1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    06 Mar '10 23:34
    How does "God" tell us to worship him?

    Our worship must contain truthfullness.
    John 4:24 says to worship him with "spirit and truth".
    John 8:32.
    John 14:6.
    Eph 6:14.
    2Tim 2:5.

    He does not share worship with anyone.
    Nah 1:2 says he wants "exclusive" devotion.
    Num 25:10, 11.
    Jos 24:19.
    Ezek 5:13.
    Luke 4:8.

    How do we pray to him?
    Luke 11:2. Pray for his name "Jehovah" to be sanctfied.
    Matt 6:9-13. Pray for his Kingdom to come. Thanks for our material needs. Pray for forgiveness.
    John 14:6,14 is where "Jesus" says to pray thru him as no one comes to the Father "Jehovah" except thru him.
    James 5:16. Pray for one another.
    1John 5:14. Our prayers must be according to "his will".

    How do we not pray?
    Matt 6:5. Not in public for seeking attention, but privately.
    Matt. 6:7. Do not repeat prayers.
    Isaiah 42:8. Ps 115:4-8. Do not use graven images.

    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040915/article_02.htm
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    06 Mar '10 23:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    How does "God" tell us to worship him?

    Our worship must contain truthfullness.
    John 4:24 says to worship him with "spirit and truth".
    John 8:32.
    John 14:6.
    Eph 6:14.
    2Tim 2:5.

    He does not share worship with anyone.
    Nah 1:2 says he wants "exclusive" devotion.
    Num 25:10, 11.
    Jos 24:19.
    Ezek 5:13.
    Luke 4:8.

    How do we pray to him?
    Luke ...[text shortened]... . Do not use graven images.

    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040915/article_02.htm
    The Bible tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Do you do that. Do JWs believe in that. Or do they think that the Jews have been replaced by the Jehovah Witnesses?
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    07 Mar '10 01:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Bible tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Do you do that. Do JWs believe in that. Or do they think that the Jews have been replaced by the Jehovah Witnesses?
    The Jews have not been God's people since they refused to accept Jesus as the Messiah. Oh yeah, didn't they hand him over to the Romans to be executed?
  4. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    07 Mar '10 02:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Jews have not been God's people since they refused to accept Jesus as the Messiah. Oh yeah, didn't they hand him over to the Romans to be executed?
    SO the JWs removed the Jews and stick themselves in as Gods people.
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    07 Mar '10 02:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    SO the JWs removed the Jews and stick themselves in as Gods people.
    No Rajj..you are God's only chosen one. We all know it so we should all just give up I guess...
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140352
    07 Mar '10 05:53
    He does not share worship with anyone.
    Nah 1:2 says he wants "exclusive" devotion.
    Num 25:10, 11.
    Jos 24:19.
    Ezek 5:13.
    Luke 4:8.

    Except to the wifely organization ??

    Manny
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Mar '10 08:56
    Originally posted by menace71
    He does not share worship with anyone.
    Nah 1:2 says he wants "exclusive" devotion.
    Num 25:10, 11.
    Jos 24:19.
    Ezek 5:13.
    Luke 4:8.

    Except to the wifely organization ??

    Manny
    so i respect my father and now according to you i worship him - my that is a rather blatant twisting of words.
  8. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    07 Mar '10 12:121 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No Rajj..you are God's only chosen one. We all know it so we should all just give up I guess...
    Typical. You have not been able to give a satisfactory answer that makes sense to most of the questions posters have asked. And its not just me... ConrauK in particular spent several days and many pages of posts explaining some very simple concepts pertaining to the Catholic dogma and doctrine and yet you refused to understand. I have to say he got the prize in my book for patience and tolerance.

    Your ability to interpret and apply the teachings of the Bible is very limited. In addition when simple biblical concepts are explained to you with supporting verses you simply wave it away, and instead hold on the nonsense teachings of the JWs. There is something missing from the JWs ability to reason and to make logical conclusions. In the light of what Manny posted in another thread, it must be that JW in general cant think on their feet and when posed with questions from normal and reasonably intelligent Bible readers .... you clam up and just cant think.

    Why do you keep starting threads in which you appear to want to teach us of your doctrine but you dont have the intellectual capacity to do so? Maybe you should consider going back to the JW School of Indoctrination for a few years.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Mar '10 14:351 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Typical. You have not been able to give a satisfactory answer that makes sense to most of the questions posters have asked. And its not just me... ConrauK in particular spent several days and many pages of posts explaining some very simple concepts pertaining to the Catholic dogma and doctrine and yet you refused to understand. I have to say he got the prize ...[text shortened]... do so? Maybe you should consider going back to the JW School of Indoctrination for a few years.
    haha, from the noob that cannot even tell the difference between soul and spirit, nor truth from falsehood, ride on muppet man, you're doing us the biggest favour you can imagine, we really should thank you 🙂
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140352
    07 Mar '10 19:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so i respect my father and now according to you i worship him - my that is a rather blatant twisting of words.
    God commands as much to honor thy mother and father but we both know what is being said in the context of what was written in the Watchtower. There is no defense.
    According to what was written (we) the rest of us should just stop reading our bibles unless our understanding is brought through the lens of the "Organization" If it was not so tragic it would be comical. Actually it is comical. The "Organization" sounds kinda mafioso if you ask me. 🙂 So now you will not admit who the "Organization" is but God can shed His light through His written word without the "Organization" So it is irrelevant anyway. Lastly God does not call His people "The Organization" There are many names used but not that. It sounds kinda business like Oh that's because Russell was a business man. I have to admit at times you and G75 sound like clones. I do applaud you both for coming in to these forums but It's just ridiculous to think you both will not be challenged at every turn. If your elders found out you guys are always on here chatting with us Heathens Pagans and Apostates they might try to dis-fellowship you aren't you worried? Of course the God of the Universe may place a new thought into your mind through this.


    Your Apostate friend
    --Manny--
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Mar '10 21:223 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    God commands as much to honor thy mother and father but we both know what is being said in the context of what was written in the Watchtower. There is no defense.
    According to what was written (we) the rest of us should just stop reading our bibles unless our understanding is brought through the lens of the "Organization" If it was not so tragic it would b e a new thought into your mind through this.


    Your Apostate friend
    --Manny--
    you are not my friend, you were but not now, and i have pointed out, now for the third time that you are lying . Where does the watchtower magazine state that we should WORSHIP anything other than God, NOWHERE, showing respect and honour is not worshipping as you have slyly tried to asserted. Why should i be worried about lies? Is it not you that should be worried?

    (Revelation 22:15) . . .Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.’
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    08 Mar '10 02:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you are not my friend, you were but not now, and i have pointed out, now for the third time that you are lying . Where does the watchtower magazine state that we should WORSHIP anything other than God, NOWHERE, showing respect and honour is not worshipping as you have slyly tried to asserted. Why should i be worried about lies? Is it not you that ...[text shortened]... the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.’
    You know I've always liked Manny and I still do. But it seems he's letting Rajj or someone else get him stirred up more then usual. But Manny has always been a good person to discuss the Bible with even though he seems really angry now. I hope he comes back...
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Mar '10 12:424 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You know I've always liked Manny and I still do. But it seems he's letting Rajj or someone else get him stirred up more then usual. But Manny has always been a good person to discuss the Bible with even though he seems really angry now. I hope he comes back...
    yes you are correct Galvo, i somewhat regret the harsh tones that i have projected, but i cannot stomach this type of sly and insidious reasoning with its basis founded upon nothingness. I really wish i had your patient temperament but find myself a little too warlike for my own liking. 🙁

    Perhaps some pictures of the relief effort in Haiti may awaken some respect for what is a truly united brotherhood. Who can tell . (Needs adobe to view it)

    http://www.aleccorday.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Tin-Houses.pdf
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Mar '10 01:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Typical. You have not been able to give a satisfactory answer that makes sense to most of the questions posters have asked. And its not just me... ConrauK in particular spent several days and many pages of posts explaining some very simple concepts pertaining to the Catholic dogma and doctrine and yet you refused to understand. I have to say he got the prize ...[text shortened]... do so? Maybe you should consider going back to the JW School of Indoctrination for a few years.
    Why do you continially get shown the truth from the Bible and you don't see it????
  15. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Mar '10 02:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Bible tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Do you do that. Do JWs believe in that. Or do they think that the Jews have been replaced by the Jehovah Witnesses?
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/kn37/article_01.htm
Back to Top