moment of time."

I read this in a book called "Voices from the Edge of Eternity" about the last moments of some famous people.

Anyway, we should supplement our ignorance about how much time we have with taking the opportunity to be reconciled to God while we have opportunity. You don't know when your last chance to receive the Lord Jesus as your Savior will occur.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 02:20
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'll gladly join the 'shallow' group on this one.

Somber threats of permanently-shut gates, hopeless doom, death and judgment, losing one's soul in hell? Seriously, now. That sounds as morbid as a horror flick. Is this what you call 'love'?

Warped and twisted, indeed.
    With "love" like that, who needs "hate?"
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 02:241 edit
    Great quote by philosopher Raymond Smullyan (I'm paraphrasing): Any god who would send a man to hell for an eternity cannot be trusted on any matter whatsoever.

(BTW, I'm a Christian who doesn't believe that God puts an expiration date on when a person can be saved.)
  7. Gangster Land
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Some of you would not delay in submitting a resume to a particular job.

Some of you would be aware of time in traveling to an amusement event such as a movie, play, or concert.

Some of you would be wary of tardiness in getting to work on time.

But when something as important as your eternal salvation is concerned you consider it sport to blame Go ...[text shortened]... ou don't know when your last chance to receive the Lord Jesus as your Savior will occur.
    Yeah, well...jobs, entertainment and work are real. Pretend things tend to get put on the back burner.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:08
    The song sounds fine just using C F and G in the key of C Major.
    How did serigado guess? Absolutely hilarious!
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:08
    ============================
    Yeah, well...jobs, entertainment and work are real. Pretend things tend to get put on the back burner.
    ============================

Pretend things like the people you screw over and hurt - pretend things.
  10. Gangster Land
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:11

Pretend things like the people you screw over and hurt - pretend things.
    uhh...I don't screw over or hurt people...I'm a "not theist".
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:11
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    With "love" like that, who needs "hate?"
    There are thousands of songs on the Love of God.

For this post I chose one on the Subject of the Gospel and Being in Time.

Would you like me to include a song focusing in on God's love?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:151 edit
    uhh...I don't screw over or hurt people...I'm a "not theist".

Sure you don't. No one on earth recalls ever having any complaint against you. No one at all. As far back as you can remember everyone has only been continuously pleased to the maximun amount with every word and deed you ever directed toward them or anybody.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 03:18
    ====================
    How did serigado guess? Absolutely hilarious!
    ====================

Laugh harder !
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 04:17
    As a Christian who believes in the infinite mercy and grace of God, I disagree with the theological message of the song:

"You may find no open gate...And your cry may be too late."

"Lest you seal your hopeless doom"

"Your soul in hell be lost."

I believe that God's love is irresistible,and that all will eventually come to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 04:26
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    As a Christian who believes in the infinite mercy and grace of God, I disagree with the theological message of the song:

"You may find no open gate...And your cry may be too late."

"Lest you seal your hopeless doom"

"Your soul in hell be lost."

I believe that God's love is irresistible,and that all will eventually come to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.
    But if all will eventually choose to recieve God then do we really have free will? Put another way, if you were in a loving relationship and you knew that the person in question must recipricate your affections at some point, are you really in a mutually loving relationship? Is not the criterea for having a mutually loving relationship having the ability to accept or reject the other?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree