1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 12:27
    http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/06/camel-bones-suggest-error-in-bible/

Oh no, errors in the bible? How can that be? Those words supposedly came from a god!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 17:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Oh no, errors in the bible? How can that be? Those words supposedly came from a god!
    A suggestion is not proof. That is only an opinion.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 19:53

Yikes, more damning fact from FOX news. Or is that a theory...
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 20:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yikes, more damning fact from FOX news. Or is that a theory...
    Fox news just reports, you decide.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 00:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Fox news just reports, you decide.
    Let's see, which way will that decision slide. Hmmm.....
  6. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 00:21

The error is not the bibles.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 18:06
    Originally posted by tim88
    The error is not the bibles.
    Like Patrick Sky said, its Infallibible. I guess you figure your god will come down and fix all the boo boo's mankind is making on the planet when we are down to a couple hundred people, everyone else exterminated by the crap we are putting the planet through, eh.

So if that happens, do you think your god will restore all the animals humans have driven to extinction also? Or are they so non-important as to not really needed on the planet?

When you god supposedly comes down with fire, not water, the next time, do all the animals die too?
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 01:56
    Like Patrick Sky said, its Infallibible. I guess you figure your god will come down and fix all the boo boo's mankind is making on the planet when we are down to a couple hundred people, everyone else exterminated by the crap we are putting the planet through, eh.

So if that happens, do you think your god will restore all the animals humans have driven t ...[text shortened]... n you god supposedly comes down with fire, not water, the next time, do all the animals die too?
    god's business with the animals is god's business not ours. animals can't read so there is no reason for the bible to mention whether or not animals are going to heaven. Yes i think god would restore all animals.
  9. rebel city
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 02:03
    god's business with the animals is god's business not ours. animals can't read so there is no reason for the bible to mention whether or not animals are going to heaven. Yes i think god would restore all animals.
    That's good to know, ooof what a relief! am so lucky to be a monkey, I will be restored!!
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 08:21
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    That's good to know, ooof what a relief! am so lucky to be a monkey, I will be restored!!
    If I were you, I would not put my faith in that.
  11. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 08:561 edit
    see sonhoues i am correct animals do go to heaven 🙂

Isaiah says God will include animals in the new heavens and new earth:
    "The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, says the LORD." (Isaiah 65: 25, NIV)

In the last book of the Bible, Revelation, the Apostle John’s vision of heaven also included animals, showing Christ and the armies of heaven "riding on white horses." (Revelation 19:14, NIV)
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 09:10
    see sonhoues i am correct animals do go to heaven 🙂

Isaiah says God will include animals in the new heavens and new earth:
    "The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, says the LORD." (Isaiah 65: 25, NIV)

In the last b ...[text shortened]... imals, showing Christ and the armies of heaven "riding on white horses." (Revelation 19:14, NIV)
    Nothing about monkeys, right?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 14:343 edits

So if that happens, do you think your god will restore all the animals humans have driven t ...[text shortened]... n you god supposedly comes down with fire, not water, the next time, do all the animals die too?
    When I was young, I saw an old black & white movie on TV, I believe it was called The Next Voice You Hear. It was about God coming on the radio, preempting all radio programs all over the world for days and talking to every person on the planet (everyone within earshot of a radio, anyways). Everyone heard God in their own native language, but the film audience never got to hear the voice (presumably, they didn't want to put words in the mouth of God). I found the premise fascinating, even at that young age. I think I was maybe 10 when I saw this movie.

According to Wikipedia, MGM made this film (in 1950, starring James Whitmore) for $733,000 and only made $668,000 on it, resulting in a net loss of $65,000.

Edit: More trivia: IMDb says this: "This is apparently one of only three films in which the MGM lion is not shown roaring at the start of the opening credits, probably because of the religious theme of the film. The only other known incidence of a non-roaring lion is Ben-Hur (1959), which also has a religious theme, and Westward the Women (1951). (The studio's 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) uses the illustrated lion from the MGM record label at its beginning, not a real lion, and so doesn't count.)"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree