1. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 11:12
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    He protested too much, no?

Yeah, he says that he was using drugs and got a 'massage' from this guy. The prostitute, however,
    claims that it was a three-year relationship.

Priceless.
    He's just following Martin Luther's example...

isn't that what he's supposed to be up to?
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 11:13
    If Ted Haggard had wished to curb his homosexual tendencies, which should have relied upon: Will or Grace?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 13:402 edits
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    If Ted Haggard had wished to curb his homosexual tendencies, which should have relied upon: Will or Grace?
    I think what you are really asking is how does man overcome his sin in his own life? Can man overcome sin on his own via his own will? If so then why did Christ come to overcome sin for us? The Bible says that whoever commits a sin becomes a slave to that sin. Christ came to free us from its chains if we so desire. However, if man is unwilling to turn to Christ for help since he has overcome sin for us, can Christ help such a person overcome sin? The Bible says that Christ stands at the door of our hearts knocking to ask to be allowed to come in. He does not force himself upon anyone. So to answer your question I guess it requires both.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 13:52
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What can we learn from Ted Haggard, the former president of the National Association of Evangelicals? It appears that he is acknowledging "some" truth to the accusations around his soliciting a male prostitute. He was influential in opposing same sex marriages, homosexuality, and various other causes of the conservative evangelical church.
    What can we learn about a TV evangalist like Billy Graham? A man who has practiced what he has preached and a man of integrity. A man who has not brought disgrace upon the name of the God who he claims to follow.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 14:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    What can we learn about a TV evangalist like Billy Graham? A man who has practiced what he has preached and a man of integrity. A man who has not brought disgrace upon the name of the God who he claims to follow.
    I think we can learn not to trust TV evangelists who court politicians. Even Graham learned this the hard way with Nixon.
  6. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 14:381 edit
    I think what you are really asking is how does man overcome his sin in his own life? Can man overcome sin on his own via his own will? If so then why did Christ come to overcome sin for us? The Bible says that whoever commits a sin becomes a slave to that sin. Christ came to free us from its chains if we so desire. However, if man is unwilling to turn to ...[text shortened]... n. He does not force himself upon anyone. So to answer your question I guess it requires both.
    Nice answer, Whodey, but I think he was talkig about 'Will and Grace' the unhilarious sit-com with a single chick and a noofter holed up together in a flat in the city.

If you've never heard of it, I'd be grateful for small wonders. 😉
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 18:24
    I think what you are really asking is how does man overcome his sin in his own life? Can man overcome sin on his own via his own will? If so then why did Christ come to overcome sin for us? The Bible says that whoever commits a sin becomes a slave to that sin. Christ came to free us from its chains if we so desire. However, if man is unwilling to turn to ...[text shortened]... n. He does not force himself upon anyone. So to answer your question I guess it requires both.
    Do you think that homosexuality could be overcome with a dose of Will and Grace?
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 18:25
    Originally posted by sjeg
    Nice answer, Whodey, but I think he was talkig about 'Will and Grace' the unhilarious sit-com with a single chick and a noofter holed up together in a flat in the city.

If you've never heard of it, I'd be grateful for small wonders. 😉
    😉
  9. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 18:272 edits
    Do you think that homosexuality could be overcome with a dose of Will and Grace?
    I'd wager it'd be more effective than electrolysis of the testes any day. 😕 Though, surely the electrolysis would be a treatment preferable to the patient?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 19:37
    I knew that of coarse, I was only playing around 😳 Not!!!

Anyhew, to answer your question, I suppose anything is worth a try.🙄

Then again, it seems like such a drastic measure. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Throwing the whole "gay" issue aside, I found the sitcom to be mind numblingly horrible. I can honestly say this because I was forced to watch it once.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 02:24
    I knew that of coarse, I was only playing around 😳 Not!!!

Anyhew, to answer your question, I suppose anything is worth a try.🙄

Then again, it seems like such a drastic measure. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Throwing the whole "gay" issue aside, I found the sitcom to be mind numblingly horrible. I can honestly say this because I was forced to watch it once.
    What about Turing (one of the greatest minds of the 20th century)? Was his homosexuality overcome by his (enforced) hormone treatment?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree