1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 13:59
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    In Islam ther still a blood sacrifice. But it is not for the same purpose. It is not for every sin, and it is not for Adams sin. I don't know if you know that Muslims have two feasts. One if them is called the sacrifice feast. It is the same time when Muslims go for Meca to pilgrimage.

In that Feast every Muslim is asked to sacrifice a blood for himself ...[text shortened]... ntioned above the sacrifice is not something you pay to god. It simply some sort of charity.
    So Islam rejects the animal sacrifice to cover the sins of the people as stated in Mosaic law?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 14:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    So Islam rejects the animal sacrifice to cover the sins of the people as stated in Mosaic law?
    When Quran talks about Abraham Sacrifice for his son, it doesn't say it was for sin forgivness. It say it was a test from GOD to Abraham to test his Faith. And when he passed the test GOD give the sacrifice instead of his son.

So you see the concept is different from the begining not only from the starting from Islam. Also Quran don't say talk about the original sin. Adam has been forgiven for his sin and we are not responsible for it. So we don't need blood sacrifice at all. And no one do.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 18:08
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    When Quran talks about Abraham Sacrifice for his son, it doesn't say it was for sin forgivness. It say it was a test from GOD to Abraham to test his Faith. And when he passed the test GOD give the sacrifice instead of his son.

So you see the concept is different from the begining not only from the starting from Islam. Also Quran don't say talk about the ...[text shortened]... in and we are not responsible for it. So we don't need blood sacrifice at all. And no one do.
    I am not talking about Abrahams sacrifice of his son. After all, Abraham did not even go through with the sacrirfice of his son becuase God stopped him, no? God, in fact, NEVER sacrificed a human being other than offering up part of himself.

BTW what does the story of Abraham sacrificing his son remind you of?

How do you come to terms with this scripture? Leviticus 17:11 says this: "For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the alter to make an atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree