Bertrand Russell's Son-in-Law: A Factual Clarification

Bertrand Russell's Son-in-Law: A Factual Clarification

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
08 Feb 14

Moves
09 Feb 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
This seems important.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Feb 14
2 edits

Tenacity and civility both matter; I appreciate your diligence in connecting one day with the next. Thank you, Duchess64...

"Lessons from Bertrand Russell – by way of his daughter. "Why I Am Not A Christian" Thread 157649
On her desire to share her faith with her father:" “I would have liked to convince my father that I had found what he had been looking for, the ineffable something he had longed for all his life. I would have liked to persuade him that the search for God does not have to be vain. But it was hopeless. He had known too many blind Christians, bleak moralists who sucked the joy from life and persecuted their opponents; he would never have been able to see the truth they were hiding… All I could do was trust him to God’s care, knowing that God loved him more than I did and would do what was best for him."
"For more of her story, you can find her book on Amazon." (final paragraph)

http://www.apologeticsreview.com/2012/02/18/lessons-from-bertrand-russell-by-way-of-his-daughter/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Tenacity and civility both matter; I appreciate your diligence in connecting one day with the next. Thank you, Duchess64...

[b]"Lessons from Bertrand Russell – by way of his daughter. "Why I Am Not A Christian" Thread 157649

On her desire to share her faith with her father:" [i]“I would have liked to convince my father that I had f ...[text shortened]... ttp://www.apologeticsreview.com/2012/02/18/lessons-from-bertrand-russell-by-way-of-his-daughter/[/b]
Jesus warns us to

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?"

(Matthew 7:15-16 NKJV)

These are false Christians that are after taking everything they can get from you. So keep alert and...

Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

(Ephesians 6:11 NASB)

Apparently Bertrand Russell fell victum to these schemes, as his daughter seems to be pointing out. Those thornbushes and thistles will leave you spiritually wounded.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 14
2 edits

It's common
for people to have more than one job in their lives, and being a Christian
pastor is more relevant than being a civil servant to this forum's discussion.

It shouldn't necessarily be.

Peter - a fisherman.
Matthew - a tax collector.
Luke - a physician
Paul - former rabbi making tents to support his team of co-workers

D

Moves
09 Feb 14

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Feb 14

I get it.

D

Moves
09 Feb 14

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Feb 14

" Indeed, Bertrand Russell had cordial, if not friendly, personal relations with many Christians." -Duchess64

Thanks for your in depth knowledge of Russell and his son in law. I'd be interested in reading more biographical detail.

D

Moves
02 Mar 14

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Mar 14

Duchess64 is thanked for Duchess64's contribution and subsequent referential support of the same.
In the future, it is hoped Duchess64 will cite Duchess64's sources simultaneous with Duchess64's claims in order for Duchess64's assertions to be considered in a fashion more scholarly than mere hearsay.
Duchess64 is hereby reinstated as a member in good standing with all manner of puff and stuff.
Harrumph.
Harrumph.

D

Moves
02 Mar 14
2 edits

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Mar 14

Alright, Duchess64, but FreakyKBH gots to warn Duchess64: Duchess64 asked for it...

As any entry-level anatomy student knows, the spleen's primary function in the human body is to act as a blood filter.
As has been pointed out to Duchess64 too numerous times to recall, FreakyKBH prefers to smoke without a filter, so Duchess64's hurtful side-ways jab here is totally without merit as well as merit-less and pain inducing.

And, as Duchess64 is also fully aware, FreakyKBH has a long-established policy of using a loofah--- decidedly NOT a lathe--- which FreakyKBH is accused of by Duchess64 in one of Duchess64's recent unseemly and garrulous posts.

While FreakyKBH agrees with Duchess64's accurate assessment of FreakyKBH's "self-evident" moral superiority, FreakyKBH nonetheless thanks Duchess64 for pointing out what FreakyKBH was too modest to draw attention to on FreakyKBH's behalf; namely, FreakyKBH is, indeed, self-evidently morally superior.

Such moral superiority precludes prejudice and hatred, even toward one with eccentric and self-absorbed behavior as Duchess64 has demonstrated on this forum.
FreakyKBH assumes Duchess64 has simply confused getting Duchess64's delicate protuberance in vertebrates tweaked with an emotional reaction on the part of FreakyKBH, whereas (as is clear to most other objective readers) FreakyKBH is obviously simply enjoying the sport afforded by Duchess64's pomposity.

D

Moves
03 Mar 14