1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 18:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This text is teaching about christian liberty from the OT law and is referring to other christians (not unbelivers) with a weaker conscience who feel unable to eat food sacrificed to idols for example. Another everyday example could be alcohol.

[b]The Bible nowhere teaches that vegetarianism should be adhered to, that is error.
    [/b]
    I know I would fell so weird eating if someone prayed to a idol of budda first.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 18:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It goes beyond just foods. If you smoke you shouldn't smoke around christians who are yuong in the faith and are trying to quit smoking as an example.
    I don't think a christian should smoke, but that's another fight.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 18:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I know I would fell so weird eating if someone prayed to a idol of budda first.
    I don't think the scripture is condoning sitting down and praying with someone to an idol before eating; it's more about buying and eating the burnt offerings which had been offered up to idols during the day - it was still edible food. It comes down to strength of conscience and faith that God is Lord of all the earth but clearly some folk at the time could not deal with it.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 18:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't think a christian should smoke, but that's another fight.
    I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree