1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 16:03
    Brothaz in Arkansas are quite a bit more grounded in reality than the whites.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/07/24/duncan.offensive.tag.KTHV
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 20:49
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Brothaz in Arkansas are quite a bit more grounded in reality than the whites.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/07/24/duncan.offensive.tag.KTHV
    I would also add that the whites in Arkansas seem really stupid.
  3. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Lets not generalize here. 😉
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:041 edit
    No kidding. You can see it in the first brotha's face. Sure, he's sayin' "It's nothin'," but you can just tell from his perplexed look that what he's really thinking is, "Why you white people always axin' me stupid questions?" And the second brotha takes the time to give the reporter a real slow explanation that seems like the same one he would give his 5-year old son.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:07
    No kidding. You can see it in the first brotha's face. Sure, he's sayin' "It's nothin'," but you can just tell from his perplexed look that what he's really thinking is, "Why you white people always axin' me stupid questions?" And the second brotha takes the time to give the reporter a real slow explanation that seems like the same one he would give his 5-year old son.
    Doc, do you know what an Arkansas virgin is?

It's a woman who can outrun her brothers.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:11
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Lets not generalize here. 😉
    But isn't that the problem here? The white people generalized about the letters "NGR".

You know I bet if I started using those letters together in the forums they (or me) would get moderated. Let's see what happens.

NGR keepin it real.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:11
    Doc, do you know what an Arkansas virgin is?

It's a woman who can outrun her brothers.
    Wasn't Arkansas the state that didn't even get included in those nationwide SAT score rankings I found a while back? Or are they they ones that still fly the Confederate flag on their Capitol?
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:143 edits
    But isn't that the problem here? The white people generalized about the letters "NGR".
    It reminds of that poor bastard from sometime around 1999 that got kicked out of Congress or something for using the term "niggardly" in a meeting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggardly

It also reminds of the time Nemesio got moderated for using the word "modicum."
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 21:46
    It also reminds of the time Nemesio got moderated for using the word "modicum."
    You know, I had forgotten this sad, sad story.

Nemesio
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 23:48
    Wasn't Arkansas the state that didn't even get included in those nationwide SAT score rankings I found a while back? Or are they they ones that still fly the Confederate flag on their Capitol?
    Doc, I believe it is South Carolina that has the confederate flag. God has also cursed them with dumb white people.

YouTube

She can at least thank the Lord that he gave her some looks.
  11. Stockholm
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 01:431 edit

You know I bet if I started using those letters together in the forums they (or me) would get moderated. Let's see what happens.

NGR keepin it real.
    This reminds me of an ice cream controversy in Sweden a few years ago. There's a popular ice cream called Nogger, a nonsense word derived from nougat which is a main ingredient. It may seem strange to native english speaking people but I think very few swedes (if any) associates Nogger with anything else than that particular ice cream.

Now the ice cream company produced a variation of Nogger with liquorice flavour and unwisely decided to call it Nogger Black, which still doesn't seem remarkable to many swedes but caused commotion among people with a more natural grasp of the english language. This actually led to some debate about the naming of products and the silliness of reading too much into a name. In any case, Nogger Black didn't last long on the market.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 02:01
    Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
    This reminds me of an ice cream controversy in Sweden a few years ago. There's a popular ice cream called Nogger, a nonsense word derived from nougat which is a main ingredient. It may seem strange to native english speaking people but I think very few swedes (if any) associates Nogger with anything else than that particular ice cream.

Now the ...[text shortened]... ss of reading too much into a name. In any case, Nogger Black didn't last long on the market.
    http://www.emoware.org/photos/nomading32-sweden2.jpg
  13. SEMO
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 16:30

NGR keepin it real.
    What I saw, it was only one woman that thought that. The fact that the woman at the desk that gave her the plate thought the same thing was here-say, she was not interviewed. This woman was the only "white" person.

The media also should not have covered such a story because it spreads hate and promotes the thaught that one race is more dumb than the next. It is the person, not the race, in my honest opinion.

I would not get offended by anyone using those letters, to me it is only letters in an order that do not spell anything. What bothers me is that the media covers things like this and it causes others to generalize only because one (or two) people think a certain way.
  14. SEMO
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 16:47
    Doc, I believe it is South Carolina that has the confederate flag. God has also cursed them with dumb white people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O63-TNYn9s

She can at least thank the Lord that he gave her some looks.
    I don't think it is right to say that a state has been cursed with dumb peope based on one person's responce to a question. Thoght I agree she could have given a better one, however, she was under some stress trying to answer a question on stage with little time to think about it.

BTW, I WAS South Carolina, but the NAACP has changed that and was still not happy whith the outcome.

"On April 12, 2000, the South Carolina state senate finally passed a bill to remove the flag by a majority of 36-7. The bill specified that a more traditional version of the battle flag (square shaped as opposed to the rectangular flag now flying above the statehouse) would be flown in front of the Capitol next to a monument honoring fallen Confederate soldiers. The bill then went to the House, where it encountered some difficulty. But on May 18, 2000, after the bill was modified to ensure that the height of the flag's new pole would be 30 feet, it was passed by a majority of 66 to 43, and Governor Jim Hodges signed the bill five days later. On July 1, the flag was removed from the South Carolina statehouse.

The bill has not appeased everyone, however: the NAACP has not called off its boycott because they feel that the flag's new position on the Capitol lawn is still too prominent."

Part of an artical from: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/confederate4.html
  15. SEMO
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 16:48
    http://www.emoware.org/photos/nomading32-sweden2.jpg
    Wonder what it tast like. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree