1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 19:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is surely a point to be made in favour of saving lives with blood transfusions rather than a point in favour of banning it.
    Blood transfusions are at best a brief extension of our life.
    The only blood that will bring us everlasting life is the shed blood of Christ Jesus.
    God's prohibition on blood, setting it aside as something special, started with Noah and his family. Genesis 9:3-5 says, "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you....Only flesh with its blood you must not eat. Besides that, I will demand an accounting for your lifeblood....'
    If you believe the Bible, all of mankind are descended from Noah and his family, therefore this prohibition was placed on the entire human race.
    We are all accountable.
    Just as with Adam and Eve we can choose to respect that command or not.
    God gave us free will. It's up to us to use it correctly or not.
    Hopefully we will not make the same mistake Adam and Eve made.
    For more free information about the Bible see www.jw.org
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 19:35
    Originally posted by roigam
    I have no knowledge of how anyone treated BR.
    Have you not read beauroberts posts in this thread?

You know it's funny, but suddenly you remind me of someone...
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 22:17
    So when my wife ended one a few years ago you feel it would have been if I'd have let her die as obviously the "brief extension to her life" is not of any value?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 23:14
    The only blood that will bring us everlasting life is the shed blood of Christ Jesus.
    God's prohibition on blood, setting it aside as something special, started with Noah and his family. Genesis 9:3-5 says, "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you....Only flesh with its blood ...[text shortened]... ke the same mistake Adam and Eve made.
    I accept that you don't personally want to have blood transfusions because of your own superstitions ~ I get that, I really do ~ but you are unable to show how a ban on them is scriptural or even in accordance with Christian principle. If you can find some verses that are not about eating animals, about consuming animal blood or about blood sacrifice and instead show us some verses that ban life saving blood transfusions, then share these with us, rather than your personal mystical and paganism-tinged thoughts about blood.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 23:16
    This is surely a point to be made in favour of saving lives with blood transfusions rather than a point in favour of banning it. Nobody claims that life saving blood transfusions will bring people everlasting life.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 23:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have a growing suspicion that riogam is a closet Jehovah's Witness. I have confronted hi on this more than once but he/she seems disinclined to respond.
    Do you think that maybe he needs to wear a yellow star on his person so that it's obvious to everyone "what he is"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 23:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you think that maybe he needs to wear a yellow star on his person so that it's obvious to everyone "what he is"?
    You are comparing divegeester's comments on this thread to the Nazis treatment of the Jews in the 1930's and 1940s?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '14 12:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I find your comment ridiculous and offensive.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '14 12:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are comparing divegeester's comments on this thread to the Nazis treatment of the Jews in the 1930's and 1940s?
    Obviously she is; I will now have to add "nazi" to the growing list of abuse I'm having to endure from the so called Christians here.

And for what did I deserve that particular punch? Pressing riogam on clarity of his beliefs. He is here in this thread back handedly calling beauroberts a liar and yet I'm the "nazi" for questioning him.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '14 13:07
    Obviously she is; I will now have to add "nazi" to the growing list of abuse I'm having to endure from the so called Christians here.

And for what did I deserve that particular punch? Pressing riogam on clarity of his beliefs. He is here in this thread back handedly calling beauroberts a liar and yet I'm the "nazi" for questioning him.
    If she has a forum philosophy at all, it might be 'I am as randomly and as dementedly scathing as I can be, therefore I am.' 😉
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 15:36
    It's a shame this user never returned to the forum; as a JW he briefly brought a refreshingly honest perspective which you will immediately notice in quick scan through his posts. I suspect he was "shut down". He's still at RHP though.

@beauroberts
    Dear Beauroberts,

I trust you are doing well and recovering from your disfellowshipment from the Jehovah's Witness, in fact I hope you are enjoying your liberation!

My point in bumping this thread is straightforward; please come back as you were the only JW we've met in this forum who does the religion any credit whatsoever.

That is all.

🙂
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 15:52
    God's prohibition on blood, setting it aside as something special, started with Noah and his family. Genesis 9:3-5 says, "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you....Only flesh with its blood ...[text shortened]... ke the same mistake Adam and Eve made.
    "Blood transfusions are at best a brief extension of our life."

That, at best, is an after-the-fact rationalization. The commandment need not have any such rationale, it and all such is to be accepted without need for being 'made OK.'

That's at best. Devaluing the extension of mortal life devalues mortal life life itself.

I'm sure you didn't come to accept the command based on accepting the rationale given here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree