1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 02:12
    Obviously, we don't have many details regarding how things will be in Heaven, but I am curious about this issue:

In our human lives, we have pain from breakups, especially from divorce. Sometimes it's a pain that lasts throughout our lives.

How do you suppose this pain and heartache is reconciled in Heaven?

When we eventually 'meet' the significant other in Heaven, who may have re-married, is the pain somehow gone?

Does Heaven negate heartache?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 05:43
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Obviously, we don't have many details regarding how things will be in Heaven, but I am curious about this issue:

In our human lives, we have pain from breakups, especially from divorce. Sometimes it's a pain that lasts throughout our lives.

When we eventually 'meet' the significan ...[text shortened]... r in Heaven, who may have re-married, is the pain somehow gone?

I doubt you've ever had a girlfriend, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 05:57

When we eventually 'meet' the significan ...[text shortened]... r in Heaven, who may have re-married, is the pain somehow gone?

There was a very interesting discussion here a year or two ago about Christians finding themselves in "heaven" and their dearly beloved and life-defining, and even identity-defining, spouses in "hell".

It was interesting how some of the Christians who were arguing that it wouldn't matter found themselves having to argue that 'going to heaven' had some sort of mysterious supernatural mechanism for obliterating everyone's personality, their narrative, their memory, their personhood.

Aside from having more than a whiff of psychologically bogus make-it-up-as-you-go-along about it, it also seemed a strange and repellant thing to aspire to.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 06:021 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    There was a very interesting discussion here a year or two ago about Christians finding themselves in "heaven" and their dearly beloved and life-defining, and even identity-defining, spouses in "hell".

It was interesting how some of the Christians who were arguing that it wouldn't matter found themselves having to argue that 'going to heaven' had some sort ...[text shortened]... make-it-up-as-you-go-along about it, it also seemed a strange and repellant thing to aspire to.
    In particular I remember Lemon Lime performing some quite amusing philosophical gymnastics in order to defend a scenario where a man would be in a wonderful heaven but blissfully unaware of his wife, children, siblings and friends all being burnt alive by the same Jesus who he was simultaneously worshiping in the glorious pastures.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 06:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    In particular I remember Lemon Lime performing some quite amusing philosophical gymnastics in order to defend a scenario where a man would be in a wonderful heaven but blissfully unaware of his wife, children, siblings and friends all being burnt alive by the same Jesus who he was simultaneously worshiping in the glorious pastures.
    Indeed. And it was at that time that lemon lime went from NOT BELIEVING in eternal torture to BELIEVING in eternal torture over the space of a few days seemingly in order to simply be able to have a different belief from you and therefore say that you were not a Christian. And it was the word "worm" ~ supplied by Grampy Bobby ~ that did all this (ostensibly), even after lemon lime being a Christian for 40+ years. 😛
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 06:12

"Obviously, we don't have many details regarding how things will be in Heaven..."

Exactly, obviously!

"When we eventually 'meet' the significant other in Heaven, who may have re-married, is the pain somehow gone?"

As you say so yourself - noone knows. We don't even know that heaven exists in the first place. These are nothing more than pure speculations, scribbled down in rolls by people with an agenda, eventually raised to status of holiness, collected later to the bible, and here we are now: speculate about details about if heaven negate heartache.

When someone tells me - "I've been in heaven, and I'm back, and as a proof I show you things that I brought with me!" - I will consider it, not before.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 06:19
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Indeed. And it was at that time that lemon lime went from NOT BELIEVING in eternal torture to BELIEVING in eternal torture over the space of a few days seemingly in order to simply be able to have a different belief from you and therefore say that you were not a Christian. And it was the word "worm" ~ supplied by Grampy Bobby ~ that did all this (ostensibly), even after lemon lime being a Christian for 40+ years. 😛
    I think it may have been a miracle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree