28 Feb '14 23:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 00:472 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    The point is we have no problem with believing god exists. When it's made clear that he indeed exists we will accept that without a problem. We have no problem changing our viewpoints when there's a good reason to do so.

Why is the act of believing that God exists so important?

I am willing to understand why it would be "required" to believe tha ...[text shortened]... he issue.

Why is it so important that we believe he exists instead of knowing?
    The reason that it is important to have faith in God, notice that I did not say that they simply believes that he exists, is that he changes you. Conversely, you in no way change God.

I've known many that have been changed, and the outward manifestation is apparent to all.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 09:581 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    The reason that it is important to have faith in God, notice that I did not say that they simply believes that he exists, is that he changes you. Conversely, you in no way change God.

I've known many that have been changed, and the outward manifestation is apparent to all.
    Some would say that it is the FAITH which changes people, not God. The obvious evidence ("outward manifestation" ) for that is that people are changed who believe in (or have faith in) gods which do not exist.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 10:19
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Some would say that it is the FAITH which changes people, not God. The obvious evidence ("outward manifestation" ) for that is that people are changed who believe in (or have faith in) gods which do not exist.
    It is the FAITH in God that you BELIEVE exists.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 13:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is the FAITH in God that you BELIEVE exists.
    And 3 billion believers is not going to create a non-existent god. Your god is 100% man made and you cannot prove otherwise.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 21:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And 3 billion believers is not going to create a non-existent god. Your god is 100% man made and you cannot prove otherwise.
    I don't have to prove anything to you. All I have to do is BELIEVE and have FAITH in my LORD and SAVIOR.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 18:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't have to prove anything to you. All I have to do is BELIEVE and have FAITH in my LORD and SAVIOR.
    So all you have to do is BELIEVE strong enough and you and your buddies will Evolve a god?
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 14:07
    Great King Rat,
    One good reason to believe in God without knowing it with our 5 senses is that the God of the bible wants us by faith to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior.

By faith we have to accept Jesus, not by sight. We are not given evidence of God Himself. We are given the earth, the people, the plants. the animals, water, and the rest of the universe to see, hear, smell, taste, and touch.

For whatever reasons, the God of the bible will not tell us all directly. It is by faith.

Secondly, it is important to believe by faith because not believing has eternal consequences. Prepare for a future that you and I don't know all about. If you prepare for the future of what might happen on the earth, then preparing for our eternity of things we don't know is simply the same.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 14:09
    RJHinds,
    What man or men have ever created something from nothing. Have men created the earth, or animals, or people, or plants, or stars, or space.

Where is this creation by man?

So, doesn't that speak something to you about God's existence?
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 14:13
    Duchess,
    If we just believe in God. We have not put faith in anything that offers for eternity. Believing in God is just a start. More is needed.

What does God offer us for eternal existence? Do you not want more?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '14 09:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Aren't we all?
    Of the Meds and back in action.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree