1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 20:03
    Please, pray for the market. The Dow is down 300 points today. Jesus help us.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:51
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    You had better pray to God that Obama doesn't get elected. If he does, get out of the market.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    You had better pray to God that Obama doesn't get elected. If he does, get out of the market.
    Jesus would vote for Obama, because he was black.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:11
    Yea, I know. As the say, "There goes the neighborhood."

Ain't it time you come on board and admit you don't know what the hell you is talkin about? I had some hopes for you, but you seem to be swayed by some others in the forums who stir up your fears. Don't you know "perfect love casteth out fear"? I'll put in a special word for you after he is elected that he not enslave you.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:15
    Jesus would vote for Obama, because he was black.
    You got me there. I'm happy to know that Jesus was black and not some other race, because that would really make a difference. 😕

Jesus was apolitical in case you didn't know. He was a political atheist. 😲
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:19
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Yea, I know. As the say, "There goes the neighborhood."

Ain't it time you come on board and admit you don't know what the hell you is talkin about? I had some hopes for you, but you seem to be swayed by some others in the forums who stir up your fears. Don't you know "perfect love casteth out fear"? I'll put in a special word for you after he is elected that he not enslave you.
    Okay! Okay! I don't know what I'm talking about. Now I feel better.

I don't want to be a slave to the government. Not that voting for McCain is going to make much difference.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:25
    Okay! Okay! I don't know what I'm talking about. Now I feel better.

I don't want to be a slave to the government. Not that voting for McCain is going to make much difference.
    How the hell are you going to be a slave to the government if Obama or McCain is elected? Surely Jesus had it worse under Roman oppression and he didn't do any bitchin about it. Just a simple "render unto God what is God's and unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

Plus, the Supreme Court said today you can keep your guns.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:37
    How the hell are you going to be a slave to the government if Obama or McCain is elected? Surely Jesus had it worse under Roman oppression and he didn't do any bitchin about it. Just a simple "render unto God what is God's and unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

Plus, the Supreme Court said today you can keep your guns.
    Perhaps I have an inordinate amount of caution. I like to think I am being vigilant.

Do you actually think that if we don't fight to keep our freedoms that some one won't try to take them away. Surely you can see from history the pattern all nations have gone through.

This is politics, and I have purposely avoided going there in the forums because I have enough trouble around here. 😉
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:47
    Perhaps I have an inordinate amount of caution. I like to think I am being vigilant.

Do you actually think that if we don't fight to keep our freedoms that some one won't try to take them away. Surely you can see from history the pattern all nations have gone through.

This is politics, and I have purposely avoided going there in the forums because I have enough trouble around here. 😉
    What freedoms do you worry will be taken away? Here's what I suspect about people in general. The people who have the most freedom are poeple who just enjoy freedom. The people who are most enslaved, are people who fret and worry about their freedom.

Let me give you an example. Where I live, there is basically no good food to eat anywhere unless you call Pizza Hut good food. However, there are a couple of Mexican restuarants that are pretty good and I tend to go there. I have no doubts that some of the people who work there are probably illegal immigrants. Should I be upset by this or should I just give thanks to Jesus that I got someting a little more creative to eat than a mass produced pizza? It's always good to give thanks to Jesus.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 23:001 edit
    What freedoms do you worry will be taken away? Here's what I suspect about people in general. The people who have the most freedom are poeple who just enjoy freedom. The people who are most enslaved, are people who fret and worry about their freedom.

Let me give you an example. Where I live, there is basically no good food to eat anywhere unless yo ...[text shortened]... le more creative to eat than a mass produced pizza? It's always good to give thanks to Jesus.
    I'm not worried. I'm cautious.

Would you equate freedom with money. We live in a capitalist society. Money is the engine that drives the economy. The better the economy the better is our lives. If we allow ILLEGAL immigrants access to our health care system, for example, we risk losing our freedoms bit by bit due to the strain on the economy.

Do you think I don't like minorities? You talk to me like you do. You would be wrong if you do. So please don't say I don't like Mexicans. I love Mexicans. But I'm not willing to watch this country go down for the sake of those that break the law! The stronger this country is, in both it's liberties and it's economy, the better off the whole world is.
    And that's a fact.

I told you I don't want to talk politics. Stop doing this to me. 😉

We have a huge garden. The strawberries are delicious. I'll be butchering two steers in a couple of weeks. Got about a hundred chickens to butcher in the fall. We put up alot of food in the root cellar. Most of what we eat is home made from scratch. My wife and I have been building this enterprise for about 15 years.
    No! We're not doing all this hard work because we're afraid of the government. We're doing it for fun, and because it's healthy as can be. You better stop eating out. Your arteries are getting clogged up! 😀
  11. Maryland
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 04:47
    My dead cat can answer can your prayer as well as Jesus.
  12. England
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 09:42
    Originally posted by 667joe
    My dead cat can answer can your prayer as well as Jesus.
    so what did the dead cat meow, tho your name is 1 above the number of the beast.
  13. Maryland
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 11:08
    It's bad luck to be superstitious!
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 12:24
    Wouldn't you be more likely to get a reaction from Jesus if you prayed for all the people who will loose money if the Dow goes down further?

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know who benefits if the Dow goes down?
  15. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 16:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Wouldn't you be more likely to get a reaction from Jesus if you prayed for all the people who will loose money if the Dow goes down further?

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know who benefits if the Dow goes down?
    Anyone who sells short....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree