1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 11:29
    I want to ask those who believe in "Creationism", as it is presented by the American fundamentalist Evangelicals, whether the Biblical Book of Genesis is a biology book or a theology book.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 22:074 edits
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    I want to ask those who believe in "Creationism", as it is presented by the American fundamentalist Evangelicals, whether the Biblical Book of Genesis is a biology book or a theology book.
    While they're at it those Evos who live by The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin could also indicate whether it is a science book or a world philosophy book.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 22:33
    Originally posted by jaywill
    While they're at it those Evos who live by [b]The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin could also indicate whether it is a science book or a world philosophy book.[/b]
    It's a science book.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 22:34
    You're presenting your question such that if someone said it was a science book, they'd be implying it was not a theology book - which of course all Creationists believe it's a theology book as well.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 00:31
    Of coarse it is not a science book, however, I would argue that it does not contradict science in any way.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 00:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Of coarse it is not a science book, however, I would argue that it does not contradict science in any way.
    That can only be true if you don't read it literally.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's a science book.
    Richard Dawkins is turning the theory of evolution into a full grown ideology.
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 21:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You're presenting your question such that if someone said it was a science book, they'd be implying it was not a theology book - which of course all Creationists believe it's a theology book as well.
    I wonder.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 21:28
    While they're at it those Evos who live by [b]The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin could also indicate whether it is a science book or a world philosophy book.[/b]
    Correct, Richard Dawkins is the high priest of this ideology ... and he has many devoted followers.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 21:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    ... then what's all the fuss about ?
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 21:50
    of course it is a philosophy book, it's based on faith....
  12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 07:33
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    of course it is a philosophy book, it's based on faith....
    Bunkum. same old tired nonsense

Have you ever looked at it?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 11:20
    Are you able to explain what you mean by that? I have recently read his book "The God delusion" and did not get that impression at all. What other books / writtings of his can you recommend which puts forward that view point?
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 22:08
    Er, this is simply not true. The Theory of Evolution can coexist with
    a theistic stance very easily. The only ideology that Dawkins espouses
    is an atheistic one, just like you endorse a theistic one.

Did you even read the God Delusion?

Nemesio
  15. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 03:11
    I think it is considered a book of law and history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree