Originally posted by rwingett
Dasa! I think it's time we teamed up as a dynamic forum duo. Together we could rule this place as forum lords. We could disagree with everyone about everything. Don't worry, we could even disagree with each other. All those not gifted with "true spirituality" (or whatever) would tremble before our collective might. Indeed, we could turn the spirituality for ...[text shortened]... re those afflicted with "false religion"* would fear to tread.
*which is everybody
I was humoured by your comments and they were even polite as well.
Amongst your sarcastic comments you have touched on a couple of points of interest and you know what they say about words spoken in sarcasm - that you will find truth in them.
The points are 1.true spirituality and 2.false religion.
You comments seemed to imply that there is no such thing as false religion when concerned with the big three. Islam Christianity and Judaism - and that true religion is something coming from an imaginative mind --- and that I am exaggerating the whole situation out of proportion.
Well actually I am not.....
Every religion in the world is counterfeit accept for the original religion of the Vedas- and of course you are going to say every one says that.
The acid test for true religion is this.
1. true religion MUST come in the perfect spiritual language of Sanskrit - because Sanskrit is an eternal language and Sanskrit has thousands of words describing spirituality that other language do not have. Sanskrit actually comes from the heavenly realm and is spoken in other planetary systems. (true religion is always coming to mankind in Sanskrit.) because it is the only language capable of explaining transcendental subjects.
2. True religion MUST be eternal because God is eternal - and religion that is only recent must be fabricated.
3. true religion MUST have intimate knowledge of God and Gods home and Gods activities and Gods nature and Gods pastimes and Gods description and Gods associates.
4. true religion MUST not present falsity.
5. true religion Must be able to answer every question about spirituality and religion and the soul and the human condition and give the process for going back home to Godhead.
6. true religion Must be able to completely stop persons engaging in sinful activities.
7. true religion Must accept the principle of Ahimsa (non violence) towards all creatures.
8. true religion Must be coming in disciplic succession by bonafide and authorized spiritual masters.
9. true religion Must be accepted by all saints ands seer and Acaryas of truth.
10. true religion Must have complete and true knowledge of all things spiritual.
11. true religion Must be able to describe in detail all of the main incarnations of God.
12. true religion will be able to accurately describe the suffering human condition.
13. true religion will have the longest and biggest collection of spiritual writings in history.
14. true religion will be Sanatana Dhama.
15. true religion will be able to bring persons to the platform of love of God and self realization.
The Vedanta Sutra has ticked all the boxes and has passed the acid test.
*False religion will be the opposite of all the above. - and fail on every point.