1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 14:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think you're right. I think an analogy about predicting the moon is not made of cheese is way off.
    I erred in my grammar. What I meant to say was "Predicting that Israel would not be a nation of Christians is like predicting the moon is not made of cheese."
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 14:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I erred in my grammar. What I meant to say was "Predicting that Israel would not be a nation of Christians is like predicting the moon is not made of cheese."
    I still think it's too fatuous to be an effective analogy.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 18:304 edits
    That said, oral histories were very important in early times. I do not doubt the existance of Jesus the man. However, claiming that because there is some document stating he rose from a grave.... Well that is just fiction.

For centries the Jews set aside the 7th day of the week as a holy day - the Sabbath. This was a very strong tradition which they adhered to dilegently since the time of Moses. Their sacred text of the Torah commanded it.

Shortly after the execution of Jesus, for some reason, thousands of Jews began to change their main gathering worship time to the first day of the new week (aka Sunday). These thousands of Jerusalem Jews refered to this day as "the Lord's day." They regarded it as the day Jesus rose from the dead.

Do you have a good alternative explanation why such a strong tradition of Saturday Sabbath keeping was suddenly altered by a sizable number of Jews in Jerusalem ? What do you think made them alter their rock solid tradition so suddenly in favor of meeting instead on "the Lord's day" - aka "Sunday" the first day of the new week ?

This is a question about history.
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 18:51
    Originally posted by sonship
    That said, oral histories were very important in early times. I do not doubt the existance of Jesus the man. However, claiming that because there is some document stating he rose from a grave.... Well that is just fiction.

For centries the Jews set aside the 7th day of the week as a holy day - the Sabbath. This was a very strong traditio ...[text shortened]... " - aka "Sunday" the first day of the new week ?

This is a question about history.
    How do you know they changed the day? I am not arguing that they didn't, just interested in your source.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 19:11
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Does this face cloth have his name tag on it? If not, how do you know it once belonged to a supposed god?

The grave has a headstone perchance? No? Anything else that might suggest it once housed a dead god?

Anything to suggest the burial cloth was ever in contact with a dead god rather than just a dead human?
    Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

(1 Corinthians 3:18-20 NKJV)
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Many, many Jews will convert to Christianity during the Great Tribulation which comes before the second coming of Christ. Otherwise the AntiChrist just might succeed in his desire to eliminate all Christians from the earth.

But true, I can accept that it will take Christ returning as a warrior-messiah to convince "most" Jews. This will be the Messiah they have been waiting for.
    In Matthew's gospel Jesus is reported to have said, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

My understanding of it is that Christ will not return to the Jews and Jerusalem until He is welcomed and acknowledged for who He really is by them instead of rejecting Him like they did the first time.
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 19:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In Matthew's gospel Jesus is reported to have said, [b] “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more ...[text shortened]... cknowledged for who He really is by them instead of rejecting Him like they did the first time.
    So therefore then, according to you and Bible prophesy,

He will not return as a lamb but as the lion of Judea.

If he comes at the end of the world to judge everyone,
    Where will he arrive if not Jerusalem?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 20:05
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    So therefore then, according to you and Bible prophesy,

He will not return as a lamb but as the lion of Judea.

If he comes at the end of the world to judge everyone,
    Where will he arrive if not Jerusalem?
    Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
    And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
    For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
    The city shall be taken,
    The houses rifled,
    And the women ravished.
    Half of the city shall go into captivity,
    But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth
    And fight against those nations,
    As He fights in the day of battle.
    And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
    Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
    And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
    From east to west,
    Making a very large valley;
    Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
    And half of it toward the south.
    Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
    For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
    Yes, you shall flee
    As you fled from the earthquake
    In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,
    And all the saints with You.

It shall come to pass in that day
    That there will be no light;
    The lights will diminish.
    It shall be one day
    Which is known to the Lord—
    Neither day nor night.
    But at evening time it shall happen
    That it will be light.

And in that day it shall be
    That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
    Half of them toward the eastern sea
    And half of them toward the western sea;
    In both summer and winter it shall occur.
    And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
    In that day it shall be—
    “The Lord is one,”
    And His name one.

(Zechariah 14:1-9 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 03:352 edits
    [b]Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
    And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
    For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
    The city shall be taken,
    The houses rifled,
    And the women ravished.
    Half of the city shall go into captivity,
    But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go f ...[text shortened]... s name one.

(Zechariah 14:1-9 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    Now that is powerful and good stuff....Jesus will place His feet on the mount of Olives and it will split in two

PS: we don't always agree but in this we surely do as Jesus lays a beat down on His enemies even so Amen and Amen

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 17:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    Now that is powerful and good stuff....Jesus will place His feet on the mount of Olives and it will split in two

PS: we don't always agree but in this we surely do as Jesus lays a beat down on His enemies even so Amen and Amen

Manny
    So you really think this is literal? Will you be there in person to see this happen and if so how will all who survive to that point, be there? Not a very big area....
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 05:141 edit
    Not sure how or where but it seems to be before God makes a new heavens and earth but anyway I do take it as literal. In Acts 1:9 reads as follows

The Ascension www.biblegateway.com

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11 They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Just on the basis of this bit of scripture alone I think it is literal. What is the point of the two men in white saying that this Jesus will return in the same way as you have watched him go...? It does not follow or make logical sense otherwise. When you couple this with Zachariah it's kinda of hard to refute.

Manny

PS: as far as the mechanics of how I have no clue G-man but it's possible as God created the whole universe from nothing but a command
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 06:00
    Not sure how or where but it seems to be before God makes a new heavens and earth but anyway I do take it as literal. In Acts 1:9 reads as follows

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into ...[text shortened]... e no clue G-man but it's possible as God created the whole universe from nothing but a command
    Actually the where is important it's the Mount of Olives just on the east of Jerusalem

Manny
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '13 19:451 edit

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into e no clue G-man but it's possible as God created the whole universe from nothing but a command
    I have a couple questions to ask to you.

This line in this scripture is very important in figuring this out:
    "This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Why is this said in this way? Any ideas?
    Was Jesus flesh or a spirit at this time? Remember the Bible says "that flesh and blood cannot inherit heaven"
    Another point to consider if your really interested is who saw him leave and why were there angels there?
    Why did this have to be explained to them at all by the angels?

It is important to understand these things as they were said this way for a reason.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 21:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I have a couple questions to ask to you.

This line in this scripture is very important in figuring this out:
    "This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Why is this said in this way? Any ideas?
    Was Jesus flesh or a spirit at this time? Remember the Bible sa ...[text shortened]... gels?

It is important to understand these things as they were said this way for a reason.
    Have you gotten amnesia again? I have already answered this before. Christ pointed out to His disciples that He had risen in "flesh and bone" and not "flesh and blood" for He had gave his blood for a ransom for all. There is no prohibition against "flesh and bone" in heaven since He was resurrected in a glorified body. We are also looking to be resurrected in a glorified body at the resurrection of the believers in Christ.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '13 22:44
    Have you gotten amnesia again? I have already answered this before. Christ pointed out to His disciples that He had risen in "flesh and bone" and not "flesh and blood" for He had gave his blood for a ransom for all. There is no prohibition against "flesh and bone" in heaven since He was resurrected in a glorified body. We are also looking to be resurrected in a glorified body at the resurrection of the believers in Christ.
    I do not have amnesia at all my friend. Your "opinions" carry no weight and I am not interested in them at all as most here will agree as they are not interested either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree