1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 04:49
    Originally posted by telerion
    Darfius, the fact that you are struggling in your walk is plain to see to anyone who knows a thing or two about born-again xtianity (and I do, despite your incredulity).

Don't you think your time would be better spent in communication with Jesus than writing condescending posts?

All I said was that I think a lot of xtian leaders are the same. It ...[text shortened]... ere is no reality in their words, just a lot of followers looking for something to believe in.
    *sigh*

You're the expert on condescension, telerion. I am 100% sure that God exists. My faith in Him may waver at times, but it will NEVER disappear. I've studied His word and His evidence using all of the intelligence He gave me, and my faith is unshakeable.

I wasn't being condescending, telerion. I have a genuine concern for the hatred you show the born-agains here. It's as if you have a vendetta against us. Is it because you missed what you lost? You can get it back at any time, tel. Just come back to Him.

Grace be upon you from the Lord Jesus Christ.
  2. England
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 11:05
    as someone from a land that has never heard of this man, thought you lot were talking about the late Benny Hill. But these tv evangelists always make me cringe as a christian, tho i thought they had almost disapeared untill now, but if he says he is here to finish Jesus work? antichrist comes to mind with the term he will gain power by flattery not given by the grace of god. Still he could just be someone wanting to make a good living by promises to the easy swayed,
  3. Standard memberMayharm
    the Mad
    Jupiter
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 12:31
    Originally posted by Darfius
    *sigh*

You're the expert on condescension, telerion. I am 100% sure that God exists. My faith in Him may waver at times, but it will NEVER disappear. I've studied His word and His evidence using all of the intelligence He gave me, and my faith is unshakeable.

I wasn't being condescending, telerion. I have a genuine concern for the hatred you s ...[text shortened]... back at any time, tel. Just come back to Him.

"My faith in Him may waver at times..."

For a moment there I thought you were going to show you actually had some ability at self-reflection...

"...and my faith is unshakeable."

But you didn't dissapoint us for long, in fact we get a bonus contradiction as well. 🙂

MÅ¥HÅRM
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 12:33
    Originally posted by stoker
    as someone from a land that has never heard of this man, thought you lot were talking about the late Benny Hill. But these tv evangelists always make me cringe as a christian, tho i thought they had almost disapeared untill now, but if he says he is here to finish Jesus work? antichrist comes to mind with the term he will gain power by flattery not given by t ...[text shortened]... d. Still he could just be someone wanting to make a good living by promises to the easy swayed,
    Benny Hill was the man. 🙁
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 15:07
    *sigh*

Not condescending? You're not doing a very hot job of convincing anyone by beginning like this.

I am 100% sure that God exists. My faith in Him may waver at times, but it will NEVER disappear.

You have a knack for contradiction. If you are 100% sure of something, then you hardly need faith to know it.

What you call "faith" is better termed "rationalization": to attribute (one's actions) to rational and creditable motives without analysis of true and especially unconscious motives. (Merriam-Webster).

I've studied His word and His evidence using all of the intelligence He gave me, and my faith is unshakeable.

Yes. I've come to see the standard of such "scholarship" by reading The Case for Faith. You are following in the footsteps of very successful rationalizers. Of course, you just started college. Maybe you will gain some critical thinking skills. There is still hope for you.

I wasn't being condescending, telerion. I have a genuine concern for the hatred you show the born-agains here. It's as if you have a vendetta against us. Is it because you missed what you lost? You can get it back at any time, tel. Just come back to Him.

A third beautiful example of self-contradiction. Stop lying to us. Stop lying to yourself.

BTW, I've told you several times already. I don't hate born-agains. I think the "born-again" superstition is silly. For this reason, I have no problems ridiculing such nonsense when a fundie comes on the boards to beat us over the head with it. You have no qualms badgering non-believers, yet I'm sure you don't think that you hate us.

It's as if you have a vendetta against us. Is it because you missed what you lost? You can get it back at any time, tel. Just come back to Him.

Well, the "born-again" cult did rob me of truth in my childhood, but no sense crying over spilled milk. I see no good reason to re-enter the intellectual stupor that is "born-again"-ism, but if I ever do, I still remember the "secret passwords." I'm pretty sure I've lead more people in that prayer than you ever will. Don't pout about it. As I once heard it said in your cult, "God doesn't drive parked cars."

Thanks. Well, back to not talking. Go ahead and shoot in a last few words, but reflect before you embarrass yourself again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree