Bible Study (Generosity)

Bible Study (Generosity)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apologist

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Right, I undestand that the receiver may be blessed.

But the verse says in very clear language that that reciever would be even more blessed by giving it away again. That is, one never maximizes ones blessings by accepting a gift. Thus in a rational society, no gifts will ever be accepted.
I believe I addressed the concept of 'chasing after' blessings.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
"Each man [b]should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

Can anybody tell me what is formally wrong with this command?[/b]
I've decided to give you crap.... cheerfully!

P

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Mar 05

I love the way Kirk and Nemesio abstain from this discussion. Heck, if the same message comes out of someone else's mouth, they just don't like it 😉

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
I love the way Kirk and Nemesio abstain from this discussion. Heck, if the same message comes out of someone else's mouth, they just don't like it 😉
I have intentionally avoided this discussion as I knew you would be unable to have a sensible discussion around the theme of "giving and receiving" without sexualizing it with me.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
I have intentionally avoided this discussion as I knew you would be unable to have a sensible discussion around the theme of "giving and receiving" without sexualizing it with me.

Kirk stands for sex here at RHP .... you know that. Aren't you proud of that ?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Kirk stands for sex here at RHP .... you know that. Aren't you proud of that ?
I am proud of everything I say here as I'm one of the few people that makes any sense. Others may be smarter, but I make sense.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
There is a difference between regurgitating an inane Bible Study lesson on generosity and living
a life of service.

As both Darfius and RBHILL think that it is their sole vocation to tell people about living Christ-like
lives and not living it themselves, I feel that this whole thread is nothing but a lie.

Nemesio

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
There is a difference between regurgitating an inane Bible Study lesson on generosity and living
a life of service.

As both Darfius and RBHILL think that it is their sole vocation to tell people about living Christ-like
lives and not living it themselves, I feel that this whole thread is nothing but a lie.

Nemesio
How who you know what me and Darfius do, you don't know if we have been to a homeless food shelt. And why would we tell you when God wants you to keep the work you do for him secret and not let people know so they don't praise you for the work. but I would turn around and say Praise God not me.
========================
I am not here to please anyone but God.

Galatians 1:10c
If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Knight

h8

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
How who you know what me and Darfius do, you don't know if we have been to a homeless food shelt. And why would we tell you when God wants you to keep the work you do for him secret and not let people know so they don't praise you for the work. but I would turn around and say Praise God not me.
========================
I am not here to please anyone but ...[text shortened]...

Galatians 1:10c
If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
I thought that every thing you did, you did for God ?
But if that is true, then what about the secrecy ?
If you are trying to keep your preaching secret then you are not doing a very good job. Still I would like - just for once - to praise you.

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Mar 05

Originally posted by kirksey957

You really do seem to have a problem with sex. Kinda disturbing that you claim to be a preacher. Did you use to be a catholic preacher ?