Calling out Dasa!

Calling out Dasa!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Oct 11

Dasa! I think it's time we teamed up as a dynamic forum duo. Together we could rule this place as forum lords. We could disagree with everyone about everything. Don't worry, we could even disagree with each other. All those not gifted with "true spirituality" (or whatever) would tremble before our collective might. Indeed, we could turn the spirituality forum into a place where those afflicted with "false religion"* would fear to tread.

*which is everybody

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
08 Oct 11
1 edit

Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven, is that it?

Excellent 2 minute video clip. We have lots of John Miltons here, and I suspect a few Kevin Lomax's are here as well.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven, is that it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk

Excellent 2 minute video clip. We have lots of John Miltons here, and I suspect a few Kevin Lomax's are here as well.
Hey, that was great stuff. What movie was that?

w

Moves
08 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by rwingett
Dasa! I think it's time we teamed up as a dynamic forum duo. Together we could rule this place as forum lords. We could disagree with everyone about everything. Don't worry, we could even disagree with each other. All those not gifted with "true spirituality" (or whatever) would tremble before our collective might. Indeed, we could turn the spirituality for ...[text shortened]... re those afflicted with "false religion"* would fear to tread.

*which is everybody
Don't do it Dasa!! He knows nothing of the Vendetta Sunter....or whatever it is. Utlimate truth is not in him.

As the French would say, "Mercy buttercups but no thanks!!"

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Oct 11

Originally posted by whodey
Don't do it Dasa!! He knows nothing of the Vendetta Sunter....or whatever it is. Utlimate truth is not in him.

As the French would say, "Mercy buttercups but no thanks!!"
Dasa knows what ultimate truth is. I deny that there is any ultimate truth at all. If we combine forces it would be like matter hitting anti-matter. I, uh, don't know exactly what that causes, but it must be potent.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
08 Oct 11

Dasa knows what ultimate truth is. I deny that there is any ultimate truth at all. If we combine forces it would be like matter hitting anti-matter. I, uh, don't know exactly what that causes, but it must be potent.
If he knew the ultimate truth, he would know what a yutz he is. 😞

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
08 Oct 11

Dasa! I think it's time we teamed up as a dynamic forum duo. Together we could rule this place as forum lords. We could disagree with everyone about everything. Don't worry, we could even disagree with each other. All those not gifted with "true spirituality" (or whatever) would tremble before our collective might. Indeed, we could turn the spirituality for ...[text shortened]... re those afflicted with "false religion"* would fear to tread.

*which is everybody
I was humoured by your comments and they were even polite as well.

Amongst your sarcastic comments you have touched on a couple of points of interest and you know what they say about words spoken in sarcasm - that you will find truth in them.

The points are 1.true spirituality and 2.false religion.

You comments seemed to imply that there is no such thing as false religion when concerned with the big three. Islam Christianity and Judaism - and that true religion is something coming from an imaginative mind --- and that I am exaggerating the whole situation out of proportion.

Well actually I am not.....

Every religion in the world is counterfeit accept for the original religion of the Vedas- and of course you are going to say every one says that.

The acid test for true religion is this.

1. true religion MUST come in the perfect spiritual language of Sanskrit - because Sanskrit is an eternal language and Sanskrit has thousands of words describing spirituality that other language do not have. Sanskrit actually comes from the heavenly realm and is spoken in other planetary systems. (true religion is always coming to mankind in Sanskrit.) because it is the only language capable of explaining transcendental subjects.

2. True religion MUST be eternal because God is eternal - and religion that is only recent must be fabricated.

3. true religion MUST have intimate knowledge of God and Gods home and Gods activities and Gods nature and Gods pastimes and Gods description and Gods associates.

4. true religion MUST not present falsity.

5. true religion Must be able to answer every question about spirituality and religion and the soul and the human condition and give the process for going back home to Godhead.

6. true religion Must be able to completely stop persons engaging in sinful activities.

7. true religion Must accept the principle of Ahimsa (non violence) towards all creatures.

8. true religion Must be coming in disciplic succession by bonafide and authorized spiritual masters.

9. true religion Must be accepted by all saints ands seer and Acaryas of truth.

10. true religion Must have complete and true knowledge of all things spiritual.

11. true religion Must be able to describe in detail all of the main incarnations of God.

12. true religion will be able to accurately describe the suffering human condition.

13. true religion will have the longest and biggest collection of spiritual writings in history.

14. true religion will be Sanatana Dhama.

15. true religion will be able to bring persons to the platform of love of God and self realization.

The Vedanta Sutra has ticked all the boxes and has passed the acid test.

---------------

*False religion will be the opposite of all the above. - and fail on every point.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Oct 11

Originally posted by Dasa

Amongst your sarcastic comments you have touched on a couple of points of interest and you know what they say about words spoken in sarcasm - that you will find truth in them.

You comments seemed to imply that there is no such th ...[text shortened]... -----------

*False religion will be the opposite of all the above. - and fail on every point.
Yeah, I know all that. The point, though, is that in order to undermine the entrenched belief systems of all these false religion charlatans, we need to hit 'em from two flanks. You see, they can defend themselves against your frontal assaults well enough, but if I come around from the other side, we'll get them in an intellectual pincer movement. Their beliefs will be shaken to the core and they'll see the light. You see?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Oct 11

You comments seemed to imply that there is no such th ...[text shortened]... -----------

There is no religion that meets that standard, I dare say, not even your own.

F

Moves
08 Oct 11

Yeah, I know all that. The point, though, is that in order to undermine the entrenched belief systems of all these false religion charlatans, we need to hit 'em from two flanks. You see, they can defend themselves against your frontal assaults well enough, but if I come around from the other side, we'll get them in an intellectual pincer movement. Their beliefs will be shaken to the core and they'll see the light. You see?
Aligning yourself with Dasa's O'Brien-like authoritarian and profoundly intolerant vision is (a) worth it in terms of the harm it does to your advocacy, and (b) compatible with your ideals and aspirations? Surely the Chestnut Tree Cafe is only big enough for one interior designer? 😵

F

Moves
08 Oct 11

The Vedanta Sutra has ticked all the boxes and has passed the acid test.
OK, Dasa. You don't want to answer the question 'Do you know what a circular argument is?' So let me re-frame it slightly, taking your above post into consideration: 'Do you know what 15 circular arguments are?'

F

Moves
08 Oct 11

Sanskrit actually comes from the heavenly realm and is spoken in other planetary systems.
Take it to Science Forum, Spanky!😀

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
08 Oct 11

I love this plan. It's an un/holy alliance to make the God-botherers tremble!

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
08 Oct 11

Originally posted by bbarr
I love this plan. It's an un/holy alliance to make the God-botherers tremble!
If you want to join battle along with Dasa and rwingett against the forces of the so called ' false' religions, where are you positioning your artillery of Logic ? On rwingett's flank ? I am afraid that Logic artillery does not have the required range. Or you are just an interested spectator ? Or like Agerg just stoking up the fire ? As for me, I want to be the a peacemaker between Dasa and the so called ' false ' religions.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
08 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
Take it to Science Forum, Spanky!😀
Please don't! ðŸ˜