http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usma&c=music&id=3244
    vegetarian, no haggis for me.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    vegetarian, no haggis for me.
    Not surprised you'd slip in a little pagan food mate, perhaps you should save your Christmas pudding for Burns night and go the whole Wicca hog. So to speak.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 20:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not surprised you slip in a little pagan food mate, perhaps you should save your Christmas pudding for Burns night and go the whole Wicca hog. So to speak.
    wow, what if i have mashed potatoes and turnips (the traditional accompaniment to haggis) and drink a dram of whiskey and read some poetry? Does that count?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 20:26
    wow, what if i have mashed potatoes and turnips (the traditional accompaniment to haggis) and drink a dram of whiskey and read some poetry? Does that count?
    What's your thoughts on the link in the OP?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 21:54
    What's your thoughts on the link in the OP?
    the article is tosh, unadulterated, Burns did not worship nature as it alleges, he was born into an era of extreme superstition and these superstitions are often reflected in his poems. He was able to utilize nature to make very profound observations in a way that no poet since has been able to emulate in my opinion. The writer has a seriously deluded view of Scotland and need her bum felt to bring her back to reality, we haven't eaten goats head soup since 1678.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 23:00
    What is with you and this 'bum-feeling' nonsense?

I'll tell you what it is. It's creepy.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 23:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What is with you and this 'bum-feeling' nonsense?

I'll tell you what it is. It's creepy.
    Its a Glaswegian saying for someone that is delusional, they need their bum felt to bring them back to reality the implication being that the sensation of having ones posterior felt is potent enough to do the trick. In your case it may need several attempts though.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 04:51
    Its a Glaswegian saying for someone that is delusional, they need their bum felt to bring them back to reality the implication being that the sensation of having ones posterior felt is potent enough to do the trick. In your case it may need several attempts though.
    Or maybe breast and vigina feeling would do it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 06:10
    the article is tosh, unadulterated, Burns did not worship nature as it alleges, he was born into an era of extreme superstition and these superstitions are often reflected in his poems. He was able to utilize nature to make very profound observations in a way that no poet since has been able to emulate in my opinion. The writer has a seriously delu ...[text shortened]... and need her bum felt to bring her back to reality, we haven't eaten goats head soup since 1678.
    Well it does look like him being born into a superstitious culture did affect his writing and he does have quite a following in the pagan community. The bible says we are to abstain even the appearance of evil; do you think you defending a poet who was influenced by pagan culture and has a core pagan following is something your leadership would be advocating?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 09:381 edit
    Well it does look like him being born into a superstitious culture did affect his writing and he does have quite a following in the pagan community. The bible says we are to abstain even the appearance of evil; do you think you defending a poet who was influenced by pagan culture and has a core pagan following is something your leadership would be advocating?
    Robert Burns has been quoted in the very pages of the watchtower magazine therefore i think the brothers would laugh at your assertions of paganism.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 10:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Or maybe breast and vigina feeling would do it.
    hardly as it applies to both men and women, turn up the tone on your tone control Hinds!
  13. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 14:22
    No proper Scotsman would drink whiskey! Especially not on Burns night.(unless there was nothing else to drink,of course)
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 14:241 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    No proper Scotsman would drink whiskey! Especially not on Burns night.(unless there was nothing else to drink,of course)
    Sigh you pedant Buffy, whisky
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 14:48
    hardly as it applies to both men and women, turn up the tone on your tone control Hinds!
    Well, excuse me!

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree