Moves
    14 Aug '11 18:41
    TEXT 40

ajnas casraddadhanas ca
    samsayatma vinasyati
    nayam loko 'sti na paro
    na sukham samsayatmanah

SYNONYMS
    ajnah--fools who have no knowledge in standard scriptures; ca--and; asraddadhanah--without faith in revealed scriptures; ca--also; samsaya--doubts; atma--a person; vinasyati--falls back; na--never; ayam--this; lokah--world; asti--there is; na--neither; parah--next life; na--not; sukham--happiness; samsaya--doubtful; atmanah--of the person.

TRANSLATION
    The ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures do not attain God consciousness. For the doubting soul there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 19:50
    Originally posted by Dasa
    TEXT 40

ajnas casraddadhanas ca
    samsayatma vinasyati
    nayam loko 'sti na paro
    na sukham samsayatmanah

SYNONYMS
    ajnah--fools who have no knowledge in standard scriptures; ca--and; asraddadhanah--without faith in revealed scriptures; ca--also; samsaya--doubts; atma--a person; vinasyati--falls back; na--never; ayam--this; lokah--world; asti--there is ...[text shortened]... consciousness. For the doubting soul there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next.
    Are you an Australian or an Indian?
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 19:54
    TEXT 40

ajnas casraddadhanas ca
    samsayatma vinasyati
    nayam loko 'sti na paro
    na sukham samsayatmanah

SYNONYMS
    ajnah--fools who have no knowledge in standard scriptures; ca--and; asraddadhanah--without faith in revealed scriptures; ca--also; samsaya--doubts; atma--a person; vinasyati--falls back; na--never; ayam--this; lokah--world; asti--there is ...[text shortened]... consciousness. For the doubting soul there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next.
    the faithless person who doubts which 'revealed' scriptures?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 20:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you an Australian or an Indian?
    Australian.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 20:12
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    the faithless person who doubts which 'revealed' scriptures?
    God is one and therefore religion is one.

In this world there are thousands of pseudo religions.

However there is only one true bonafide religion.

That religion is the eternal and original religion described in the Vedas. (Vaisnavism)

The Vedas have been with mankind for eternity coming to mankind at the beginning of every new cosmic manifestation.

Religion cannot come along in recent times as it has done with Christianity Islam and Judaism for these are fabrications from the minds of unqualified unenlightened persons...........proof of that is that these new religions teach falsity.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 20:13
    Australian.
    How did you get involved in this Hindu stuff?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 20:53
    How did you get involved in this Hindu stuff?
    You know very well I do not get involved with (quote) Hindu stuff as you have said.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 20:551 edit
    You know very well I do not get involved with (quote) Hindu stuff as you have said.
    Reincarnation is Hindu stuff.

From Wikipedia on "Reincarnation":

This doctrine is a central tenet within the majority of Indian religious traditions, such as Hinduism, Jainism, and Sikhism; the Buddhist concept of rebirth is also often referred to as reincarnation.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 23:58
    God is one and therefore religion is one.

In this world there are thousands of pseudo religions.

However there is only one true bonafide religion.

That religion is the eternal and original religion described in the Vedas. (Vaisnavism)

The Vedas have been with mankind for eternity coming to mankind at the beginning of every new cosmic manifestation. ...[text shortened]... alified unenlightened persons...........proof of that is that these new religions teach falsity.
    How is your vainism different from Hinduism?
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 00:23

This doctrine is a central tenet within the majority of Indian religious traditions, such as Hinduism, Jainism, and Sikhism; the Buddhist concept of rebirth is also often referred to as reincarnation.
    heaven and hell are hellenistic stuff.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 00:251 edit

Hinduism does not have a monopoly on reincarnation although it appears so.

The word Hinduism is a recent word concocted in recent times.

I separate myself from Hinduism because it carries with it many misunderstandings of true spiritualism.

True spiritualism is non sectarian and to qualify for true spiritualism you only need to be a human being.

Vaisnavism is the essence of true spirituality.

Hinduism is not.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 00:53
    Hinduism does not have a monopoly on reincarnation although it appears so.

The word Hinduism is a recent word concocted in recent times.

I separate myself from Hinduism because it carries with it many misunderstandings of true spiritualism.

True spiritualism is non sectarian and to qualify for true spiritualism you only need to be a human being.

Vaisnavism is the essence of true spirituality.

Hinduism is not.
    So is true spiritualism, you can just decide to be spiritual and you are spiritual. No middle men needed, no books of ancient wisdom. Only your own recognition of your own spiritual nature. I don't think you need to bend yourself in prayer to some god 10 times a day to be spiritual, just feel natural wonder all around you, that is all you need. Expand your mind to feel the universe. You are then spiritual. Forget the ancient wisdom and all the crap about humans being here for billions of years. That is just so much hogwash, dingo dung.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 03:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So is true spiritualism, you can just decide to be spiritual and you are spiritual. No middle men needed, no books of ancient wisdom. Only your own recognition of your own spiritual nature. I don't think you need to bend yourself in prayer to some god 10 times a day to be spiritual, just feel natural wonder all around you, that is all you need. Expand your ...[text shortened]... e crap about humans being here for billions of years. That is just so much hogwash, dingo dung.
    Every living thing is already spiritual.

Eternally spiritual and you cannot change that.

But if you don't recognize your spirituality then you will remain ignorant and will not pursue enlightment which is absolutely necessary to turn ignorance of God into realization of God and love of God.

If you love God right now with a pure heart and I don't mean a flimmzy idea of God through sentiment....... But the true cognition of the one and only true God then you don't need anything at all because you will go to God upon your death.

And leaving this temporary world of suffering and returning to God is the goal of religion.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 03:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So is true spiritualism, you can just decide to be spiritual and you are spiritual. No middle men needed, no books of ancient wisdom. Only your own recognition of your own spiritual nature. I don't think you need to bend yourself in prayer to some god 10 times a day to be spiritual, just feel natural wonder all around you, that is all you need. Expand your ...[text shortened]... e crap about humans being here for billions of years. That is just so much hogwash, dingo dung.
    If Dasa is right then, as I understand it, you don't have anything to
    worry about because you will just be reincarnated over and over again
    until you become a member of the Godhead. How wonderful it sounds.
    So if you don't want to believe now that is okay because you will have
    plenty of lives to live to get it right.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 04:492 edits
    If Dasa is right then, as I understand it, you don't have anything to
    worry about because you will just be reincarnated over and over again
    until you become a member of the Godhead. How wonderful it sounds.
    So if you don't want to believe now that is okay because you will have
    plenty of lives to live to get it right.
    Kind of like a subroutine in a large program getting lost in a side memory chip, then later getting reunited with the main megabyte program again, eh.

Humans are cosmic subroutines destined to be played over and over again till the program self realizes itself and joins the big picture.

Dasa, don't worry, I have just as much disdain for RJHinds brand of bullshyte too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree